PDA

View Full Version : Nonskid paint instead of replacing carpet

mleepowers
06-11-2013, 11:23 AM
Has anyone done this? I was looking at KiwiGrip to paint the floors of my 97 ProStar 205 instead of replacing the worn carpet. I hate how the carpet holds moisture and it is looking pretty rough.
Thanks
Michael

CruisinGA
06-11-2013, 11:24 AM
I would be looking at something like Seadek, Hydroturf or the new "dekadence" flooring way before nonskid paint.

drschemel
06-11-2013, 11:45 AM
I guess you could try spray-on bedliner but seems like that or the nonslip pain would get really hot out in the sun. Hydroturf would work well but would be hard to make looks good because of the seams. New carpet really feels good under foot!

chriscraftmatt1976
06-11-2013, 12:43 PM
glue in vinyl flooring and get snap in carpet made. i did it to my pontoon (it's an option on the newer ones) and it was awesome. new carpet whenever you want and easy to clean.

88 PS190
06-11-2013, 02:17 PM
Carpet is somewhat useful for protecting your boards/skis/gear as well.

If the carpet was stripped I would consider something like that product, then a snap in carpet runner - would be really nice for cleaning.

NWMike
06-12-2013, 01:29 AM
I have ordered some Hydroturf sheets and was thinking of doing something similar on my other boat. Not sure what to expect if it's really hard rubber or something that would be comfortable to walk on.

CruisinGA
06-12-2013, 07:48 AM
Hydroturf is good stuff, durable, lots of traction.

That said, a single layer is not that "cushiony." On my stand up jetskis I add a cushion layer between the footwell and the top layer of "traction" hydroturf so that it has some give. Otherwise it is a little uncomfortable when jumping.