Terrell
06-16-2013, 09:28 PM
My engine starts and then shuts down. It has a 350 Indmar with EFI
Any thoughts?

Cloaked
06-16-2013, 09:50 PM
Any thoughts?
I'd say about $10,500, more if you get it running. If not, then less for a bad engine...

Tristarboarder
06-16-2013, 11:19 PM
Funny..... :D

88 PS190
06-17-2013, 12:15 AM
List it as "older tune up"

Table Rocker
06-17-2013, 12:17 AM
Any thoughts?I would start by checking the fuel pressure.

Terrell
06-25-2013, 08:56 PM
You guys are too funny. Absolutely no help, but funny.

Cloaked
06-25-2013, 09:43 PM
You guys are too funny. Absolutely no help, but funny.
You posted a repair question in the "What is this Boat Worth?" forum.... With that problem, that's about what it is worth... :D

dammit boy! :D thanks for being a good sport....

mikeg205
06-26-2013, 10:02 AM
Quick look - I have the same boat. Take the spark arrestor of and start her up...watch the gas flow - see if the fuel supply stops.

#1 - when was fuel filter changed last?
#2 - no filter in fuel tank so when was screen in fuel pump clean last?

This really sounds from your short description as a fuel supply issue.. but I would start here...IMO

towelshoot
06-26-2013, 11:54 AM
Mine is fuel injected and am having trouble just doing the turn key and keeping it running without giving gas - which I have never had to do in the past. After researching this site, I very much believe it is the Idle Air Control on the throttle body.

You didn't specify if you could keep your's running by giving gas or not, but mine is also the 350 (LT1 on mine) and 1995.

mikeg205
06-26-2013, 12:10 PM
Okay on LT-1 you have multiport fuel injection. I would check as mentioned before fuel filter and screen on fuel pump.

How many hours on engine?

André
06-26-2013, 12:26 PM
Mine is fuel injected and am having trouble just doing the turn key and keeping it running without giving gas - which I have never had to do in the past. After researching this site, I very much believe it is the Idle Air Control on the throttle body.

You didn't specify if you could keep your's running by giving gas or not, but mine is also the 350 (LT1 on mine) and 1995.

That could be a bad engine coolant temp sensor.Does it happen only when cold:confused:

towelshoot
06-26-2013, 01:52 PM
Well in my case I have good reason to check the IAC, but I have checked both the fuel and the coolant temp sensor too - which both appear good. The IAC is easy to access and check from what I have read. I am doing this tonight.

towelshoot
06-27-2013, 12:04 PM
I pulled off the IAC, and it was definetly dirty. Could probably just clean it, but cleaner is about $11 - and according to Advance Auto, they have the part for $36. Not sure yet if it is a perfect match. I looked it up on the internet and it sure looks the same though. Keeping my fingers crossed that this was my only issue. Should know tomorrow.

André
06-27-2013, 12:08 PM
I pulled off the IAC, and it was definetly dirty. Could probably just clean it, but cleaner is about $11 - and according to Advance Auto, they have the part for $36. Not sure yet if it is a perfect match. I looked it up on the internet and it sure looks the same though. Keeping my fingers crossed that this was my only issue. Should know tomorrow.

Watch out for the connecting side of a carparts replacement.The one i got from NAPA was different and the wires couldn t reach for connection.
If it fit,please let me know the part number.
Thanks.

Edit:Here the right one from Skidim.
http://www.skidim.com/prodinfo.asp?number=R084002

towelshoot
06-27-2013, 12:46 PM
Will do. I am taking my part with me - so thanks for the head's up. Skidim has it, but they want $181. They are great for some things, but man when it comes to parts that are universal between marine and auto - huge differences. I just replaced my circulating water pump (not the raw water pump) for $140 brand new - marine places like Skidim wanted $510 for the exact same thing. It pays to do some research.

towelshoot
06-28-2013, 11:53 AM
Replaced the IAC - Got it for $33 at Advance. The wiring attachment was shifted about 30 degrees compared to the original. Sorry I forgot to get the part number though. I'll post that later.

Worked perfect. Turn key and start again from cold start. Settles into perfect idle after about a minute of warming up. I could tell mine was bad when I pulled it out as the pin was sticking all the way out rather than back - meaning closed versus open I guess.