PDA

View Full Version : 351 Windsor

svxwilson
06-01-2013, 12:03 AM
I am in the market for a new engine. Having issues with mine and need a reliable back up while I send mine away to be reworked. Reverse cam. complete or just a crate I am interested in a quality reserve engine.

j.mccreight@hotmail.com
06-01-2013, 12:35 AM
Whats your budget? Might just buy a long block ~1900 reverse rotation is cheaper, could be cheaper than buying 1 engine and repairing another

http://www.summitracing.com/compare

svxwilson
06-01-2013, 12:50 AM
I would like to get it installed for less than $3k total. I will be dipping past my fun $ to do so. But my desire to ski is larger than my desire to buy another house and that is what the money I will be spending was saved for. And I might just sell my other project which is a 500hp Porsche. And that will more than replenish what I am considering spending here. I just want a good reliable engine.

drschemel
06-01-2013, 01:09 AM
Check on the guy parting out his 1983. He has a motor that he says runs well. Is should be a drop in solution while you are getting your engine rebuilt.

svxwilson
06-01-2013, 02:13 AM
Check on the guy parting out his 1983. He has a motor that he says runs well. Is should be a drop in solution while you are getting your engine rebuilt.

I looked but I couldn't find his thread

tph
06-01-2013, 02:54 AM
I looked but I couldn't find his thread

http://mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=54725

Kyle
06-03-2013, 04:21 PM
Read the other oil consumption thread.

Selling a Porsche to fix the boat is ridiculous. You obviously have bent valves as the other thread confirmed.

You can fix your boat for less than $500.

You can also buy new better heads that produce higher HP and a gasket kit head and intake gaskets. Leave carb on intake. For -$600

You have options but spending $3k to fix your boat is uncalled for unless you have a plethora of cash.

svxwilson
06-03-2013, 04:38 PM
Read the other oil consumption thread.

Selling a Porsche to fix the boat is ridiculous. You obviously have bent valves as the other thread confirmed.

You can fix your boat for less than $500.

You can also buy new better heads that produce higher HP and a gasket kit head and intake gaskets. Leave carb on intake. For -$600

You have options but spending $3k to fix your boat is uncalled for unless you have a plethora of cash.

I truly appreciate your optimism. I hope its something as simple as a bent valve. Porsche is gunna go anyway (to much $ tied up in it) even before the boat just gives me more reason too sell it. I am just covering all my options. Don't want to buy the boat and be the guy who spends the summer fixing it without getting it wet.