PDA

View Full Version : Which watersport is you main one??

Upper Michigan Prostar190
10-04-2005, 01:23 PM
OK, this is purley out of curiosity. :confused: I am wondering what watersports people are PRIMARILY into. Now if you waterski, but "kinda" go tubin, wakeboarding or kneeboarding, then select "Slalom skier"...you get the idea. I am curious what peoples MAIN interest in watersports is. I dont want this to become a skiing VS. wakeboarding thread either, that isnt the point. its just for interest of what everyone does on the water.

REMEMBER now, its your MAIN interest in watersports. Whats your PRIMARY sport???
Oh yea, please be honest and dont select the "tubin" option just to be funny. I want to be as accurate as possible. :toast:

Here we go!!! :popcorn:

UMP

east tx skier
10-04-2005, 01:26 PM
We slalom. That's it. Our wakeboard and kneeboard have collected dust in the garage and rarely get put in the boat anymore.

10-04-2005, 01:27 PM
Cast your vote eastie!! I want to get as many people to vote as possible to get an accurate idea of what folks are doing with their MCs :)

whitedog
10-04-2005, 01:42 PM
I free ski mainly but barefoot is a close second. That is when I get a chance. You forgot drive the boat as an option. Thats the option the kids let me have most of the time.:(

Danimal
10-04-2005, 01:43 PM
A little slalom for me... I'm good for once around the lake. I am mainly the boat driver for other skiers and my kids. We have barefooters (cousin), slalom (brother), skiing & tubing (son & daughter), kneeboard (wife). The boat gets some use.

X-45
10-04-2005, 01:44 PM
I use slalom. Now I've been converted to wakeboarder with the new MC.

:popcorn:

tex
10-04-2005, 01:45 PM
You listed parasailing, tubing, and kneeboarding and left out jumping?

I am upset!

10-04-2005, 01:48 PM
Dammit!!!! :mad: I just knew I was gonna screw this up and forget something!! I am sorry Tex, I didnt mean to leave you and your fellow jumpers out dude. My bad. :o

Is there a way I can change the poll? somehow edit it?

Sorry.

UMP

AirJunky
10-04-2005, 01:48 PM
We slalom. That's it. Our wakeboard and kneeboard have collected dust in the garage and rarely get put in the boat anymore.
Thats funny. I sold my Mach1 & Hyperlite Shapiro Honeycomb a while back for the same reason.

Cary K.
10-04-2005, 01:49 PM
I wakeskate. Haven't been strapped to a board in many years now. I also do quite a bit of wakesurfing.

Footin
10-04-2005, 02:12 PM
Skis.......we don't need no stinkin skis!!!!!!!

Ric
10-04-2005, 02:14 PM
NICE POLE
I like the last option.. Maybe I shoulda put that one in on the boat poll :(
OK, this is purley out of curiosity. :confused: I am wondering what watersports people are PRIMARILY into. Now if you waterski, but "kinda" go tubin, wakeboarding or kneeboarding, then select "Slalom skier"...you get the idea. I am curious what peoples MAIN interest in watersports is. I dont want this to become a skiing VS. wakeboarding thread either, that isnt the point. its just for interest of what everyone does on the water.

REMEMBER now, its your MAIN interest in watersports. Whats your PRIMARY sport???
Oh yea, please be honest and dont select the "tubin" option just to be funny. I want to be as accurate as possible. :toast:

Here we go!!! :popcorn:

UMP

shepherd
10-04-2005, 02:18 PM
My main interest is slalom.
I assume you mean watersports associated with Mastercrafts??? If not, then you forgot surfing (my second interest) and kite-surfing (which looks awesome but haven't tried it yet).
I'd leave out parasailing and tubing -- those aren't sports, you just go along for the ride...

Good poll UMP. I expected more wakeboarders. Maybe they haven't crawled out of bed yet :D Or on some OTHER web forum...

Rockman
10-04-2005, 02:22 PM
Footing for us until the water gets bad and then the slalom and wakeboards come out.

