PDA

View Full Version : got my FAE on.

jafo9
05-22-2013, 10:33 PM
thought i'd show a pic. since my 02 X30 has a trim tab and a raised platform, the FAE folks had to modify it a little. also, this is their "new" base finish. looks great in person. hopefully between this and my wetsounds upgrades, my stereo will sound a whole lot better.

clrussell
05-22-2013, 10:56 PM
Looks good! I'm currently in the process of getting one for mine

Tapatalk

barefoot
05-22-2013, 11:03 PM
What's that gizmo on the exhaust used for? I've never seen that before.

ricford
05-22-2013, 11:11 PM
What's that gizmo on the exhaust used for? I've never seen that before.

Drives the exhaust under water while under way. Much quieter.

madcityskier
05-22-2013, 11:21 PM
Also supposed to reduce exposure to co. Big time noise reduction. Interested to hear how you like it. We noticed no change in performance on the neighbor's boat, but the noise reduction was huge. The exhaust smell for surfing was also greatly reduced.

swatguy
05-23-2013, 12:34 AM
I will echo mad city. This is my 4th Fae on a boat. For the pure noise reduction alone I think it's worth every penny. The co reduction to a surf rider is an added bonus. It also allows you to hear your tunes much better at the end of the 75ft rope. I noticed a huge difference in my fatigue for surf sets on a boat with fae and without while sitting on the sundeck for rope duties set after set. So to me there is def a reduction.

I am thrilled at the fact they have stopped making the black powdercoating a standard. Of my 4 FAE 's on 4 different boats.......every single one has peeled on the middle section in the prop wash.

clrussell
05-24-2013, 12:37 PM

Workin on installing mine today

Tapatalk