PDA

View Full Version : 2003 ProStar 205v for Sale

IH2OSKI
06-22-2013, 05:34 PM
For Sale - 2003 ProStar 205v. I purchased this boat new; it has always been stored in a garage and is in immaculate condition. It has 258 hours. 310 hp EFI Predator engine. White with Monterey Blue and Khaki accent stripes. Sand interior. Perfect Pass Wakeboard Pro, newer Clarion Stereo with Bluetooth, Pandora, iPod, etc. Rockford Fosgate amp and subwoofer. Depth finder. Factory towable boat cover (linen in color) and factory bimini top (blue). Factory heater. Stainless steel rubrail. Custom stainless steel exhaust extensions. Perfect teak platform. Blue single axle MasterCraft trailer with disc brakes. NO dock rash whatsoever - exterior and interior of boat are PERFECT. There are no disappointments with this boat. Asking $23,000. Located in eastern Iowa. Please contact me at mark-sorenson@uiowa.edu If you need pictures please contact. Thanks.

mwg
06-22-2013, 06:00 PM
Great looking boat.. shouldn't last long

Good luck

IH2OSKI
06-22-2013, 06:06 PM
Thanks much. It is a wonderful boat - we used it more when our kids were younger. They are out of the house now - and we are aging. Skiing is fun but it can affect both my back and my wife's at times. It's a tough decision but we'll see what happens.

ttu
06-22-2013, 07:25 PM
what a beautiful 205V! if I were in the market I would already be there to pick it up. good luck with the sale. you can tell she has been well taken care of.

IH2OSKI
06-22-2013, 08:24 PM
Thank you - yup - she's been our baby.

TOO-TALL
06-22-2013, 08:45 PM
Very nice.....

JMLVMI
06-22-2013, 11:31 PM
Beautiful boat!

IH2OSKI
06-23-2013, 03:05 PM
Thanks much - I appreciate the compliments. It's been a wonderful boat.

CC2MC
06-23-2013, 06:07 PM
Great looking boat. Wish you were closer to AL.

Footin
06-24-2013, 08:12 PM
Very Nice, and I am a lookin........will you deliver to Columbus?

I am debating, I am debating..........

Iskidaily
06-24-2013, 08:14 PM
drool. nice!

IH2OSKI
06-24-2013, 11:58 PM
Very Nice, and I am a lookin........will you deliver to Columbus?

I am debating, I am debating..........

Hmmm - Google says that is 540 miles away. That's a bit far on a deal with no firm commitment. I also have several more local individuals considering the boat. For now I would have to decline that offer. Thank you for your interest.

Mastercraft13
06-26-2013, 12:44 AM
I would of bought this in a heartbeat, just a year too late. Amazing boat!

IH2OSKI
06-26-2013, 11:28 PM
Thanks everyone for your comments - the boat sold tonight to a wonderful family. I'm happy knowing it will continue to make people smile :)

chevroletman
06-26-2013, 11:44 PM
Yes beautiful boat Mark. Sure would of loved to own. Not cool on your way of doing business.

Jeramy

IH2OSKI
06-26-2013, 11:59 PM
Yes beautiful boat Mark. Sure would of loved to own. Not cool on your way of doing business.

Jeramy

I'm sorry Jeramy and sorry you feel that way. I did tell you another individual (local) was coming to see the boat tonight. I did not know that they would have a cashier's check in hand. They were here - money in hand. Very fair offer. The businessman in me says you have to take that deal. Again - I'm sorry and I can understand your disappointment. One last thing - I was in discussions with them on this prior to your contact. I'm hopeful you find a nice boat.

JohnnyB
06-27-2013, 08:13 AM

Jeramy

Not trying to start something here but until I have cash in hand, full or money down, I have no obligation to any potential buyer.

Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

Voodoo
06-27-2013, 08:47 AM
The first person standing in my driveway, with the money, gets the boat. All else is rubbish.

willyt
06-27-2013, 09:57 AM
cash is king

mzimme
06-27-2013, 10:00 AM
I'm curious to know where you're from in Iowa. I grew up in the quad cities.

76S&S
06-27-2013, 10:01 AM
Beautiful boat and congrats on the quick sell. Hope the new owners will enjoy it and take as good of care as you did.

mwg
06-27-2013, 11:04 AM
Congrats on the quick sale..

sppeders
06-27-2013, 11:27 AM
I'm sorry Jeramy and sorry you feel that way. I did tell you another individual (local) was coming to see the boat tonight. I did not know that they would have a cashier's check in hand. They were here - money in hand. Very fair offer. The businessman in me says you have to take that deal. Again - I'm sorry and I can understand your disappointment. One last thing - I was in discussions with them on this prior to your contact. I'm hopeful you find a nice boat.

You did the right thing, Cash talks, and BS walks. I've had many people verbally committed to buying something from me and they never show. I always disclose that until i have payment the item is for sale. You did the right thing.