Tubing only if the water gets really bad and someone is asking for punishment. :D

Ric
10-04-2005, 02:25 PM
Slalom .

Leroy
10-04-2005, 02:30 PM
Primarily salom, but always wakeboard after I'm burned.

LakePirate
10-04-2005, 02:52 PM
I am a slalom guy.

Hey Shep, I was going to try to Kite-surf last summer in Aruba but according to the people running the stand it is way more difficult than it looks and wanted to run you through a class first (necessary or a way to make a buck on tourons? you be the judge). So I decided it would be easier to wind surf. It is probably because the winds are so strong in Aruba that it is more difficult.

shepherd
10-04-2005, 02:57 PM
There's a lot of guys doing it down here at the beach. It looks pretty difficult and I'd probably take a few lessons first. When the winds are blowing and the waves get some size, those guys FLY! :headbang:

AirJunky
10-04-2005, 02:59 PM
Hey Shep, I was going to try to Kite-surf last summer in Aruba but according to the people running the stand it is way more difficult than it looks and wanted to run you through a class first (necessary or a way to make a buck on tourons? you be the judge). So I decided it would be easier to wind surf. It is probably because the winds are so strong in Aruba that it is more difficult.
I've been thru a couple of lessons with Wiley's & you definitely need to know how to fly a kite & how to ride (board, ski or foil) behind a boat before you go dragging thru the water. Understanding where the power zone is & how to get the kite into the right place was the point of the beach lessons. It was strong enough to pick my 220 lbs butt up & drag me up & down the beach a few times!!

LakePirate
10-04-2005, 03:06 PM
I've been thru a couple of lessons with Wiley's & you definitely need to know how to fly a kite & how to ride (board, ski or foil) behind a boat before you go dragging thru the water. Understanding where the power zone is & how to get the kite into the right place was the point of the beach lessons. It was strong enough to pick my 220 lbs butt up & drag me up & down the beach a few times!!

When I talked with the guys there they wanted me to sit through a class room type deal. I told them I knew how to wakeboard (not very well, but I can do it) and understood the principals of flying a kite but they were not hearing any of it, so oh well. It does look like fun.

stumbledog
10-04-2005, 03:20 PM
Previously to the purchase of my MC this summer I had only been up on 1 ski a handfull of times. I think I need some tutoring, but would one day like to try and run the course. This skiing stuff is addictive.

10-04-2005, 04:53 PM
Stumbledog, try going to a ski school, even one day there helped me by leaps and bounds!! I am planning on going 2 or three times next year.

BTW, I noticed you are from Temperance, MI. ....funny thing, when I bought my MC this spring, on the way home we drove by Temperance, MI and my buddy who LOVES to tip back more than a few cold ones, said that "Temperance" wasnt anywhere he could live given the meaning of the word. :uglyhamme In fact ,just driving through it made him get the shakes. :toast:

UMP

Laurel_Lake_Skier
10-04-2005, 05:01 PM
Early morning 'footin on the nice smooth water. Then we break out the Sky Ski when the other boats hit the lake and just smile as we fly over the chop!

milkmania
10-04-2005, 05:31 PM
Is there a way I can change the poll? somehow edit it?

Sorry.

UMP

just ask Ric.......maybe he knows8p

Ric
10-04-2005, 05:33 PM
Hahahahahahah ...................... no

milkmania
10-04-2005, 05:34 PM
lol

small message:mad:

Ric
10-04-2005, 05:36 PM
lol

small message:mad:
it wasnt so long ago that we could post here in allcaps, but now when I type all caps, the post comes out properly capped at the beginning of the sentence and the rest lower case???

sassydog
10-04-2005, 06:17 PM
rockman got me hooked on footin'!! signed in for life with the Wautoma Ski Team. wakeboarding has its perks, but i prefer the breakneck speed on nothing but what god gave you over the tricks and air of wakeboarding.

