PDA

View Full Version : Wake the World TX needs more boats - July 29

tdjaster
06-05-2013, 05:12 PM
I've worked with Wake the World for the last couple years and it is truly an awesome event. We currently are in need of a few more boat owners to volunteer their time and talents on Monday, July 29th at Canyon Lake (between Austin and San Antonio).

The day would consist of having your boat in the water between 7-8am, giving some outstanding kids an opportunity for a day on the water that they wouldn't otherwise have, and being done around 6pm. Meals are provided for all volunteers.

To get a look at what we do, go to: http://waketheworldtx.com/

If you are available or have any questions, please contact me.

Thanks for your help!

TxsRiverRat
06-05-2013, 05:16 PM
Just out of curiosity, how do they handle the insurance / liability issues?

tdjaster
06-05-2013, 05:18 PM
Just out of curiosity, how do they handle the insurance / liability issues?

Don't quote me on this but I think there is a general policy for all Wake the World events nationwide.

pmkkdx
06-05-2013, 05:24 PM
I will be out of state in OR on a mission trip with our church or I would be glad to help out... sounds like a good cause!

tdjaster
06-05-2013, 10:22 PM
I will be out of state in OR on a mission trip with our church or I would be glad to help out... sounds like a good cause!

This is year #4 and there's no reason to believe we'll be stopping anytime soon, so make sure to look for us again in late July 2014!

BradleyV
06-09-2013, 12:12 AM
Let me check my calendar for this weekend. My parents own a house on Canyon next to ramp #2. If I can make it work, I would like to help out.

bv

tdjaster
06-09-2013, 12:27 AM
Let me check my calendar for this weekend. My parents own a house on Canyon next to ramp #2. If I can make it work, I would like to help out.

bv

That'd be awesome. I will be out on Sunday. Not sure yet if it going to Canyon or Dunlap.

tdjaster
06-11-2013, 02:31 PM
Any more boaters available? We could use a just a couple more!

tdjaster
06-27-2013, 11:06 AM
Still looking for a few more boats...any others?

Astepatatime
06-27-2013, 02:28 PM
We're participating in a Wake the World for Alabama tomorrow. It was your post that got us looking into this organization. Looking forward to being a part of it. 17 boats and 90+ people from the organization we're supporting.

Should be a great time.

tdjaster
06-27-2013, 03:26 PM
We're participating in a Wake the World for Alabama tomorrow. It was your post that got us looking into this organization. Looking forward to being a part of it. 17 boats and 90+ people from the organization we're supporting.

Should be a great time.

That's fantastic!

Be sure to post about your experience tomorrow so we can spread the word of Wake the World throughout the country.

_fng_
06-27-2013, 03:31 PM
I'd love to help out but Mondays are a no go for me. Great thing you're doing for these young kids.

tdjaster
06-29-2013, 12:14 AM
I'd love to help out but Mondays are a no go for me. Great thing you're doing for these young kids.

It sure is. Please pass the word to other boat owning friends....even if they're (gulp) not MC owners.

tdjaster
07-06-2013, 11:53 PM
Had a boat owner have to cancel. Anyone else able to take his place?