Rossterman
06-27-2013, 04:30 PM
You did the right thing, Cash talks, and BS walks. I've had many people verbally committed to buying something from me and they never show. I always disclose that until i have payment the item is for sale. You did the right thing.

Agree- when i bought our 205v the PO indicated that there were several buyers coming over at 4pm after work to look at it. I called my wife to get some cash from the bank and meet me at my office. I left work at 2 and had bought it by 3.

Amazes me when people think that that they have some "special" right that sellers must hold something for them. If the purchaser was so intent on buying, he should have arranged to be the first one to the door. If he couldnt make it that day or had to work, thats not the sellers fault. If it was really that important, they would have done whats needed to get there.

Hogwild
06-27-2013, 04:42 PM
While I somewhat agree with most of whats been said, the only thing I would say to counter is that it takes time to arrange financing and to travel for some people. I would have never been able to buy my boat had the seller not held it for me long enough to get up there. I had to arrange to get cashiers check and rent a vehicle to tow it back with.

chevroletman
06-27-2013, 05:25 PM
Thank you Hogwild. In this case... I fell in love with the boat. Been looking hard for three years. Called up mark (the owner) am talked to him for 30 min. I offered him 21000. He came back with 21500. I said I would take it. I told him already pre qualified for loan on his exact boat. Because I asked him to email me a copy of title and he did. I proceeded to tell him would be heading his way. Was getting ready to pick up cashiers check when he told me "got bad news. I sold the boat"
I don't care who you are or what u think... That's not cool and not how I was raised.
Anyway... What is done is done. It wasn't meant to be.

Ryan
06-27-2013, 05:36 PM
Thank you Hogwild. In this case... I fell in love with the boat. Been looking hard for three years. Called up mark (the owner) am talked to him for 30 min. I offered him 21000. He came back with 21500. I said I would take it. I told him already pre qualified for loan on his exact boat. Because I asked him to email me a copy of title and he did. I proceeded to tell him would be heading his way. Was getting ready to pick up cashiers check when he told me "got bad news. I sold the boat"
I don't care who you are or what u think... That's not cool and not how I was raised.

I empathize as I was trying to buy a boat in FL a year ago. Luckily the seller called me right while I was in the middle of buying a plane ticket and sending a deposit via paypal (small amount and not a scam by any means) before I lost any money on the deal. But, it's no skin off my back, I'd only have a right to be upset if I'd put down a deposit and lost the boat. A signed contract and a deposit go a long way, could run an escrow account for the purchase price too.

LaRue
06-27-2013, 05:49 PM
i hesitate to stick my nose in here but I would agree that if a verbal agreement was made, then the boat was no longer available for sale. If owner indicated that others were coming to look and he would accept offers until $$ was in hand, then that would be part of the verbal agreement. However, in my book, if owner indicated boat was sold at an agreed upon price with agreed upon details, then boat is not available for sale to others. That's how i roll.

ttu
06-27-2013, 05:50 PM
i hesitate to stick my nose in here but I would agree that if a verbal agreement was made, then the boat was no longer available for sale. If owner indicated that others were coming to look and he would accept offers until $$ was in hand, then that would be part of the verbal agreement. However, in my book, if owner indicated boat was sold at an agreed upon price with agreed upon details, then boat is not available for sale to others. That's how i roll.

my thoughts also!

Ryan
06-27-2013, 06:12 PM

Verbal is sketchy for anything over $500 in many states. I don't know what transpired in the call(s) but the OP's posts are quite respectful and appropriate. To me there's no issue since he proactively called with the bad news. But I'm no attorney. Sure it's tough - but there is always another boat.

JohnnyB
06-27-2013, 06:17 PM
While I somewhat agree with most of whats been said, the only thing I would say to counter is that it takes time to arrange financing and to travel for some people. I would have never been able to buy my boat had the seller not held it for me long enough to get up there. I had to arrange to get cashiers check and rent a vehicle to tow it back with.

Easily solved w down payment..

JohnnyB
06-27-2013, 06:19 PM

Ok...i get it. You have a reason to be unhappy.

LaRue
06-27-2013, 06:19 PM
edit.

Longdrive
06-27-2013, 06:50 PM
If it went down like described by Chevy it's BS and I would be pissed as well. That's no way to handle a transaction.

I just purchased my 205 and had a 1000 mile drive. Negotiated over the phone (I hate doing that) but needed to get it done for the bank etc. If he had pulled this crap...well he didn't thankfully there are still some people you can take on their word.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

drschemel
06-27-2013, 07:05 PM
You can alway wire some earnest money before you make the drive. Seller under no obligation until some money changes hands.

Longdrive
06-27-2013, 07:17 PM
Less about obligation and more about expectations.

Cloaked
06-27-2013, 07:45 PM
Anyway... What is done is done. It wasn't meant to be.http://nashville.craigslist.org/boa/3837111727.html

Ryan
06-27-2013, 08:24 PM
You can alway wire some earnest money before you make the drive. Seller under no obligation until some money changes hands.

