PDA

View Full Version : Need a new dealer in WI/IL

all5ofus
06-03-2013, 05:57 PM
The service department at Gage Marine has gone downhill so far I can't put up with them anymore. Time to find a new dealer. Does anyone have any experience or recommendations with Skipper Buds in Pewaukee, WI or Mastercraft Boats of Chicago. Both are nearly equal distance for me.

JohnnyB
06-03-2013, 06:05 PM
Heard good things about Redline in Madison

Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

corey
06-03-2013, 06:06 PM
The guys are Redline are awesome!

barefoot
06-03-2013, 09:50 PM
Redline is pretty spectacular. About an hours drive from where Gage is. They did the PPI on my boat when I bought it. Otherwise, my father-in-law had some work done on his '88 ps at Reed's Marine. He was impressed with the work and timeliness to get it done. I think the mechanic came from Summerset Marine, though I'm not sure.

Why doesn't JimN open a shop?

Kevin@MWMC
06-04-2013, 07:40 AM
Another vote for Redline Watersports in Madison. Good group of guys over there

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Traxx822
06-04-2013, 08:26 AM
I had work done at skipper buds on an old boat a couple years ago. They installed a new V8 mercruiser in a Maxim I had. They did a great job. If they are closer to you I would recommend them.

It also depends on what kind of service you are looking for. If you are just looking for someone around you that is a good marine mechanic that can do anything to your boat I know a guy that owns a marine performance shop just a few miles north of Skipper Buds and can send you his info. Very good friend, and extremely anal mechanic. He just stuffed a 700HP motor in his Liberator.

If you want his info let me know.

madcityskier
06-04-2013, 09:06 AM
Yeah, Redline. Even the Nautique guy I know bought his board there.

JimN
06-04-2013, 09:32 AM
Gere Marie, in Northern Illinois.

swatguy
06-04-2013, 09:54 AM
JIM,

Gere Marine is now officially Mastercraft Boats of Chicago. The dealership was just revamped and has moved into a brand new facility. It is attached to Gere (tower and billet supplier for MC) now an they are working on getting all the CNC equipment into the new building right next to the MC boats.

Their sales floor is absolutely ridiculous and the pro shop looks like a high end specialty shop. As you can imagine there is billet everywhere. It truly is the sickest dealership i have ever stepped into. Absolutely amazing. It really sets the MC line up nicely. They also have one of the best mechanics in the area. Will has been the best mechanic in the area for years. Very knowledgeable MC mechanic.

Theie only downside is inventory is very limited. They don't stock a ton of boats. I would highly recommend them over Skippers in Volo. I can't speak of their location in Pewaukee , but they just do so much business in I/O's and huge yachts wakeboats are an after thought at the Volo location. Their mechanics are not "wakeboat specific) The get backed up and there really is no attention to wakeboats given.

JimN
06-04-2013, 10:11 AM
JIM,

Gere Marine is now officially Mastercraft Boats of Chicago. The dealership was just revamped and has moved into a brand new facility. It is attached to Gere (tower and billet supplier for MC) now an they are working on getting all the CNC equipment into the new building right next to the MC boats.

Their sales floor is absolutely ridiculous and the pro shop looks like a high end specialty shop. As you can imagine there is billet everywhere. It truly is the sickest dealership i have ever stepped into. Absolutely amazing. It really sets the MC line up nicely. They also have one of the best mechanics in the area. Will has been the best mechanic in the area for years. Very knowledgeable MC mechanic.

Theie only downside is inventory is very limited. They don't stock a ton of boats. I would highly recommend them over Skippers in Volo. I can't speak of their location in Pewaukee , but they just do so much business in I/O's and huge yachts wakeboats are an after thought at the Volo location. Their mechanics are not "wakeboat specific) The get backed up and there really is no attention to wakeboats given.

I know Will- we worked at a dealer that used to carry MC. That's why I mentioned them.

JohnnyB
06-04-2013, 10:23 AM
JimN....narrowing it down....did you work at Competition when they were the MC dealer?

Nordicron
06-04-2013, 10:50 AM
Yeah, Redline. Even the Nautique guy I know bought his board there.

I've actually bought 3 boards from them! Very good group of guys! Almost makes me want to trade my Nautique in for a MC, almost.

JimN
06-04-2013, 08:57 PM
JimN....narrowing it down....did you work at Competition when they were the MC dealer?

I was there from Jan, '98 until Jan, 2000. When the idiots stole the company from the founder and fired everyone, I was the only one they kept because it was right at the start of Winterization season and I didn't feel that leaving the boat owners to the idiots was right. I hated to stay, just because they're such a-holes. After the annual Christmas-New Years shut-down, I drove out there but when I got to the corner of the street that leads to the store, I couldn't go. I called about a week later and went in to set up for the boat show, knowing that some things were in the works that may have reversed the BS. At the end of that week, I got home and about fifteen minutes later, the main weasel called. I saw who it was, but didn't want to talk to him (makes my skin crawl and then I want to smash things), so I let him leave a message. He said business was slow, so they wouldn't need me until further notice. I knew that was a load because I had written the work orders for about $50K of repairs that were to be done over the Winter. The next week, I got a call that the owner of another dealer wanted to talk to me, so that's how I ended up working with Will.

Considering all of the chest-thumping and inflated egos, I would have thought they would have hired some people who knew what they were doing, but they just don't know anything about taking care of customers.