PDA

View Full Version : Hole Shot.

stevo137
10-02-2005, 10:16 PM
I can't imagine needing more...

Hoosier Bob
10-02-2005, 10:23 PM
I agree Stevo! I occasionally have others driving and they hit it so hard my arms explode! I like to hit the person and myself with rpms in the range of the speed they will run. I am not the fastest to hit plane. I have found that dragging a foot will shorten the time. Both feet in boots and I will need a softer pullup. Some say the 93 285 was the fastest to 36 MC made. That being said I can honestly say I don't use it all! Try the 541 and you will be even more amazed! :D

stevo137
10-03-2005, 11:14 AM
Try the 541 and you will be even more amazed! :D

Bring one with you and we'll see...

east tx skier
10-03-2005, 12:26 PM
93 205 with the 541. I'm up and fixing my shorts before the wake gets to me.

Upper Michigan Prostar190
10-03-2005, 02:35 PM
93 205 with the 541. I'm up and fixing my shorts before the wake gets to me.

Those shorts you wear arent flowered shorts like BriEOD wears are they Eastie?? ;) :popcorn:

ok, to the matter at hand: Hole shot. as you may remember I learned to start on one ski this season(due to all your fine folks help) and not that its like second nature, I have whomever is towing me to to hammer it, balls to the wall, full bore, wide open. I pop out of the water like right now, instant. I am using a 4 blade AMCE also. lots of snap, right now. 91 351 with a powerslot. its quick and I like it. I think the quick starts allow you to conserve energy on take offs rather than drag through the water. I had that trouble for years. The more hole shot, the better off you are IMO. someone else said that to me here on the board earlier in the year(cant remember who), they said that you can never have too much hole shot, and right they are!!! but by the same token, I cant imagine any more than what I have now being usable.

UMP

6ballsisall
10-03-2005, 02:57 PM
541 makes a huge difference in holeshot over stock prop and more than power, it is so much smoother out of the hole. Go for it Stevo, you drove mine, imagine what it will do for your boat!!

ski36short
10-03-2005, 09:18 PM
I'm all for holeshot too. I don't want my arms ripped out by giving it to me all at once with a foot of slack, but I like the throttle to get really deep on the way out.

I'll put my LT1 1:1 (OJ 13x13, stock) against anyone in terms of holeshot. Several guys have told me that mine is the only boat they've ask for less than all of it. It's got throttle response like no other boat I've been in or behind. I know I don't have the only one here, any other LT1-equipped shampoo boats get the same reaction?!?

SKI*MC
10-03-2005, 09:45 PM
tonight, one of our friends drove the boat, he went from a dead stop to 30 plus in like 4 seconds. Oh well, he was a good driver in the course.

Hoosier Bob
10-03-2005, 10:08 PM
This would make a good thread. I have always heard that the 1991-1994 Prostar 190 had the quickest 0-36 times ever recorded by a MasterCraft until recently when the twin engine X-80 bettered the mark. More than hp make a quick boat. Hull design, weight and torque would I believe play a more important role. Don't know where we could do this but I would love to see which one is faster. I know an X-9 with the 350 does not have a snowballs chance. Michigan is not that far. Whoever has access to the numbers, it would be nice to know what was and is the fastest accelerating MasterCraft. :dance: I'm all for holeshot too. I don't want my arms ripped out by giving it to me all at once with a foot of slack, but I like the throttle to get really deep on the way out.

I'll put my LT1 1:1 (OJ 13x13, stock) against anyone in terms of holeshot. Several guys have told me that mine is the only boat they've ask for less than all of it. It's got throttle response like no other boat I've been in or behind. I know I don't have the only one here, any other LT1-equipped shampoo boats get the same reaction?!?

Farmer Ted
10-03-2005, 10:30 PM
I'm all for holeshot too. I don't want my arms ripped out by giving it to me all at once with a foot of slack, but I like the throttle to get really deep on the way out.

Well I better get in here with this story before the Wildman starts talking smack...

we were out at the Bayou one day and this dude pulls up in a 82ish S&S, "claims" he just got the boat and wanted to do a hole shot against another boat just to see.....

well I had just taken a run and Wildman was in the seat, so I tell him go ahead, just don't embarrass the kid too bad

Well, as this kid was walking away from us I figured Brad was sandbagging it (you know he's a Ford man can't have a Chevy beat a Ford blah blah blah) so we stopped and did another one and this kid still walked away from us.

No telling what was done to that engine but it wasn't stock, I did not have the 541 on, I'm not sure what the number is but it's a 13X12.65 and the hole shot is alot softer but the top end runs faster. This is with a LT1 350hp 1:1.

I usually as the wife to drive at 3000 rmp with the 541 on and this will usually get around 30, with this other prop 3000 rpm gets around 33-34 once the boat/skier are up.

stevo137
10-03-2005, 11:10 PM
541 makes a huge difference in holeshot over stock prop and more than power, it is so much smoother out of the hole. Go for it Stevo, you drove mine, imagine what it will do for your boat!!
I'm not running the stock prop...
I'm tellin' ya', you might have more top end with that 541 but I can tell you that you won't want a full throttle up in double boots behind my boat...
I'm going to try the 541 next season.

Hoosier Bob
10-03-2005, 11:16 PM
I went from a 4 blade OJ 13x13 and can feel a big difference. I can't speak for the Ambush but the 541 makes the boat a pleasure at all speeds. It is amazing how much easier it is to stay on plane for the kids at slow speeds. Also with 7 in the boat it is still a rocket. Brings the boat to life. I am sure the OJ cnc is similar. Oh yeah, I got all of my top end back! ;)
PS. I agree Stevo full throttle is way way too much for doubles. I can see I need to hit Leroy a little harder! :D I'm not running the stock prop...
I'm tellin' ya', you might have more top end with that 541 but I can tell you that you won't want a full throttle up in double boots behind my boat...
I'm going to try the 541 next season.

stevo137
10-03-2005, 11:22 PM
I'm still a bit concerned that that CNC won't be able to be properly repaired if damaged.
I'm in a shallow lake and even though I know the lake I still get a ding or scratch each season...

Hoosier Bob
10-03-2005, 11:30 PM
Mine came with a list of qualified repair facilities. That being said they did say it would not be as manufactured, but then again still better than old style? I am glad you pointed that out before you used mine! :D We shall see but the time I am guessing to pull up a skier from 0-36 for the 93 will be in the high 4 second range! Much faster than today's boats. We shall see!
I'm still a bit concerned that that CNC won't be able to be properly repaired if damaged.
I'm in a shallow lake and even though I know the lake I still get a ding or scratch each season...

6ballsisall
10-03-2005, 11:35 PM
I bent a blade back on my prior 541 (with old boat) took it to Delta Propeller here in Cincy. (prior boat didn't have a prop guard and popped a wheelie in my garage when unhitched) Prop ran and looked like new.

stevo137
10-03-2005, 11:41 PM
I bent a blade back on my prior 541 (with old boat) took it to Delta Propeller here in Cincy. (prior boat didn't have a prop guard and popped a wheelie in my garage when unhitched) Prop ran and looked like new.
Jeff, skiing behind your boat convinced me into trying one.
Acme has a trial basis purchase, right?

Hoosier Bob
10-03-2005, 11:43 PM
I believe Acme has a 30 day money back and OJ has the trial. ICBW!

QUOTE=stevo137]Jeff, skiing behind your boat convinced me into trying one.
Acme has a trial basis purchase, right?[/QUOTE]