PDA

View Full Version : Which one do you have?

jmyers
10-06-2005, 05:44 PM
Which truck do you have? I had to clarify!!! :eek:

east tx skier
10-06-2005, 05:45 PM
The male kind.

???

That serves me right for posting before the poll was up. The answer doesn't change though.

Ford Gas

shepherd
10-06-2005, 05:48 PM
The red one

Edit:
Yeah yeah yeah... :cool: Chevy... gas, but I don't discriminate - Fords and Dodges are cool too.

(sorry jmyers, I jumped in too early like Eastie!)

Cary K.
10-06-2005, 05:51 PM
DODGE !!! 5.9 liter gas eater

jmyers
10-06-2005, 05:52 PM
The red one
Oh, that helps Shep!! :confused:

PendO
10-06-2005, 05:52 PM
me 3/4 ton Dodge Diesel
dad 3/4 ton Dodge Diesel
Brother 1/2 ton Dodge Hemi

... oh, don't get me wrong, GM makes a great product ... for my mom;)

I REALLY like the powerstroke but I think I get a little better mileage with the dodge and the smaller diesel.

AirJunky
10-06-2005, 05:56 PM
me 3/4 ton Dodge Diesel
dad 3/4 ton Dodge Diesel

I REALLY like the powerstroke but I think I get a little better mileage with the dodge and the smaller diesel.
Yea, looks like a Dodge dealership in front of Casey's cabin. Next time I'll bring my baby Dakota so I can blend in. :steering:

milkmania
10-06-2005, 05:58 PM
Which truck do you have? I had to clarify!!! :eek:

I'm sorry.....

I got a bad habit of killing threads around here

chevy gassers for me

Workin' 4 Toys
10-06-2005, 05:59 PM
Ford Diesel and GMC Gas. But I could only vote once. So I chose to vote with the rig that tows the most.;)

Ric
10-06-2005, 06:00 PM
me 3/4 ton Dodge Diesel
dad 3/4 ton Dodge Diesel

yeessh I'll take your Mom's car, thanks :rolleyes:

jmyers
10-06-2005, 06:00 PM
Ford Diesel and GMC Gas. But I could only vote once. So I chose to vote with the rig that tows the most.;)
Only PU trucks, I have a Chevy gas Tahoe also!

Workin' 4 Toys
10-06-2005, 06:03 PM
Oh, I wasn't aware a tahoe wasn't considered a truck.:confused: LOL.

Crash
10-06-2005, 06:04 PM
Lovin' my Chev Tahoe!

jmyers
10-06-2005, 06:05 PM
Oh, I wasn't aware a tahoe wasn't considered a truck.:confused: LOL.
Sport Utility! Gotcha!!! :toast:

AirJunky
10-06-2005, 06:07 PM
Convinced my wife to sell her Escalade & get a Subaru Outback. Gets almost double the mileage, carries almost the same load inside it & costs me less than 1/2 as much.

Workin' 4 Toys
10-06-2005, 06:09 PM
What are all these "others" Show what you have. I would like to know what others are towing with as well.

Cary K.
What kind of mileage you gettin' with that 5.9? Average tank?

Workin' 4 Toys
10-06-2005, 06:13 PM
Convinced my wife to sell her Escalade & get a Subaru Outback. Gets almost double the mileage, carries almost the same load inside it & costs me less than 1/2 as much.
Could have bought the WRX STI and had a lot of fun with it too. Very fun car.

jmyers
10-06-2005, 06:17 PM
What are all these "others" Show what you have. I would like to know what others are towing with as well.

Cary K.
Ok, Jeep Liberty for the other vehicle. I haven't pulled the MC but it pulled the Nautique just fine!!

chico
10-06-2005, 06:22 PM
just got an envoy.tows the boat nice.

Workin' 4 Toys
10-06-2005, 06:24 PM
just got an envoy.tows the boat nice.
Did you get the one with the retractable roof and converts to a partial pickup?

Kevin 89MC
10-06-2005, 06:40 PM
My work truck (which does most of the pulling) is a Chev TrailBlazer with the inline 6. Does a good job pulling. The wife's truck (I bought) is a '97 Toyota Land Cruiser. It also has an inline 6, but not as strong, but it really doesn't notice the weight much either. It is much better suited for the trails! (doesn't see much of that either).
When I first got the boat, I used to tow it with a 1986 2 wheel drive 4 cylinder Toyota pickup. My sister was the master of helping me pull the boat out. Most folks "power up" their boat on to the trailer, well she would be in the boat with it running to hit the throttle when I started to pull with the truck. There were a few launches where she was probably doing more pushing with the boat, than I was pulling with the truck!
Kevin

Mag_Red
10-06-2005, 06:48 PM
99 Chevy Gas and a 04 Ford gasser...............love the Ford! :love:

Tom023
10-06-2005, 06:58 PM
The free one.

Cary K.
10-06-2005, 08:01 PM
Cary K.

I only work 4 miles from the house, so my mileage really suffers going short in-town distances, but the tanks last longer :-). I am getting 10mpg daily in-town; 14mpg interstate driving, and about 7mpg towing the X-Star.

