PDA

View Full Version : Ski show ideas needed

Jerseydave
06-25-2013, 06:17 PM
I'm getting involved in my old ski club from the 90's and they are putting on a small ski show for the local waterfront property owners. They have been doing this for several years but I have not seen it except for last year. From what I recall, these are some of the acts:

3-man wakeboard pyramid (2 tier)
6-man ski pyramid (3 tier)
Our top barefooter making a run just like in a comp.
2 swivel skiers behind the same boat, doing tricks in unison
A guy on a chair on a disc
Our top wakeboarder doing a trick run (backroll, tantrum, 360, 540, Murray-style tumbleturn, hang 10 out of the bindings.)

Any other ideas? Keep in mind we are not as advanced as some clubs.

swatguy
06-25-2013, 06:51 PM
Always a favorite. Slalom skiers on slalom skis with bindings mounted in reverse. Skiing backwards.

Skier doing a 360 around a boat power turning, or just a plain old powerturn. For some reason people in the stands love em.

One more is tandem wakeboarders. One rope just short of the other. From stands the look the same because one is directly behind the boat and other is edging out setting up for trick. The guy outside cuts in jumping the wake over the other boarders rope next to him. As you get good it almost looks like your clearing the person.

madcityskier
06-25-2013, 06:53 PM
I thought a skier in a clown suit looking inept on trick skis dong an around the boat was compulsory?

tex
06-25-2013, 06:56 PM
Sky Ski/Conventional Doubles/ATB/Flag Line/Shoe Skis

swatguy
06-25-2013, 07:10 PM
I thought a skier in a clown suit looking inept on trick skis dong an around the boat was compulsory?

Like it

Jerseydave
06-25-2013, 07:23 PM
Nice ideas, keep them coming.

I think we have 4 barefooters, we could try a 4-man barefoot line behind one boat.

I always liked 2 boats running in one direction, with a 3rd boat "threading the needle" going the other direction. I don't think the PA boat commission would like that one though. :rolleyes:

One guy has a '93 blue S&S and I have my '93 Limited, maybe twin powerturns would be cool.

BARE5
06-25-2013, 07:36 PM
Beach start barefoot , prefab pyramid off the dock, mixed doubles. Our big one now is 8 barefooters followed by our flag line which is made up of lil kids on the team.

madcityskier
06-25-2013, 07:48 PM
Video of the 10 man back footing line was impressive.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9if3Eymk1j4&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Slinkyredfoot
06-25-2013, 07:50 PM
Beach start barefoot , prefab pyramid off the dock, mixed doubles. Our big one now is 8 barefooters followed by our flag line which is made up of lil kids on the team.

Double beach barefoot start always got a blast of the horns. Do you have a jump?

Jerseydave
06-25-2013, 10:07 PM
Double beach barefoot start always got a blast of the horns. Do you have a jump?

We're on a river, so no beach and we don't have a jump either.
Barefoot flying dock starts are always a crowd pleaser. Maybe even off the top of a pontoon boat....hmmm. ;)

SPSinclair 190
06-25-2013, 10:12 PM
A three person bare foot pyramid is always a crowd pleaser.