PDA

View Full Version : Ford Raptor

onejdgreen
06-04-2013, 06:34 PM
Ok guys, I know some of you own a Ford Raptor and I am thinking about trading for one, but I have a couple questions for those of you that own one. 1) What kind of fuel mileage do you get? Towing mileage? Is the 6.2L power worth it? I currently have Ford PowerStroke that has loads of power to pull whatever I want. 2) How does it handle towing a boat? I have an 02 197, the PowerStroke doesn't even know that its there... 3) How does it handle snow and mud? I do alot of hunting in the off ski season and the conditions in some of the areas that I hunt can get pretty nasty! Thanks in advance for any and all information!

D3skier
06-04-2013, 06:46 PM
my biggest concern would be the frame bending

http://www.raptorforumz.com/showthread.php?t=14208

Aric'sX15
06-04-2013, 06:59 PM
well did you happen to see the guys avatar that posted it? for towing the raptors suspension is very soft for offroad purposes. ive seen all over that the average mpgs are around 12-14, depending on if you can keep your foot out of the throttle. im sure it does just fine in mud, id be weary of those bfg all terrains in the mud though, not really designed for that. the raptor is a badass truck no doubt! lets see if fourfourty will post his up, hands down the sickest truck ive ever seen.

Jerseydave
06-05-2013, 04:01 AM
Keep your powerstoke. The 6.2 in a Raptor will get 1/2 the mpg and it won't tow heavy loads at all because of the suspension. If you have an older 7.3 PS it's worth keeping for a long time.

bturner2
06-05-2013, 06:23 AM
I love the line " we don't drive our trucks hard, we drive them to the limit". Then he has a picture of his truck with all four wheels in the air. Can't understand how the frame bent. I also believe participating in racing voids the warranty.

For what you're towing I don't see it as a problem but as others have stated this truck is not purpose built to tow. If that's your goal you're buying the wrong tool for the job.

j.mccreight@hotmail.com
06-05-2013, 08:57 AM
It's just a little bump...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKQdlXvbWSU

onejdgreen
06-05-2013, 09:37 AM
Ok... Not going to be jumping it... I don't think warranty is going to cover that! Good info onthe towing tho. May just keep the PowerStroke, afterall its paid for...

02ProstarSammyD
06-05-2013, 10:37 AM
Warranties are worthless to a point these days. I drove jeeps for years which were mostly old beaters. Decided one day to buy a new one years and years ago. After a month snapped c flip.............nope was abused, voided my warranty right there.

These companies need to stop advertising tough vehicles and then barking. The towing is supposed to be horrible but I can't speak personally. I know I just bought a new dodge and avoided the raptor like a plague b/c of the mpg and towing ability.

1redTA
06-05-2013, 12:44 PM
is it wrong to say "Built Ford Tough"? This needs a solution I really wanted a raptor

mzimme
06-05-2013, 12:52 PM
You could just put airbags int he rear suspension. These things are built to run in the desert, not tow a boat. The power is there, but you'll just sag in the rear end.

bturner2
06-05-2013, 12:53 PM
Bo Duke would be proud of that jump. Hey on the positive side the bed still looked to be lined up!

onejdgreen
06-05-2013, 08:29 PM
Well... After hearing everything I think I will keep the PowerStroke. After all its paid for and I don't really want a truck payment...

tdjaster
06-05-2013, 10:06 PM
It's just a little bump...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKQdlXvbWSU

Oh my Gaaawwwwwwwddddd! That's insane! Not like I'm surprised, but I noticed a Texas registration sticker in the windshield...those types of things don't happen in New Hampshire.

mzimme
06-05-2013, 10:23 PM
Oh my Gaaawwwwwwwddddd! That's insane! Not like I'm surprised, but I noticed a Texas registration sticker in the windshield...those types of things don't happen in New Hampshire.

"Hold my beer... watch this!"

onejdgreen
06-06-2013, 08:22 AM
"Hold my beer... watch this!"

That phrase is said all across this great country, not just by rednecks from Texas. Rednecks come from every state...

mzimme
06-06-2013, 08:41 AM
That phrase is said all across this great country, not just by rednecks from Texas. Rednecks come from every state...

Oh I know... I live in Missouri, meth head/redneck central. You get down in the Ozarks and you wonder how people made it in life as long as they had.

Thrall
06-06-2013, 01:13 PM
Well... After hearing everything I think I will keep the PowerStroke. After all its paid for and I don't really want a truck payment...

Keep the Stroker.
Same trip that I got 8mpg with a light load behind the Ford 6.2, got 11.5mpg in the Cummins at 13' tall with camper and about 18klb GCVW, including trailer. And I pulled the uphill passes alot faster in 5th or 6th gear vs 3rd or 2nd gear in the gasser.