PDA

View Full Version : Prop Replacement

TN Barefooter
05-27-2013, 09:47 AM
Has anyone replaced their prop without using a prop puller? I need to replace my prop and it being Memorial day weekend everything is closed. I noticed a vibration yesterday after taking the boat for the first time this year and noticed by prop had a ding on one of the fins. :mad: Fortunately I've got a brand new spare. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Table Rocker
05-27-2013, 11:42 AM
Has anyone replaced their prop without using a prop puller? I need to replace my prop and it being Memorial day weekend everything is closed. I noticed a vibration yesterday after taking the boat for the first time this year and noticed by prop had a ding on one of the fins. :mad: Fortunately I've got a brand new spare. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
The first time I took my prop off was without a puller and it came right off without any beating. All I can say is give it a try.

pbgbottle
05-27-2013, 11:45 AM
I have a 3 blade prop. Didn't use a prop puller. But I used a regular 3 leg puller and it popped right off. The puller just clears the rudder.

TN Barefooter
05-27-2013, 11:55 AM
Thanks, I appreciate the input. I'll try and pull it off this afternoon. I have a three leg puller on standby just in case.

88 PS190
05-27-2013, 02:08 PM
Loosen the nut a few turns and give it a tug, i just swapped mine with a puller and it took some work.

skiknox
05-27-2013, 03:38 PM
I had to do same and didn't have a puller and tried pulling for 15 mins and wouldn't budge. if you lightly tap the end of prop shaft the harmonics will pop it off

TN Barefooter
05-27-2013, 03:39 PM
Thanks, my buddy just called and told me he has a prop puller just in case. He lives five minutes from the house. I'll pick it up on the way home from work and change that sucker out. I appreciate all the feedback.

Dino Don
05-27-2013, 07:25 PM
Put anti-seize on it and the next time it will pop right off--mine did. :)