PDA

View Full Version : New swim platform mat doesn't fit on X2

avorob
06-10-2013, 09:46 PM
All,

The dealer whom I bought my X2 06' sent me a new mat for the swim platform. The mat looks authentic with mastercraft logo (see attachment) but turned out to be approximately 3/4 shorter on each side and doesn't fit properly in between hand notches. I was wandering if there is more then one dimension for swim platform or possibly the mat could be stretched before the install.

I wanted to gain some knowledge before I go back to the dealer. Plus, it took me a year to get to the mat install as the fiberglass had to be repaired first.

Thx for the heads up.

sand2snow22
06-10-2013, 10:38 PM
That fits. I've replaced several. Move it to the left (in the picture). It's not centered. Center the pad and take another picture. Yes, it's a bit shorter all around but way better than stock for 2006 and way better than what they currently offer. Sea Deck you have doesn't get as dirty!

avorob
06-10-2013, 11:56 PM
The main problem is that the mat on the outer part of right ad left handle comes outside the mat indent. should it just trim it?

Another issue that I'm trying to solve, beside messing up rounding in the gel coat of carpet indent with glue stripper is that I went through gel coat while fixing gouges. I spray painted with rostoleum paint that started to bubble on the second coat. Is it OK to paint fiberglass? Grrrr. Got unnecessary project on my hands.

jgraham37128
06-11-2013, 07:52 AM
I've done one too. This one will fit you will start in the middle and work your way out. You think it's 3/4 inch too small but by the time you get to the edge it will be perfect. You will stretch it along the way.

jgraham37128
06-11-2013, 07:59 AM
The main problem is that the mat on the outer part of right ad left handle comes outside the mat intent. should it just trim it?

Another issue that I'm trying to solve, beside messing up rounding in the gel coat of carpet indent with glue stripper is that I went through gel coat while fixing gouges. I spray painted with rostoleum paint that started to bubble on the second coat. Is it OK to paint fiberglass? Grrrr. Got unnecessary project on my hands.

Just get a sander and sand it all off. It doesn't matter what it looks like anyway it's going to be covered plus ruffing it up will help it to stick.

Again, cut out a inch line on the back right dead center. Get two or three people to help one on each side and you in the middle. Place the center down and as you work from the center out the guy/girl holding that end will keep pressure on the mat ( in other words will be pulling it while you are pressing it down) but be careful you can find yourself stretching it further than you need to, so every 6 inches or so check it to see where you are. Once you get it done it will be worth it.

There is also a link somewhere of when I did mine. I would take a look at it too. I like to tape mine down when done for a day just to make sure all the edges get a good seal on it. If not when you load up ballast and the platform is under water it will start to come loose.

JG