Kevin 89MC
10-04-2005, 06:21 PM
Slalom first, then barefoot, wakeboard 3rd. Wakeskating is pretty cool too. Too addicted to slalom to get better at the others! I figure I can wakeboard more when I'm older, but I actually have had the most painful falls from wakeboarding. One of these days I'll probably eat those words when I go out the front at the wake again chasing buoys! So far I've come up with all limbs attached properly, but sometimes I have a hard time finding my ski across the lake :eek:
Kevin

jraben8
10-04-2005, 06:46 PM
I still like to go fast so its slalom and basic footin' for me. I'll wakeboard when the boat is too full to do the other (I don't like to slalom when I have to use the ring on the back because I brought too many friends).

H20skeefreek
10-04-2005, 07:37 PM
Slalom Baby!! None Of That Toobin' Stuff. When We Go Out On The Public Lake We Break About The Wakboard B/c It's Too Rough.

oH rICK, iT cAPITALIZES tHE bEGINNING oF eACH wORD.

Ric
10-04-2005, 08:37 PM
that is a new and exciting feature

bigmac
10-04-2005, 08:51 PM
Slalom Baby!! None Of That Toobin' Stuff. When We Go Out On The Public Lake We Break About The Wakboard B/c It's Too Rough.

oH rICK, iT cAPITALIZES tHE bEGINNING oF eACH wORD.

The TMC admin has clicked "yes" on the "Prevent SHOUTING" option of the vBulletin admin control panel.

Ric
10-04-2005, 08:52 PM
The TMC admin has clicked "yes" on the "Prevent SHOUTING" option of the vBulletin admin control panel.
heh heh nobody ever gets their feathers ruffled on this board do they? ;)

10-04-2005, 09:14 PM
all right, FESS UP!!! who is the Tubing maniac???? :confused: I see there is one on the poll board.

....come on, speak up!!! Who is it? Time to come out of the tubin closet!! ;)

"you can tell me now, or I got ways of findin' out myself"- Sgt. Hulka

SKI*MC
10-04-2005, 09:29 PM
ummm.... i can explain!!!

all right, FESS UP!!! who is the Tubing maniac???? :confused: I see there is one on the poll board.

....come on, speak up!!! Who is it? Time to come out of the tubin closet!! ;)

bradamerry
10-04-2005, 09:35 PM
We are WORLD CLASS TOOBERS................................. :D

SKI*MC
10-04-2005, 11:21 PM
Taking
Ur
Beautiful
Ego to
Rough
Stuff

10-04-2005, 11:35 PM
allright then, take one step back. you BOTH just got yourselves 24 hours of scrubbing garbage cans!!!! :noface:

:uglyhamme well, admitting you have a problem is the first step towards the cure... :uglyhamme

UMP

SKI*MC
10-04-2005, 11:37 PM
i hope they make a pill to fix this!

allright then, take one step back. you BOTH just got yourselves 24 hours of scrubbing garbage cans!!!! :noface:

:uglyhamme well, admitting you have a problem is the first step towards the cure... :uglyhamme

UMP

10-05-2005, 11:46 AM
no pills can cure a tubing addiction there skimc. :(

I have a program thats sure to work though. for only $29.95 you can break the tubing addicition. I developed my patented method to slowly break the "need" to be towed behined a boat on a tube. see, you start by just towing the tube empty while you sit in the boat, do that for several sessions, then just tow a rope behind the boat, then put a waterski or wakeboard in the boat and...OH I told you too much already. :mad: Look, if you have a tubing addiction, you need to buy our patented program. We have a special on now, if you buy 2 programs (for an accelerated quit) for only $49.95, I will gaurantee you will stop tubing in 2 weeks or NO MONEY BACK!!! and if you act in the next 10 minutes, I will include a FREE set of Ginsu knives, one of those fan cooled neck bands, and the venetian blind feather duster!!! thats a $159.95 value!!! :cool:

Fly by night industries
1313 shifting sands way
Skrewuover, NY 11111

:uglyhamme

Remember, Gauranteed to stop your tubing addiction, or NO MONEY BACK!!!