Even though it is running great, it is time for a tune up which I am sure will improve the mileage, at least a little.

BrianM
10-06-2005, 08:08 PM

What Outback do you have? I convinced the wife we needed one when the redesigned '05s came out last August. We have a 2.5 Limited. Didn't need the H6 or the Turbo although either would have been really nice but the mileage is a lot worse. We average about 27.5 mpg with the 4 banger. Extremely safe as well (my wife has already tried out the side curtain air bags to the tune of $8k in damage :mad: . Love the car even though they do have a bit of a tree hugging lesbian stigma. :o

Hijack off... Sorry

bcampbe7
10-06-2005, 08:10 PM

Land Rover Discovery 2
We have a love/hate relationship.

BeavenX5
10-06-2005, 08:12 PM
Volvo XC.
Does that count as Ford gas ;)
Gets great mileage with it and does the job of getting the boat in and out of the water once a year. Its a bit small for the family and the dog to go to the cottage every week-end.

bcampbe7
10-06-2005, 08:16 PM
Volvo XC.
Does that count as Ford gas ;)
Gets great mileage with it and does the job of getting the boat in and out of the water once a year. Its a bit small for the family and the dog to go to the cottage every week-end.

How does the XC90 do with towing? How far do you have to tow your boat? The wife wants one, but I wasn't sure if it would be able to tow the boat. We only tow about 5 miles one-way to the ramp 2-3 times per weekend, but...

BeavenX5
10-06-2005, 08:45 PM
How does the XC90 do with towing? How far do you have to tow your boat? The wife wants one, but I wasn't sure if it would be able to tow the boat. We only tow about 5 miles one-way to the ramp 2-3 times per weekend, but...

It is actually a XC70 5cyl. 2.4LT with 190HP. Does an OK job for my need 3-4 miles to the lake access. Took the boat out with ease last week-end on hard sand lake buttom and gravel moderate slope ramp. I was actually impressed with the relative ease it did the job considering the size of the car vs boat.

Workin' 4 Toys
10-06-2005, 08:51 PM
Land Rover Discovery 2
We have a love/hate relationship.
LR has a cool rig available now. I have seen them on billboards around town(burnt orange), but the local dealer hasn't been able to keep one in stock for me to see it.

AirJunky
10-06-2005, 09:08 PM
What Outback do you have? I convinced the wife we needed one when the redesigned '05s came out last August. We have a 2.5 Limited. Didn't need the H6 or the Turbo although either would have been really nice but the mileage is a lot worse. We average about 27.5 mpg with the 4 banger. Extremely safe as well (my wife has already tried out the side curtain air bags to the tune of $8k in damage :mad: . Love the car even though they do have a bit of a tree hugging lesbian stigma. :o

Hijack off... Sorry
We have the 2000 Outback, Brian, 2.5 liter, probably getting 24 or 25 mpg. My wife loves it so much she now wants an '06.

BTW, around here (Seattle = home of tree hugging lesbians), the Forrester is their car of choice. The Outback seems to be more bisexual, although still tree huggers. :uglyhamme

Another note, my brother towed his 88 Prostar with his 98 Outback. He only lived about 10 or 15 blocks from the ramp & the car never missed a beat even though the boat weight was way over the car's limit.

bcampbe7
10-06-2005, 11:03 PM
LR has a cool rig available now. I have seen them on billboards around town(burnt orange), but the local dealer hasn't been able to keep one in stock for me to see it.

Range Rover Sport I imagine???
Very nice! :toast:

PendO
10-06-2005, 11:07 PM
yeessh I'll take your Mom's car, thanks :rolleyes:

Escalade ... honestly though, if it were me I would rather have a new Expedition than the Escalade, the seating in the 3rd row is better, and the passenger windows go all of the way down. Plus the new 05's have the same engine as the Navigator without all of the BS ... comfort wise, the seats in the Caddy are 2nd to none.

Workin' 4 Toys
10-06-2005, 11:26 PM
Range Rover Sport I imagine???
Very nice! :toast:
Thats it. I am not a big fan of the Mondo rims, but a cool color on a cool looking truck. Almost the same color as the '05 H1 I have my eyes on down the street. I might have to sell some stuff if I go look at that again. But I am sure they aren't giving that LR away either.

shepherd
10-06-2005, 11:30 PM

"Powerstroke" ???? What is that, a new brand of hand lotion??? :rolleyes:

PendO
10-06-2005, 11:41 PM
"Powerstroke" ???? What is that, a new brand of hand lotion??? :rolleyes:

ahhh haha ... that's funny ... I take it you are joking, but if not it is the name of the Ford Diesel engine made by International Harvester Corp. ... DuraMax just sounds like one of those things you kept in your wallet in college.

erkoehler
10-07-2005, 12:30 AM
:( Dodge Durango :mad:

shepherd
10-07-2005, 08:47 AM
The Tahoe is a truck :mad:
It's on a truck chassis, has the truck engine, and tows like a truck.
We call it "the truck" at my house...

PointTaken
10-07-2005, 08:49 AM
Ford Expedition.

jraben8
10-07-2005, 09:04 AM
And another Expedition.

