PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: 2006-2008 Mastercraft X2

smith14a
05-20-2013, 10:15 AM
Found a boat.

ttu
05-20-2013, 10:20 AM
andy, first welcome to teamtalk.

here is a very low hour 06. priced a little above what you are looking for but a nice boat. i have seen this one in person.

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=54098

mzimme
05-20-2013, 10:33 AM
Here's one...

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=54193

smith14a
05-20-2013, 01:39 PM
Thanks for the quick responses. The first link didn't go through to a valid sale. The second one did. I actually have a friend who lives on Jackson Lake going down to look at it for me this week. It is a little much though considering the hours and engine. But it looks to be loaded. This one is still in the running.

bturner2
05-20-2013, 02:15 PM
Actually from what I've seen for this time of year that boat is probably priced pretty close to where it needs to be. Low hour 06 X2s are getting $39 - $43, 07s are pulling $42 - $45. 08s are anywhere from $45 - $50 all assuming very good condition and well optioned. If you don't mind waiting until August/September you can probably take $5K off those prices. The resale price of MasterCrafts seem to be getting better every year.

There are always deals out there but not that many this early in the year. You also have to look real hard at those deals as many will come with issues.

ttu
05-20-2013, 02:50 PM
Thanks for the quick responses. The first link didn't go through to a valid sale. The second one did. I actually have a friend who lives on Jackson Lake going down to look at it for me this week. It is a little much though considering the hours and engine. But it looks to be loaded. This one is still in the running.

i checked and it appears that it has sold. bturner is pretty correct on the pricing of the newer x2.

smith14a
05-20-2013, 04:48 PM
bturner2 - Thanks for the insight. From my searches you are correct. I guess I'm just hoping to find that diamond in the rough and get a 10 at a 6 price. :/ I should probably get more realistic..

ttu - Thanks for the update. Sad it's gone but it's early in the season. If you see any more please let me know!!

bturner2
05-21-2013, 08:25 AM
Hey that's how I do my boats. Picked up the 07 X2 I have now in March of 09 for $40K. Bit different times then though. The depression was rolling at full steam and was able to pick mine up for what the PO had owed on it. I'd seen it on Ebay and called after it failed to meet the reserve. Had to drive to TN from MI to get it and bought it pretty much site unseen except for the 20 or so pictures that were sent to me. Did the final inspection at a truck stop off I75 then turned around an pulled it home.

Don't know if you'll find any smoking deals this early in the season but if you're willing to look hard and look where others won't you'll find something sooner or later. Keep an eye on the Ebay/Craig's List post here on TT, use a site mesh for Craig's List and keep checking Only Inboards and boat trader. Something will pop. Just be ready to make the deal quickly if it does. I've found that when a deal does come up they don't last long.

smith14a
05-24-2013, 03:58 PM
I've expanded my budget to $45,000 and am looking for a 2006-2009 X2. If anyone knows of anything please let me know.

JMLVMI
05-24-2013, 05:58 PM
One down here in North Carolina: http://raleigh.craigslist.org/boa/3786189602.html

smith14a
05-25-2013, 10:04 AM
I actually made an offer on that one a few days ago. The guy is an older gentlemen that doesn't need to sell it and really doesn't need the money so he is waiting for a full price offer. I was a little frustrated because I made a very reasonable offer (more than what NadaGuides has it rated for) and he turned it down. Back to the drawing board :)

ttu
05-25-2013, 10:13 AM
might check texas mastercraft. they have one close to the price you are looking for.

in regards to nada, most the time they are way off what the x2's are going for. I really wish the one here in Tulsa would not have sold so fast. that was a sweet ride.

sand2snow22
05-25-2013, 11:35 AM
Might reconsider on that one in NC. That's not a 2006. Has 2007+ tower on it....

ttu
05-25-2013, 09:56 PM
Might reconsider on that one in NC. That's not a 2006. Has 2007+ tower on it....

that is interesting. it has a 07 or newer tower but 06 gauges.

btgrogan
05-27-2013, 07:23 AM
I actually made an offer on that one a few days ago. The guy is an older gentlemen that doesn't need to sell it and really doesn't need the money so he is waiting for a full price offer. I was a little frustrated because I made a very reasonable offer (more than what NadaGuides has it rated for) and he turned it down. Back to the drawing board :)

Actually what he meant to say was that the old man (45) did a little homework before he listed the boat and already knew what the market value was. He obviously didn't like my lowball offer so I will look elsewhere.:cool:

And I'm sure that the other fellas on this forum/thread would agree that your offer of 30k isn't a "reasonable offer" for this boat.

Good luck in your search.

Ben
05-27-2013, 09:18 AM
I love it...

Btw. Fix your ad. Pretty sure you have a 360, not a 305. If MCX, call that out. Also call out X2. Suggest looking at other ads as reference.

Boat looks clean. Put a good ad out with lots of pic and detail...

Good luck.

Cloaked
05-27-2013, 09:20 AM
I love it...

