PDA

View Full Version : Seaworthy

Dominic Magdalena
09-05-2004, 04:39 AM
Hi Every One, i am a new member to your site. i am looking to buy a mastercraft Maristar 225 VRS. could you please advice me if such a boat is seaworthy? how would it cope in a slightly choppy sea? your advice would be much apreciated. Thanx

Leroy
09-05-2004, 09:09 AM
Hello Dominic;
Welcome to the board! I have a 2001 230VRS (22.5 ft) and not sure of your definition of slight chop, but my lake has at least 3' wakes from big boats and generally handles well as long as you keep moving. Not as good as the deep V's, but still good. Keep it on plane and you're ok, I did scoop up some water once just slowly moving.

Dominic Magdalena
09-06-2004, 04:44 AM
Hello Dominic;
Welcome to the board! I have a 2001 230VRS (22.5 ft) and not sure of your definition of slight chop, but my lake has at least 3' wakes from big boats and generally handles well as long as you keep moving. Not as good as the deep V's, but still good. Keep it on plane and you're ok, I did scoop up some water once just slowly moving.
Hi Leroy, Thancks for your reply, do you know if Mastercraft have aany Deep V hulls?

Leroy
09-06-2004, 08:05 AM
Dominic;
The Maristars are as deep V as Mastercraft has. The new 28' one would be the most seaworthy. Depends on the other things you want to do with your boat. What do you want to do with your boat? You should test drive one and see.

Smitty
09-06-2004, 12:35 PM
Check out the 2005 Maristar line-up. Both the 280 and the new 245 come saltwater ready. Crusader engines with salt resistant hardware. The 280 has a twin engine option and would be better for rough water. I would assume the new 245 would be just as sea worthy. Test drive before you buy.