PDA

View Full Version : help? Missing grease zerk

sprj
06-02-2013, 11:12 AM
So I found the rudder box on my '05 prostar 197. Found the zerk on the steering tube. I've looked all over the rudder box high, low and with a mirror but I can't find the zerk or a hole where it once lived. There's a black band of rubber at the top of the box that doesn't appear in the photos in my manual. If this is an aftermarket or newer design is it possible that it doesn't get greased? doesn't sound right.
J

CantRepeat
06-02-2013, 12:00 PM
So I found the rudder box on my '05 prostar 197. Found the zerk on the steering tube. I've looked all over the rudder box high, low and with a mirror but I can't find the zerk or a hole where it once lived. There's a black band of rubber at the top of the box that doesn't appear in the photos in my manual. If this is an aftermarket or newer design is it possible that it doesn't get greased? doesn't sound right.
J

Not all rudder ports have grease fittings in them. On the ports that do not have fittings on them you must remove the rudder to grease them.

sprj
06-02-2013, 01:46 PM
Well stat stinks. The manual says it should have one, but what does it know. I'll take it apart and see what I can see. J