Btw. Fix your ad. Pretty sure you have a 360, not a 305. If MCX, call that out. Also call out X2. Suggest looking at other ads as reference.

Good luck.................................

btgrogan
05-27-2013, 10:38 AM
I love it...

Good luck.

I'm assuming your refering to the X2 in NC that's on Craigslist. Mine is listed here on TeamTalk.

Ben
05-27-2013, 06:37 PM
I'm assuming your refering to the X2 in NC that's on Craigslist. Mine is listed here on TeamTalk.

Yes I was. Based on your reply above I assumed it was yours.
Either way good luck with your sale.

Footin
05-27-2013, 07:41 PM
Actually what he meant to say was that the old man (45) did a little homework before he listed the boat and already knew what the market value was. He obviously didn't like my lowball offer so I will look elsewhere.:cool:

And I'm sure that the other fellas on this forum/thread would agree that your offer of 30k isn't a "reasonable offer" for this boat.

Classic......and that boat is priced right.

Ripple
05-28-2013, 08:32 AM

Old man....when did 45 become an old man?? Dang, no respect :D:D:D

I am in GSO, looking for an X2 for SML VA. Your X2 is nice, I may reach out an take a look after I finish my research.

smith14a
05-28-2013, 09:04 AM
btgrogan,
I was talking about the one in NC. The owner is 88. Just had heart surgery and just sold his lake house that is the reason I was told it is for sale. My offer was $40,000. They said they would take $41,000. I declined and they actually just called me yesterday saying they would take it. I have since found another one that I made a deal on yesterday. Going to pick it up today. Fingers crossed. :)
It is a 2006 with upgraded 2007 tower. If anyone is closer I think $40k is a reasonable price for that one. I'm 14 hours away so it wasn't ideal. It seems mint from the pics.

Again, I really appreciate all the advice and links everyone! I'll post a picture of the one I got when it's safe and sound at hom.

btgrogan
05-28-2013, 10:09 AM
Thanks for the clarification, now I don't feel so old.:) Hope that one works out for you.

smith14a
05-29-2013, 09:51 AM
here is the link to the one I got. I ended up settling at $43,600. He said it was a 9 out of 10 (I said..."heard that a time or two..."). Got there and it was a 10 out of 10. I've seen 2013's on the dealer lot in worse condition. I truly got lucky with this one. That one in NC looks to be in similar condition just too far away for this guy.

http://www.onlyinboards.com/Details.aspx?ID=38011

Again, thanks for all your help everyone!

SpencerMo
05-29-2013, 10:14 AM
Why did he come down in price so much?

Thanks

Lumbergh
05-29-2013, 11:46 AM
Nice!

Indyxc
05-29-2013, 11:56 AM
Please delete.

smith14a
05-30-2013, 09:10 AM
SpencerMO - I'm not sure to be honest. This thing is mint! We spent about an hour just sitting on it before he let me take it. My dad and I think he needed more time parting with it than we did looking it over. No issues though. Runs great. He didn't need the money anyway, from my perception of his house and cars. Hopefully I just got lucky :)

Indyxc - I tried deleting it but couldn't figure it out. I am new to TT. I'll keep poking around. I have another thread out there that has expired over the last week that I need to take down too. If you can point me in what I'm guessing is an obvious direction that would be great. Thanks!

SpencerMo
05-30-2013, 10:00 AM
That is very cool. Very nice looking boat.

Let me know when you are ready to sell it in 10 years! :)

SILENTxNOISE
06-06-2013, 04:00 PM
btgrogan,
I was talking about the one in NC. The owner is 88. Just had heart surgery and just sold his lake house that is the reason I was told it is for sale. My offer was $40,000. They said they would take $41,000. I declined and they actually just called me yesterday saying they would take it.

I JUST PURCHASED THIS X2!!

Smith14a,

I want to THANK YOU for helping us w/ the price on this boat!! We began our negotiations at your offer price! Hah! I would have never called on this boat based on the CL listing itself, but since you replied that he accepted your offer, we went for it! Traveled to NC to pick it up yesterday!

Thank you everyone for all the info provided in this post.. It literally found our boat we've been searching over 9 months for!

JMLVMI
06-06-2013, 06:12 PM
I JUST PURCHASED THIS X2!!

Smith14a,

I want to THANK YOU for helping us w/ the price on this boat!! We began our negotiations at your offer price! Hah! I would have never called on this boat based on the CL listing itself, but since you replied that he accepted your offer, we went for it! Traveled to NC to pick it up yesterday!

Thank you everyone for all the info provided in this post.. It literally found our boat we've been searching over 9 months for!

Congrats! I would see that boat as I browsed Craigslist for MCs every day, glad to see it went to a good home :)

SILENTxNOISE
06-06-2013, 07:36 PM
Congrats! I would see that boat as I browsed Craigslist for MCs every day, glad to see it went to a good home :)

Thanks! It'll be babied for sure!