PDA

View Full Version : INT Championships at Ski West, Bakersfield CA 10/12-10/15

BuoyChaser
10-04-2005, 11:06 AM
Is anyone going to INT Nats next week? I qualified for New England 2nd place in Expert and 2nd place in Wide Ride Fun. But work wouldn't let me go, not enough vacation days left, BUMMAH!!! Gotta pay for the new '05 somehow.

The 2005 Tour Season has come to a close in all states. Winning competitors are now headed to the US Championships, held October 12 - 15 in Bakersfield, California. For more information on the US Championships and to view highlights from 2004 visit http://www.intleague.com/us_championships/index.html

Cary K.
10-04-2005, 11:25 AM
I won NC title in Wakeskate and qualified to go, but we just had a baby and I used all of my vacation days then. I qualified and went to US Championships in Houston in '02 and had a blast. Qualified again in '03 but didn't go, then sat '04 with a bum knee. Maybe there is hope that I can 4-peat and actually go back in '06 !?!? Good luck to all those that are going !

Leroy
10-04-2005, 11:33 AM
Congrats and too bad you can't go.

Really appreciate the website! Have been wanting to get into novice course runs and looking for opportunities here in Indiana.

BuoyChaser
10-04-2005, 11:48 AM
International Novice Tour (INT League) is a blast...i've been competing off/on in INT for close to 8+yrs (lost count)...

started back in Wakeboarding at an INT Event in Ohio...then when I came to New Hampshire with my presence wife, knew nobody in the area that was waterskiing...I called up a couple local AWSA clubs and they weren't impressed that I wasn't skiing shortline at the time, then stumbled upon a tournament on the Merrimack River in Concord...looked up information on INT, and came to the next tournament and competed...it was a blast...in fact they announce your name and where you are from...found at that tournament a couple guys who were from the same area and we've been friends ever since...

been to Nats 2 times, my wife also got 2nd place this year in Women's NOVICE...we went in '03 the 1st year it was in Bakersfield, then I went in '02 to Texas...

such a family oriented event, with activities for every age level (entry kneeboard, entry slalom, entry wakeboard, all the way through advanced)...

at least stop by a local tournament and check it out, SO MUCH FUN!!!we're all in it for the same cause, so why not meet others just like you...why we all are part of this forum, RIGHT???