PDA

View Full Version : here's another computer customer of mine

milkmania
10-06-2005, 12:22 PM
I went last night to check on Paul & Joyce at the hospital...

but this aggrivates me!

http://www.swtimes.com/content/articles/2005/10/06/news/news07.jpg

Head-On Collision Sends Six People To Hospital

By Dale DeWoody
Thursday, October 6, 2005 9:24 AM CDT
TIMES RECORD DDEWOODY@SWTIMES.COM

A head-on collision Wednesday in Fort Smith sent six people to the hospital, authorities said.

Collin F. Gioja, 21, of Lawton, Okla., was driving his Datsun 300ZX eastbound on Phoenix Avenue around 9:30 a.m. Wednesday. Witnesses said Gioja appeared to be racing a motorcycle from the Leigh Avenue on-ramp, according to a police report.

Gioja changed to the right lane to pass a vehicle. He struck the curb and drove onto the grass, the report states.

Gioja then swerved left across four lanes of traffic and struck a Pontiac Bonneville head-on, pinning himself and passengers in the Bonneville inside the vehicles, the report states.

The Jaws of Life were used to free people from the wreck, the report states.

Gioja and his passenger, Carolyn Upton, 18, of Poteau, were transported to hospitals. Upton was treated and released, and Gioja was listed in serious condition Wednesday night at St. Edward Mercy Medical Center. They were both wearing their seat belts.

The driver of the Bonneville, Warren Swindell, 75, of Cameron and passengers, Paul Tankersley, 74, Joyce Tankersley, 73, and Norma Swindell, 75, all of Cameron, were taken to St. Edward Mercy Medical Center.

Warren Swindell and Joyce Tankersley were listed in fair condition later Wednesday. Norma Swindell and Paul Tankersley were listed in serious condition. They were all wearing seat belts.

Police are still investigating the accident, and no one has been cited with a ticket at this time.

Joyce has a broken neck (riding behind driver)
Paul has a broken pelvis, broken collarbone, broken hip, broken ribs, and severly bruised lungs (front seat passenger)

I don't know Mr. And Mrs. Swindell, but I do know they own the Renyolds Castle here in Cameron. I didn't get the full details of their injuries, but it's said his are the worse of any in that accident. (He's shown in the seat)

Reynolds Castle (http://www.dupontcastle.com/castles/captains.htm)

LakePirate
10-06-2005, 12:41 PM
Holy Cow. I hope that everyone is alright and gets to feeling better soon.

milkmania
10-06-2005, 12:46 PM
Holy Cow. I hope that everyone is alright and gets to feeling better soon.

Paul & Joyce are the nicest people you'll meet.....
their grandaughter was my kids 1st. grade teacher, their daughter was our vet, till she moved to Houston. The yellow 31 Ford in other thread is a family relative.

It just frustrates me, and I know some of the younger family members wanted to go in the 21 year old driver's room and start crap, but cooler heads prevailed.

Thrall
10-06-2005, 12:48 PM
My prayers go out to those injured in the accident, especially the people in the Bonneville (the victims). Darn lucky noone was killed.
I was involved in a head on collision where my best friend and his fiance were killed by a drunk driver going the wrong way down a divided highway. Drunk driver was killed too.
I was following right behind them in a loaded 26' box van. Totaled the van as well. I hit the drunk driver again moments after he collided w/ my friends pickup.
Wasn't pretty.

milkmania
10-06-2005, 12:50 PM
My prayers go out to those injured in the accident, especially the people in the Bonneville (the victims). Darn lucky noone was killed.
I was involved in a head on collision where my best friend and his fiance were killed by a drunk driver going the wrong way down a divided highway. Drunk driver was killed too.
I was following right behind them in a loaded 26' box van. Totaled the van as well. I hit the drunk driver again moments after he collided w/ my friends pickup.
Wasn't pretty.

one word

WOW!

I don't have anything else to say that can top that

bcampbe7
10-06-2005, 12:59 PM
Sorry to hear this Milk. It appears it was a miracle that everyone survived.
I pray that everyone will be OK!

Was that photo in the paper?!? The gentleman driving the Bonneville is stll in there!

jimmer2880
10-06-2005, 02:44 PM
I'm sorry - but Racers & Drunk Drivers should get 1 & only 1 chance (loose license for a while though). 2nd one gives them attempted murder charges.

Unbelieveable.

Hope everyone gets fixed up soon. My thoughts & prayers to your friends.

ski_king
10-06-2005, 03:42 PM
Was that photo in the paper?!? The gentleman driving the Bonneville is stll in there!

I hope everybody recovers soon and the driver of the 300ZX pays his dues dearly.

That does suck that the paper published that photo. When I was an emt, we had our way of handling the press that got too close to an accident scene. It usually resulted in a wet reporter and a wetter camera.

milkmania
10-06-2005, 04:24 PM
yes, Mr. Swindell's picture was in the paper....just like it is here

just picked up my kids, and I'm going to head back up there soon.... it sounds like Joyce is going to get a Halo instead of surgery at this point

if she has to have surgery after 3 months of the halo, they're going to have to fuse vertibrae C-2, 3, and 4 together.....leaving her with approx. 40% neck mobility
so they're want to try this first.

Paul was still in ICU, and I'll visit that section this afternoon

milkmania
04-01-2006, 10:57 AM
http://www.conniewiserealestate.com/images/castle%20024.jpg

well, they're selling the castle:(

http://www.conniewiserealestate.com/listing046.htm

They say a man's home is his castle, this castle can be yours. Registered with the Oklahoma Historical Society and the National Register of Historical places as Reynolds Castle, Cameron OK. This unique home was built in the 1890's with rock walls 2ft. thick, and native rock turrets which accent the roofline with an octagon shaped tower.

This one of a kind Castle sits on 10 acres of beautifully manicured property. When you enter through the electronic iron gated entrance it is like entering into your Camelot. This property is located atop a hill between Poteau, OK and Fort Smith, AR in Southeastern Oklahoma.

The couple who have it for sale have lived on the property for the past 12 years and lovingly restored the castle and the grounds to the pristine condition, from the beautiful woodwork to the original hard wood floors. The castle has 3700 sgft. of living space which includes a wonderful up to date kitchen & utility room with a large walk in pantry, formal living and dinning rooms and also includes a family room, four bedrooms and four baths with 3 gas fireplaces with coal boxes and one wood burning fireplace.