PDA

View Full Version : Clarion CMD6

bturner2
06-02-2013, 03:23 PM
I have a Clarion CMD6 that I replaced with a CMD8 for sale. I have all cables and documentation that came with the unit that go with it. It's 4 season old and still works and looks like new. Looking to get $100 plus shipping.

hadzinak
06-03-2013, 02:05 PM
Can you connect it to an iPod?

willyt
06-03-2013, 04:31 PM
hmmm... i have a CMD4a in the boat right now. would like to upgrade the headunit, except i dont believe the remotes that work with the CMD4a work with the CMD6 (not backwards compatible). am i correct?

bturner2
06-03-2013, 05:17 PM
Hadzinak
iPod is supported. I've been using my iPhone 4s and an iPod touch with it for the last 2 years.

Willyt
I believe you are correct. I know I swapped out the original cable and replaced it with the newer version cable when I went to the CMD6.

Keep on Tryin'
06-03-2013, 06:58 PM
pm sent

rgardjr1
06-03-2013, 07:23 PM
hmmm... i have a CMD4a in the boat right now. would like to upgrade the headunit, except i dont believe the remotes that work with the CMD4a work with the CMD6 (not backwards compatible). am i correct?

There are adapter cables available. You'll lose the display on the remotes with lcds.

bturner2
06-03-2013, 09:41 PM
Responded to PMs

ZachDaddy
06-03-2013, 10:44 PM
Is this the same unit that you where having trouble with?

bturner2
06-04-2013, 06:48 AM
Well yes and no. Yes it was in the boat when I was having problems, but no it wasn't the source of the problem. Problem ended up being a low battery (Earmark Marine was correct). The amps were cutting out whenever I turned up the volume. Ordered the CMD8 while in panic mode and swapped it out. Problem stayed the same. Swapped the batteries around and the problem went away, DOH!

Decided that it was easier to keep the CMD8 installed rather than crawl back in the "hole" and mess with uninstalling and reinstalling the system let alone pay the shipping and go through the hassle of sending it back. The CMD8 also has the added Pandora feature and enhanced iPhone support so I'm not that disappointed with doing the upgrade. Would I have upgraded based on these features..... no but as long as I went this far I figured what the heck.

Lessons learned..... Don't go swapping parts to fix a problem until you've fully diagnosed the problem. In this case if I would have just charged the batteries I could have saved the time, effort and money spent changing out a perfectly good head unit.

bturner2
06-04-2013, 08:06 AM
Sold!