BrianM
10-07-2005, 09:07 AM
We have the 2000 Outback, Brian, 2.5 liter, probably getting 24 or 25 mpg. My wife loves it so much she now wants an '06.

BTW, around here (Seattle = home of tree hugging lesbians), the Forrester is their car of choice. The Outback seems to be more bisexual, although still tree huggers. :uglyhamme

Another note, my brother towed his 88 Prostar with his 98 Outback. He only lived about 10 or 15 blocks from the ramp & the car never missed a beat even though the boat weight was way over the car's limit.

Go drive an '06. The third generation is night and day different (but will still be very familiar) than the 2nd gen Outback. Better interior finishes and an overall higher quality feel and all around 5 star safety (did I mention the side impact and side curtain airbags?). My mom has a '98 with over 100k on it and it hasn't missed a beat. She bought it when she lived up in Seattle. I can't believe there are so few on the road around here considering how much rain we get. They are so sure footed with the awd.

oldschool84
10-07-2005, 10:11 AM
I was at the gas station the other day and had the truck hooked up to one pump and the 84 S&S hooked to another. A bill fifty goes fast these days :rant:

AirJunky
10-07-2005, 02:43 PM
........... They are so sure footed with the awd.
Ain't that the truth!! They go so well, their almost no fun to drive in the snow! At least with the Dodge I can go into 2wd, have a little fun, then go into 4wd when I'm in trouble or need to get serious! :dance:

M-Funf
10-07-2005, 04:37 PM
'97 Jeep GC...pulls the '76 just fine, and gets better mileage than both of my other cars... :cool:

Workin' 4 Toys
10-07-2005, 11:00 PM
Lots of Chevy's on the list so far. Nice work. I'm happy to see that!:D

ski_patrol_72
10-07-2005, 11:09 PM
I noticed that Dodge wasnt on the list, whats with that, lol.
To fill the boat and truck, its Alomost $200 Canadain. that hurts

Workin' 4 Toys
10-07-2005, 11:15 PM
I noticed that Dodge wasnt on the list, whats with that, lol.
To fill the boat and truck, its Alomost $200 Canadain. that hurts
They fit into the Other catagory(with its parent company Mercedez Benz and others). You'll find a some are shopping for a particular vehicle if you read back from the beginning.

BriEOD
10-08-2005, 07:02 AM

BriEOD
10-08-2005, 07:10 AM

BriEOD
10-08-2005, 07:11 AM

BriEOD
10-08-2005, 07:12 AM

BriEOD
10-08-2005, 07:12 AM

tommcat
10-08-2005, 08:07 AM
ford 7.3 for me, kinda helps that i'm a Ford diesel tech and repairs dont cost me anything :dance:

Ric
10-08-2005, 09:39 AM
2005 Ford F-150 King Ranch 4x4, mo-gas. You don't even know the boat is back there.

BTW, you Chevy guys did you know that the 05' Chevy got poor safety ratings? http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/testing/ncap/Index2.cfm
I'm not sure about other years, but this would concern me and I wouldn't buy a vehicle that wasn't 5 star safe. Conversely, the F-150 got 5 stars. So, while I've heard many of you say GM makes a better motor/drive train, I think my kids safety and well being is worth more to me than whether my transmission will make 100k miles or 200k. :twocents:
dam I forgot to look at safety ratings when I was shopping :rolleyes: I'm a bad parent now.
What if I just plain don't like fords Bri? Fixed too many when I was a kid. Your's looks good though.

BriEOD
10-08-2005, 10:10 AM

Ric
10-08-2005, 10:21 AM
Each is their own Ric. That's why I put the 2 cents up there. I think the Chevy styling is very plain and bland. I like the Fords and judging from the fact that the F-series is the #1 selling vehicle on the planet, most people agree with me.
I'll argue and jest about your brand vs mine all day but it's kindof a low blow bringing family into it.

I dont care about the numbers but I do get a kick out of ford always comparing numbers to one GM brand instead of GM trucks overall :vomit:

ski_king
10-08-2005, 10:26 AM
I'll argue and jest about your brand vs mine all day but it's kindof a low blow bringing family into it.

I dont care about the numbers but I do get a kick out of ford always comparing numbers to one GM brand instead of GM trucks overall :vomit:
But then again, Ford isnt counting the Mercurys or Lincolns.
If they did, that would increase there numbers by about 2000 or so.

Ric
10-08-2005, 10:27 AM
But then again, Ford isnt counting the Mercurys or Lincolns.
If they did, that would increase there numbers by about 2000 or so.
They make pickups?

ski_king
10-08-2005, 10:32 AM
Yep, and Mercurys were sold in Canada at one time

ski_king
10-08-2005, 10:34 AM
http://mercury-pickup.net/1967m2504x43web.gif

BriEOD
10-08-2005, 11:07 AM

MarkP
10-08-2005, 11:13 AM
..................Nice looking truck Bri!!

ski_king
10-08-2005, 11:15 AM
Very nice King Ranch Brian!

BriEOD
10-08-2005, 12:17 PM

6ballsisall
10-08-2005, 02:30 PM
Bri, that thing is NICE!! How long ago did you get it? Employee pricing?

milkmania
10-08-2005, 02:38 PM
2005 Ford F-150 King Ranch 4x4, mo-gas. You don't even know the boat is back there.

