PDA

View Full Version : World Record Towboats

Ric
09-29-2005, 08:26 PM
Congratulations are in order for Mr Parrish! :toast:

IWSF Approves Parrish's World Slalom Record

The International Water Ski Federation's Technical Committee has ratified the pending Men's world slalom record of 1-1/2 buoys at 43 feet off set by U.S. water ski athlete Chris Parrish on Aug. 28 at the H2Osmosis Swerve Session at Trophy Lakes in Johns Island, S.C. The mark surpasses the old world mark of 1-1/4 buoys at 43 feet off that was held by Parrish.

PendO
09-29-2005, 08:33 PM
Thanks rIC

thE lARge prINt IS bUgGIN ME ouT!

Just bustin' you up a bit ... congrats to all of you with 2005's, yours truly is THE world record towboat!!!!!

Ric
09-29-2005, 08:38 PM
Thanks rIC

thE lARge prINt IS bUgGIN ME ouT!
fixed, howz that?
wanted to make sure everyone got the message
yes, that was a prostar 197 which pulled the new world slalom record!

BriEOD
09-29-2005, 11:13 PM
Yeah we know who you were aiming at!! :D

SKI*MC
09-29-2005, 11:46 PM
they have a video of it on http://www.waterskimag.com/reader_videos.jsp

Ric
09-30-2005, 10:53 AM
Yeah we know who you were aiming at!! :D
:D .

sizzler
09-30-2005, 11:05 AM
now ,now boys ,,,,no pulling hair :cool:

Ric
09-30-2005, 11:14 AM
Wrong thread I know, but babblyboo's latest ad in waterski mag made me think.
start soapbox:
awsa needs to quit fooling with olympics and start to mainstream 3event skiing(or at least as much as it can be considering the barriers farmer ted mentioned)
In the ad, Parrish looks to be on a free running workout in the mountains. What?! Waterskiers wear shoes and buy workout products and gym memberships :eek: You mean skiers actually have a life OFF the water?
Why who would've thought? hmmmm
Nike, Reebok, CocaCola, Ozarka, Bud, Sky,. Just a few names that come to mind who need to know about our sport and the open door that's here for advertisers and sponsors.
Somebody smarter than me get to work on that in Polk City.
Hat's off to MC for advertising outside the sport with the action tours and motocross sponsorships.
That same new babblyboo ad, which is quite compelling, could've been for shoes or water or mp3 players or mountain bikes or whatever.

Leroy
09-30-2005, 11:15 AM
I think I read where he also limited his pass so he could have another record run.Which I think is great to keep excitement in the sport!