PDA

View Full Version : Need Help with rubrail

LooseMoose
06-06-2013, 06:08 AM
Have a 1979 MC Stars and Stripes and the rubrail is pretty beat up. I've found lots of place to purchase rubrail but not a guide that can tell me which is the correct one for my 79. Any help would be appreciated.
John

DLProstar190
06-06-2013, 09:49 AM
Are you looking at replacing the entire rubrail or just the insert? Last fall I replaced my insert and ordered the Taco insert through West Marine. I just pulled the insert out, measured what size I needed, as was able to find an identical match on their website. Go to westmarine.com and search "taco rubrails" and see if anything matches up to what you need and go from there.

LooseMoose
06-07-2013, 07:59 AM
Thanks for the input but I'd really like to replace the entire rub rail. The aluminum is pretty dented in several spots. I found one that looks to be a pretty close match, but not quite and hate to have it shipped and be stuck with it.

Tristarboarder
06-07-2013, 09:58 AM
I replaced both my rub rail and insert last year. It was hard to find the exact match. I went with a Taco product that was very similar. To be sure before I ordered a 50' piece, depending on who you purchase through, you can have them send you a sample strip of both the rail and insert. That is what I did, then I held it up to the boat to make sure it would fit flush.

LooseMoose
06-09-2013, 11:10 AM
Think I found a match with a product from Taco. Thanks for the input.

thatsmrmastercraft
06-09-2013, 11:12 AM
LooseMoose.......where you at in the northwoods of Wisconsin? I get up to the Tomahawk area relatively often for weekends and spend a week in August with the family up there as well.