BTW, you Chevy guys did you know that the 05' Chevy got poor safety ratings? http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/testing/ncap/Index2.cfm
I'm not sure about other years, but this would concern me and I wouldn't buy a vehicle that wasn't 5 star safe. Conversely, the F-150 got 5 stars. So, while I've heard many of you say GM makes a better motor/drive train, I think my kids safety and well being is worth more to me than whether my transmission will make 100k miles or 200k. :twocents:

Very Nice Truck, Brian
not exactly my interest, but just the same, I'm proud for you:)

BriEOD
10-08-2005, 04:10 PM

MarkP
10-08-2005, 09:35 PM
Thanks guys.

I've been wanting a KR F-150 for quite awhile. A friend of mine got one of the first ones when they came out. I just thought it was awesome. I've been looking hard for about 6-8 months and the boss finally told me to pull the trigger. I thought about buying a used one as well. But, I tend to have my vehicles for a long time so we went new.

I bought some information and help from a company called Fighting Chance: http://www.fightingchance.com/ In a nut shell, they have all the MSRP and actual costs along with holdback and all sorts of info. For about $40 you can buy some good info and they help you get a good deal. I put a letter together with the info I bought and faxed it to the 15 nearest Ford Dealers (to the Fleet Manager) telling them what I wanted and what is should cost. Then I waited for them all to call me and played them agaisnt the other. I ended up getting my truck for $2500 under Employee Price (not including $3K in rebates). I also did all the negotiating over the phone. I paid for the truck, destination fee, tax, tag, title and nothing else. I also told the guy if I was in the dealership for more than 45 minutes the deal was off. I pulled up, shook his hand (he the fleet manager) and started my watch. We looked at the truck, went over some things, Carla wrote the check and we drove off 39 minutes later. No BS, 39 minutes in and out. Granted I didn't deal with the financing crap either. But, that's pretty good.

It's a white KR F-150 4x4. 5.4L Triton V8, tow package, skid plates, 3.73 limited slip, sun roof, audiophile 6 disc CD player, sun roof, electric sliding rear window, home link, back up sensor, bed extender, dual electric seats with heaters, elec folding mirrors ... basically everything but a DVD player (because it has a sun roof).

I think I got a really good deal. But, I did my homework and was patient. I also sold my Toyota myself and didn't get hosed on a trade. I'm real happy with the truck. It's comfortable and quiet.Show Off..

6ballsisall
10-08-2005, 10:24 PM
Good info on that site Brian. We are still trying to figure out what we are getting to replace my Durango. Old DC is taking their sweet time with the lemon law claim. :popcorn:

Car would be my smartest buy since I do 25k miles a year for biz but I just dont know if I can bring myself to drive a car. I have had a SUV or truck since after my first car (Lebaron) and enjoy the size and utility. The thing is I only need that utility about 20% of the time. Have thought about buying a car and then a used truck for the utility but hate to pay insurance on all three and store them. Decisions decisions decisions.....

bcampbe7
10-09-2005, 10:21 AM
Awesome truck Brian. Very nice! :cool:

BriEOD
10-09-2005, 02:17 PM

Ric
10-09-2005, 10:46 PM
I guess I don't understand your point. I wasn't stating an opinion, I was stating fact. A main concern when I bought my vehicle was safety and it's why I didn't buy a Chevy. The F-150 got 5 stars where the Chevy got marginal/moderate. It's not a low blow, it's a fact.
now wait, you say you weren't stating an opinion but you reminded me you put up the two cents sign, so which is it?

My point is for you to imply you're a better parent or person because you are a dad who bought a f'd is a low blow... And quite frankly, silly. If you really went out looking for the safest vehicle on the road for your family, you'd have come home with a volvo :eek:

You mentioned the safety rating from some gov agency is why you didnt buy a chevy? I say BS, you are a ford man, you said you've been wanting one for some time. It's ok I can't stand coors light either :uglyhamme but I dont care if you drink it.

But safety is why you bought the king ranch ford??? uh uh :rolleyes:

6ballsisall
10-09-2005, 10:57 PM
If I was in your situation I would seriously think about one of those new Tacomas. Toyotas run along time and granted, it's not full size but plenty to pull your boat. :twocents:

Well we looked at the new Taco tonight. Too Small with a carseat in the back. I do like the Tundra alot though. Kinda got it narrowed down to a Tundra or an F150. Both are nice trucks. For somereason I have the Tundra being a step above though, I think it has to do with the heritage. I don't know, it may come down to who has the best deal at the time.

BriEOD
10-10-2005, 08:28 AM

Leroy
10-10-2005, 09:04 AM
Ford-Chevy poll and it took 74 posts to get here? WOW, I expected this out of the gate.