MarkP
10-05-2005, 11:50 AM
UMP

Sounds like you donít sleep well at night.. You got all the lingo down!;) !

River Rat
10-05-2005, 12:07 PM
Wakeboard for us, barefoot in the late after noon when we load the boom. My youngest has asked to ski before but after counseling he is over that now :rolleyes:

10-05-2005, 12:20 PM
UMP

Sounds like you donít sleep well at night.. You got all the lingo down!;) !

lol!! Ha ha!!

ya know Mark, I have what is called a mind for foolishness. My dad said if I would have devoted all the energy and time that I devote to humor and fun towards academic study that I would have been a brilliant Doctor or scientist :eek: He said he spent all that money on my engineering degree so I can argue good at cocktail parties :uglyhamme

He also calls me a "walking encyclopedia of semi useless information" :toast:

but I do sleep good at night.

UMP

skeeler
10-05-2005, 12:26 PM
There are other watersports besides wakeboarding? Wow, learn something new every day.....

SteveO
10-05-2005, 08:52 PM
Prefer to slalom, although I do my fair share of wakeboarding when the wind pics up and I don't want to make the 40 mile one way trip to the club. At 3 bucks a gallon, the round trip to the site runs me about 30 bucks in SUV gas alone.

AirJunky
10-05-2005, 08:56 PM
Prefer to slalom, although I do my fair share of wakeboarding when the wind pics up and I don't want to make the 40 mile one way trip to the club. At 3 bucks a gallon, the round trip to the site runs me about 30 bucks in SUV gas alone.
Huh? Your only getting 2.6 mpg?!
80 miles round trip / 10 mpg is only $8. Or are you taking the long way?! :uglyhamme

Leroy
10-05-2005, 09:04 PM
Now here is a boarder!

Wakeboard for us, barefoot in the late after noon when we load the boom. My youngest has asked to ski before but after counseling he is over that now :rolleyes:

MarkP
10-05-2005, 09:34 PM
Now here is a boarder!I see that..:rolleyes: ..

10-05-2005, 09:39 PM
Huh? Your only getting 2.6 mpg?!
80 miles round trip / 10 mpg is only $8. Or are you taking the long way?! :uglyhamme

uhh....using the data HE provided, he is getting 8 miles per gallon there Airjunky, check you math again. :cool: too many face plants on that foil this summer?? you seem to have lost your math..... ;)

:twocents:

UMP

10-05-2005, 09:43 PM
oh yea, by the way, in case anyone hasnt noticed, its becoming an epidemic, there are 5 tubing maniacs on this board according to the pole now....... :eek3: :noface: :uglyhamme

erkoehler
10-05-2005, 10:02 PM
Where are all the footers at, come on we need atleast 2nd..... :D

LakePirate
10-05-2005, 10:21 PM

Big Toe Hulka

6ballsisall
10-05-2005, 11:06 PM
There are other watersports besides wakeboarding? Wow, learn something new every day.....

Skeeler, you seem to find plenty of other good things to do on the water besides wakeboard :D

2skinny MC
10-05-2005, 11:23 PM
Love to slalom, bought my first wakeboard 3wks ago. What a blast!

10-06-2005, 10:27 AM
Big Toe Hulka

"Sgt. Hulka isnt always going to be there to be that big toe for us"

3event
10-06-2005, 10:41 AM
I still prefer slalom, but barefooting is a very close #2 - vote may be different next season.

We enjoy the wakeboarding too, but it warms my heart to see slalom still has a strong following ! Although I may be one of the few slalom freaks left on our lake, I am in good company here !

Can we harass all the voters who chose tubing, either to mess with the poll or for real ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

Leroy
10-06-2005, 11:20 AM
Only because the kids are not voting or there would be a real epidemic!

oh yea, by the way, in case anyone hasnt noticed, its becoming an epidemic, there are 5 tubing maniacs on this board according to the pole now.......
:eek3: :noface: :uglyhamme