I've missed out on 6 boats over the passed few years like this (you know those smokin deal kinda boats). 2 turned down the offer of a deposit to hold out for the first with cash in full. It's part of the process. But I only missed out on the others because people showed up with full payment before I could get a deposit sent. We don't live in a hand-shake society. So far this was an accepted offer but is not a contract to sell.

An offer, agreement (price, terms and timing) AND consideration make boat buying legally enforcable. A paypal transfer of $250 earnest money would have saved it with an agreement that he keeps it if you backout and you get it back if the boat fails your inspection. I cant fathom driving more than 30 mi without this step. Did you have a check from the bank yet or just pre-approval and the copy of the title? How much time transpired from first call to the bad news call? Had you set terms, method of payment and a time to complete the required performance?

Or skip the questions and we can all share good search results. What kinda boat are you looking for? There's a '05 205v with a tower on eBay right now with a 'make an offer button'. Your pre approval would still work.

Ryan
06-27-2013, 08:25 PM
There's a nice '99 dd 205 with a LTR in Austin for $12.5k.

http://austin.craigslist.org/boa/3898350004.html

mzimme
06-27-2013, 08:56 PM
Pretty solid deal here:

http://tulsa.craigslist.org/boa/3861348251.html

Minus that ugly tower, but that can be fixed.

chevroletman
06-28-2013, 01:31 AM
Pretty solid deal here:

http://tulsa.craigslist.org/boa/3861348251.html

Minus that ugly tower, but that can be fixed.

Thank you Mike.. Actually have viewed this boat... it is not near as clean as the pictures. :-(

sand2snow22
06-28-2013, 01:34 AM
Pics taken years ago?

chevroletman
06-28-2013, 01:37 AM
I had told him that all i needed was a copy of the title and I would be on my way with a cashiers check for the agreeded amount of 21500. He sent me a copy of the title and then 4 hours later told me the bad news.

chevroletman
06-28-2013, 01:41 AM
I've missed out on 6 boats over the passed few years like this (you know those smokin deal kinda boats). 2 turned down the offer of a deposit to hold out for the first with cash in full. It's part of the process. But I only missed out on the others because people showed up with full payment before I could get a deposit sent. We don't live in a hand-shake society. So far this was an accepted offer but is not a contract to sell.

An offer, agreement (price, terms and timing) AND consideration make boat buying legally enforcable. A paypal transfer of $250 earnest money would have saved it with an agreement that he keeps it if you backout and you get it back if the boat fails your inspection. I cant fathom driving more than 30 mi without this step. Did you have a check from the bank yet or just pre-approval and the copy of the title? How much time transpired from first call to the bad news call? Had you set terms, method of payment and a time to complete the required performance?

Or skip the questions and we can all share good search results. What kinda boat are you looking for? There's a '05 205v with a tower on eBay right now with a 'make an offer button'. Your pre approval would still work.

I meant to post the reply here.
I had told him that all I needed was a copy of the title and I would be on my way with a cashiers check for the agreeded amount of 21500. He sent me a copy of the title and then 4 hours later told me the bad news

Voodoo
06-28-2013, 08:12 AM
I had told him that all i needed was a copy of the title and I would be on my way with a cashiers check for the agreeded amount of 21500. He sent me a copy of the title and then 4 hours later told me the bad news.

Come on dude, nobody likes a crybaby.

Hogwild
06-28-2013, 09:48 AM
Chevyman...we'll find you a good one..hang in there

Aric'sX15
06-28-2013, 11:49 AM
Come on dude, nobody likes a crybaby.

Id be pissed too. dont really think hes being a crybaby.

LaRue
06-28-2013, 12:51 PM
I agree. enuff said.

CC2MC
06-28-2013, 12:59 PM

That does stink, but unfortunately all part of it. Just be patient and one will come along and it may be closer to you than you think, allowing you to be the first one to show up with cash in hand.

Longdrive
06-28-2013, 01:08 PM
You'll look back on this once you find the perfect boat and be glad you missed it.

mikeg205
06-28-2013, 01:22 PM
I waited 2 years for mine... commited first day - and got it the next day in IA.

IH2OSKI
06-28-2013, 02:03 PM
I'm curious to know where you're from in Iowa. I grew up in the quad cities.

I'm in Coralville. Close to the reservoir - spent a fair amount of my life on that water.

Jaxon4
06-29-2013, 03:13 PM
Thanks much. It is a wonderful boat - we used it more when our kids were younger. They are out of the house now - and we are aging. Skiing is fun but it can affect both my back and my wife's at times. It's a tough decision but we'll see what happens.
Where in Eastern Iowa..I have a Tristar right now and was looking to up grade!! Im from Dubuque...is she still for sale??

Aric'sX15
06-30-2013, 11:47 AM
It's sold.