Note to self, politics, religion and type of truck....don't talk about. ;)

How about those Colts, only 5-0 team!

sizzler
10-10-2005, 09:08 AM
can i chip in with ......i have a toyota as all the american trucks are not as reliable......... ;) :twocents:

please note the 2cents as i believe its like crossing my fingers ;)

PointTaken
10-10-2005, 09:38 AM
How about those Colts, only 5-0 team!
Obviously its because the linemen drive Fords. They have a better safety rating :uglyhamme

bigmac
10-10-2005, 09:55 AM
can i chip in with ......i have a toyota as all the american trucks are not as reliable......... ;) :twocents:

I think it's generally true that Toyotas are more reliable than any US-made truck, but this difference is less of an issue if we're talking about around-town and highway driving compared to heavy commercial use or rough service.

I do a lot of work down in the back country of Haiti. Reliable vehicles are important in that area but vehicle maintenance is difficult, gasoline quality is marginal, and every single road in the country is unbelievable. The organization I work with has tried donated American vehicles many times over the years but they simply do not stand up. Engine/transmission failures and suspension disasters are routine with those GMCs, Fords, and Jeeps, but the Toyotas and Mitusbishi's just run forever and take incredible abuse.

sizzler
10-10-2005, 10:00 AM
i was just tossing a bone into the fray chaps.........

the yankee trucks look great,,but they are too big for our roads and only come in LHD........they are too much of a gas-guzzler for the price of petrol over here

Ric
10-10-2005, 10:40 AM
Yeah I put 2 cents because it's what I thought/did based on the FACTs. I don't know you, or how you treat your kids and frankly it's none of my buisness, nor do I care. No, it wasn't the sole reason I bought the truck but it was a major part of the decision making process. BTW, you can say BS all you want. You don't know me or my wife or our values/decision making processes so for you to open your mouth and be critical of it is ridiculous - so save it for someone who cares. You drive whatever you want I don't give a f'ck. I guess I can't chime in here but it's ok for you guys to talk about how much better this and that is with a GM. Don't worry I won't do it again, obviously my posts aren't as valuable as yours. :rolleyes: :mad:
I don't get the last couple of lines of your latest post but I hope they were beer induced. You took the shot...A shot at me (a "chevy guy") BTW, you Chevy guys did you know that the 05' Chevy got poor safety ratings?

Let me reiterate, I'll argue trucks all day but your statements were clintonesque and yes, silly. It reads like you bought a king ranch ford "for the children". :purplaugh
I call BS when I see it, I don't know you, I just read your comments.
A main concern when I bought my vehicle was safety and it's why I didn't buy a Chevy. The F-150 got 5 stars where the Chevy got marginal/moderate. It's not a low blow, it's a fact.

Bri, my bet is you never looked at a GM other than on a research list somewhere? Mainly because GM's not what you were looking for. Did you go drive the Dodge? Toyota? Who knows, as you said, I don't know you.

Just to be clear, I am opening my mouth (or my computer) and being critical of ONLY your comments implying that you're somehow a better parent for buying a f'd. You're not. I'll pick that one apart every time.
Anybody see's me doing that better slam me too because it's senseless Brian.

AND, you didn't even thank me for posting that your truck looks good.
now where did I put those curb feelers I bought for my chiiivvy?

Ric
10-10-2005, 10:42 AM
i was just tossing a bone into the fray chaps.........

the yankee trucks look great,,but they are too big for our roads and only come in LHD........they are too much of a gas-guzzler for the price of petrol over here
haaaaaaaaa
you drive on the wrong side of the road anyway!

Ric
10-10-2005, 10:45 AM
Good God, it's 32/16 Chevy Gas to Ford Gas!
Ok, how many of you poll responders clicked chevy when you actually drive a GMC?

Or did you choose "other"?

Ryan
10-10-2005, 12:01 PM
Let's pause for an intermission.

Any thoughts on the 07 Tahoe/Yukon/Suburbans?

Ryan
10-10-2005, 12:01 PM
Tahoe LTZ .

Ryan
10-10-2005, 12:03 PM
See more (http://info.detnews.com/photogalleries/autoshowgallery.cfm?action=2007models) . I can't find any real (no camouflage) pics of the new Expedition yet.

skeeler
10-10-2005, 12:16 PM
My ride.....04' Expo on Deuce Deuces

Ryan
10-10-2005, 12:16 PM
Here's something for the Ford lovers too.

07 F-350 (http://www.edmunds.com/future/2007/ford/f250f350/100491426/photos.html#)
07 Everest (aka extended Expedition) (http://www.edmunds.com/future/2007/ford/everest/100553263/preview.html)

jmyers
10-10-2005, 12:34 PM

I don't like them! :( They are going to round in the body style for me, They are all looking alike. Oh and by the way I am still looking for a truck! Car dealers SUCK!! :moon: I was offered $6000 on my "02" Jeep Liberty Sport with only 32k miles on it, and in perfect condition!! and 39,000+Tax and license on a "04" Chevy LS duramax crew cab!! When I had another dealer at $43,000 out the door for an "06" with more options!! I hate truck shopping!!! :mad:

Ric
10-10-2005, 01:27 PM

At first glance I dont like it

Ric
10-10-2005, 01:30 PM
I don't like them! :( They are going to round in the body style for me, They are all looking alike. Oh and by the way I am still looking for a truck! Car dealers SUCK!! :moon: I was offered $6000 on my "02" Jeep Liberty Sport with only 32k miles on it, and in perfect condition!! and 39,000+Tax and license on a "04" Chevy LS duramax crew cab!! When I had another dealer at $43,000 out the door for an "06" with more options!! I hate truck shopping!!! :mad:
dont know if this helps you myers but what I did was bring a guy to the dealership who agreed to buy my 02 truck for 17000 (bargain for him) but he had to buy it FROM my dealer
I did like Bri and worked it up over the phone so no surprises when we walked in
told the dealer I had a buyer for my trade and he agreed to sell it to the buyer for my price so he could sell me the new one.
this saved me a ton of taxes and ultimately paid me more than dealer would ever offer on tradein.
these times of employee pricing and zero financing etc have killed the tradein values

SkiDog
10-10-2005, 01:52 PM
2005 GMC Duramax deisel crew cab! 17.4 around town, 14.7 @ 75mph pulling an 03 X-30. Can't do much better than that!

Workin' 4 Toys
10-11-2005, 12:55 AM
can i chip in with ......i have a toyota as all the american trucks are not as reliable.........

I DID NOT OWN a toyota truck. I mearly drove it for someone. If I recall it was a 95 or 96. This was within the 3 year 50,000 mile lease. Dash gauges melted (electrical major malfunction), clutch twice, brakes twice, engine knock/chatter, and a broken rear spring. All these service repairs were done by the dealer. It was NOT abused, it was highway miles 50%, city 50%. I do not know where this more/less reliability comes from. I have heard equal if not more complaints from the toys than domestic. I guess maybe there is this misconception because of the number of them on the road. Whatever. It is what it is.;) my:twocents:

Workin' 4 Toys
10-11-2005, 01:00 AM
Newest technology is not always the best. Sometimes they try so hard to be ahead of themselves and everyone else, it backfires.
Take a look at he 03 powerstrokes. Too much, too fast, not enough testing.
The 04 is tried and true. I am not a fan of the susp. systems, but they work. Not for me, but they work. I assure you, there is room to work on those numbers. The dealer certainly won't be wondering where their next meal is coming from with those "deals"

Workin' 4 Toys
10-11-2005, 01:01 AM
2005 GMC Duramax deisel crew cab! 17.4 around town, 14.7 @ 75mph pulling an 03 X-30. Can't do much better than that!
Nice truck. Too quiet, and not enough smoke for me...;)

jmyers
10-11-2005, 01:35 PM
Newest technology is not always the best. Sometimes they try so hard to be ahead of themselves and everyone else, it backfires.
The 04 is tried and true. I am not a fan of the susp. systems, but they work. Not for me, but they work. I assure you, there is room to work on those numbers. The dealer certainly won't be wondering where their next meal is coming from with those "deals"
They had someone come in and buy the truck I was working with, and they got real cocky!!! When I was trying to beat them down and wouldn't budge on the price because they had another buyer there even after I had them bring the truck out in the morning before it was even ready to sell!! And I told them to frorget it, well guess what, the people's finance didn't go through and they are calling me, with what can we do for you!!! I need to know what to offer for an "04" Duramax chevy LS crew cab with 20,000 miles!! What do you guys think? Now I have the upper hand!!

Ric
10-11-2005, 01:41 PM
They had someone come in and buy the truck I was working with, and they got real cocky!!! When I was trying to beat them down and wouldn't budge on the price because they had another buyer there even after I had them bring the truck out in the morning before it was even ready to sell!! And I told them to frorget it, well guess what, the people's finance didn't go through and they are calling me, with what can we do for you!!! I need to know what to offer for an "04" Duramax chevy LS crew cab with 20,000 miles!! What do you guys think? Now I have the upper hand!!
I'm guessing anywhere between 24-30 would buy it, depending on condition inside and out. (they probably gave about 18-20k tradein (est))

ps(add a tiny bit for 4x4 and any extras above an LS package)

bigmac
10-11-2005, 01:43 PM

IMHO, you can do a LOT better than that by adding a Hypertech Power Programmer (http://www.racepages.com/brands/buy.php?part_name=power_programmer&brand=hypertech&make=gmc&model=pick_up_full_size&year=2005) . I have a friend that put one in - it made an AMAZING difference in the performance of his Duramax.

6ballsisall
10-11-2005, 01:48 PM
Hey workin, interesting you brought up the 6.0's I met the guy (Matt Snow) who developed the injectors originally for that motor per Fords application specs. Funny enough, good ole Ford took his injector and totally redid it (after paying him handsomely) theres the story of the 6.0l faux paus (sp) I saw all the data and research first hand along with some of the test engines with his injector design. No problems with those motors. Anywho, no reason for the post, just keeping conversation goin

Forgot to add, those test motors had about 10,000 hours on them all under load dynos. Talk about abuse!! Funny enough, his injector design was more fuel effecient and dyno tests showed substantially higher HP & TQ #'s :popcorn:

6ballsisall
10-11-2005, 01:49 PM
IMHO, you can do a LOT better than that by adding a Hypertech Power Programmer (http://www.racepages.com/brands/buy.php?part_name=power_programmer&brand=hypertech&make=gmc&model=pick_up_full_size&year=2005) . I have a friend that put one in - it made an AMAZING difference in the performance of his Duramax.

Ah c'mon!! By a REAL Diesel programmer :D Lots of guys like the Edge Attitude for the Maxipad

bigmac
10-11-2005, 01:58 PM
Ah c'mon!! By a REAL Diesel programmer :D Lots of guys like the Edge Attitude for the MaxipadIt looks cool, but I know nothing about it.

I've used the Hypertech to reprogram my Denali, and my son has reprogrammed his Silverado. Those changes were impressive on those two trucks, but REALLY amazing on diesels.

jmyers
10-11-2005, 02:18 PM
I'm guessing anywhere between 24-30 would buy it, depending on condition inside and out. (they probably gave about 18-20k tradein (est))

ps(add a tiny bit for 4x4 and any extras above an LS package)
Pretty much an LS model with 4x4 white! They said it sold for $38,000 to the people that tried to buy it!! I saw an "03" loaded and 4inch lift a bunch of extras for $28,000 with 62,000 miles on it, private sale!! So I am using that for a guideline on the "04" What do you think 1 year newer and basically an LS model with 20,000 miles would be?

X2M
10-11-2005, 02:48 PM
J-

If you go to the Kelly Blue Book site you can get the retail or private party value of a used vehicle. Hope this helps. Dealing with car salesmen really sucks. We just bought a new VW GTI and walked out of one dealership because the guy was such a jerk and went to another out of our area. I hate that process, it makes me ill.
:)

Kelly Blue Book (www.kbb.com)

pilot02
10-11-2005, 02:54 PM
94 F-150 4.9L 6cyl with 214k on it at present. Would like to upgrade to the F-250 Crewcab with the powerstroke but still mulling that one.

mitch
10-11-2005, 03:02 PM
94 F-150 4.9L 6cyl with 214k on it at present. Would like to upgrade to the F-250 Crewcab with the powerstroke but still mulling that one.

Griff, Is that the same truck you had when I visited, what 4 years ago now? That's great!

6ballsisall
10-11-2005, 03:21 PM
Wow Griff!! I didn't realize that was a 4.9l!!! Now I know what you mean but the truck huffin and puffin over the smokies on the way to Cumberland

Glad to see it's serving you well!

6ballsisall
10-11-2005, 03:22 PM
Pretty much an LS model with 4x4 white! They said it sold for $38,000 to the people that tried to buy it!! I saw an "03" loaded and 4inch lift a bunch of extras for $28,000 with 62,000 miles on it, private sale!! So I am using that for a guideline on the "04" What do you think 1 year newer and basically an LS model with 20,000 miles would be?

Use KBB when you are trading in your vehicle as ammo with the dealer. Use NADA when you want to buy something. KBB seems to have slightly higher valuations than NADA from my experience.

jsonova99
10-11-2005, 03:24 PM
2000 Land Rover Discovery Series 2.

4.0 liter V8 pulls the boat with no problems, although between the boat and the truck, I have to work overtime to go to the lake on weekends. :D

jmyers
10-11-2005, 03:39 PM
Ok, now an "05" LS 9000 miles for 37,900 in perfect condition from a dealer! Getting better! :D

Ric
10-11-2005, 05:43 PM
ya I dont think I'd go that hi on an 04 in late 05 with 20k miles
I think I saw an 06 dmax ls at the dealer the other evening for 43 sticker without 4x4

still thinking not more than 30or so "drive out" with 4x4 if it's in nice shape

6ballsisall
10-11-2005, 06:10 PM
Let's see if this works! Sitting at the airport waiting for a late plane. This message was typed on my blackberry. Hey Ric, if this works I am taking back my position. Sorry for the threadjaxk!!

6ballsisall
10-11-2005, 06:15 PM
It worked!!! Easty, its all over brutha!!

jmyers
10-11-2005, 06:40 PM
Let's see if this works! Sitting at the airport waiting for a late plane. This message was typed on my blackberry. Hey Ric, if this works I am taking back my position. Sorry for the threadjaxk!!
That's ok on the threadjack, I am going to the airport bound for Vegas right now! :dance: But I don't have a blackberry!! :(

6ballsisall
10-11-2005, 09:15 PM
That's ok on the threadjack, I am going to the airport bound for Vegas right now! :dance: But I don't have a blackberry!! :(

Have fun in Viva Lost Wages!! Win big so you can buy that new truck!!

6ballsisall
10-11-2005, 09:38 PM
jm, for reference here's a very clean rig. It is an 03' and your lookin at 04's but this one is loaded to the hilt with low miles. I'd bet the pink slip on my Durango that a guy could buy this truck for $27,500. Hopefully thats a good reference on where things are at with this type of truck

http://autolivery.com/inventory/1GTHK23143F163166.htm

MarkP
10-11-2005, 10:30 PM
Hey do I click “other” on this poll or is the GMC considered a Chevy??

Workin' 4 Toys
10-11-2005, 11:22 PM
Hey do I click “other” on this poll or is the GMC considered a Chevy??

Technically its other. But by the numbers Id bet there were some GMCs on the chevy vote.;)

erkoehler
10-11-2005, 11:42 PM

UM??? What did I miss?

Workin' 4 Toys
10-11-2005, 11:45 PM
UM??? What did I miss?
He found a way to post through his blackberry. I gather......:confused:

MarkP
10-11-2005, 11:46 PM
Ok..

I'm in with a Chevy/Gmc.

That makes me a Chevy guy:eek:

Leroy
10-11-2005, 11:59 PM
Noooo, the crackberry poster at work!

Ric
10-12-2005, 12:15 AM
oh well!!!! It was fun while it lasted :D

6ballsisall
10-12-2005, 12:17 AM
Noooo, the crackberry poster at work!

I was surprised it worked. It won't be something I do on a regular basis as the site is not "friendly" to viewing on a 3" screen :rolleyes:

Kinda neat to see the crackberry do something else besides send me tons of emails and phone calls

Leroy
10-12-2005, 12:27 AM
That's another reason why the users always look like addicts hunched over that little thing with their face 4 inches from the screen!

Wish I had one....

I was surprised it worked. It won't be something I do on a regular basis as the site is not "friendly" to viewing on a 3" screen :rolleyes:

Kinda neat to see the crackberry do something else besides send me tons of emails and phone calls

6ballsisall
10-12-2005, 12:31 AM
That's another reason why the users always look like addicts hunched over that little thing with their face 4 inches from the screen!

Wish I had one....

Yeah, there are a great "dogleash" for companies. Unlike phone calls on your cell (nonstop) somehow users enjoy the email thing from the Blackberry. Our company calls them the crackberry for good reason

Workin' 4 Toys
10-12-2005, 09:48 AM

Nice thread jack fellas!! Do I see a crackberry tread in the near future? Now, back to truck shopping...

jlf
10-12-2005, 10:55 AM
'05 Chevy Alalanche for me, although I am considering selling it and getting a Hummer SUT.

Workin' 4 Toys
10-12-2005, 11:08 AM
'05 Chevy Alalanche for me, although I am considering selling it and getting a Hummer SUT.
My wife says that when she is done with the Yukon, she wants an Avalanche. I told her, by the time the 2004 Yukon is done, avalanches will be a memory.:)
The sut is like the H2 but in pickup form right? Which essentially is what you have already. Is there something in particular you like about the SUT?

Leroy
10-12-2005, 11:09 AM
Sorry, none of the above for me, well maybe other.

Nice thread jack fellas!! Do I see a crackberry tread in the near future? Now, back to truck shopping...

djhuff
10-12-2005, 12:17 PM
I'm quite PO'd now. I was all set to go and buy an '06 F250 either Sport or King Ranch. Now I see that it is being re deisgned for '07. I'm in a real dilemma here. I keep trucks forever, and I don't think my last purchase will make it through another summer of pulling the boat around (well, it probably will, but I am set on a new truck now, 12 yrs and 215K miles and things start rattling a little more). And I really don't want to buy a truck that is "the old one" in 1 freaking year.

Footin
10-12-2005, 01:04 PM
Keep in mind that with the redesign for 07 that these will probably be out in late spring/early summer of 06.

Workin' 4 Toys
10-12-2005, 04:16 PM
I am not a big fan of jumping on a first year release. Just my 2 cents. Go with the tried and true.
Are you getting Diesel?
Let me tell you, When I ordered my 250, I was thinking exactly the same thing. The body stayed the same from 02 to 03, but the 03 had the new 6.0. Wow, they said better fuel, more hp, more tq. What they failed to tell was how many more problems they were going to have. I am certainly glad I did not wait.
Keep it in mind.

jmyers
10-17-2005, 01:02 PM
Ok, so I changed gears!! BMW 325I instead, My wife has always wanted one so for her birthday, and our anniversary I got a BMW. Now I will look around for a Duramax diesel to trade the Tahoe in for! After driving a Sebring in Vegas and getting something called gas milege I decided to get a car first being that we drive 80 miles a day!!!

Workin' 4 Toys
10-21-2005, 09:53 AM
Ok, so I changed gears!! BMW 325I instead, My wife has always wanted one so for her birthday, and our anniversary I got a BMW. Now I will look around for a Duramax diesel to trade the Tahoe in for! After driving a Sebring in Vegas and getting something called gas milege I decided to get a car first being that we drive 80 miles a day!!!
How about some pics?

jmyers
10-25-2005, 01:49 PM
How about some pics?
Sorry, I was out of town fishing!! I will snap a couple of shots today, and try to post them Wed, or Thurs. :D

M-Funf
10-25-2005, 01:57 PM
Ok, so I changed gears!! BMW 325I instead, My wife has always wanted one so for her birthday, and our anniversary I got a BMW.

:dance: :toast:

jmyers
11-03-2005, 05:38 PM
How about some pics?
Here you go finally, It's only been a month!!

flipper
02-17-2006, 07:57 PM
Dodge diesel for me. On my second one and love them!

Mi.mc
06-09-2006, 10:26 PM
'49 farmall tractor for me! 13 hp of pulling power! wooohooo!

Mi.mc
06-09-2006, 10:26 PM
'49 farmall tractor for me! 13 hp of pulling power! wooohooo!

did i forget to mention the snowplow?!