PDA

View Full Version : Removable Rear Bag Installation Option

bturner2
05-18-2013, 04:27 PM
I'm getting to the point where the Tsunami pump filling the rear bag we us for additional ballast while surfing is bothering me. I need the storage space in both lockers so I have a single bag that I use and move it side to side. It's a pain but it is what it is. Lately I've been looking at options to use the existing rear pumps to fill the bag when I move it and saw this on Wakematkers......

http://www.wakemakers.com/fly-high-distribution-flow-manifold.html

One of the pictures shows a quick disconnect laying in the trunk of a MC. Was thinking this may be just the ticket for me. I could still move the bag side to side, use the existing pump on either side to fill/empty the bag and still have all my storage at the end of the day. Was just wondering if anyone else was doing something like this and if so how it was working. I don't mind spending the money to make life easier but I'd hate to start cutting things up and find out the external bag doesn't want to fill or empty or that the pump isn't any better at filling the bag than the Tsunami pump.

snork
05-18-2013, 04:48 PM
why not add another bag?

bturner2
05-18-2013, 06:05 PM
That's actually what I'm doing, just don't want it there perminately. I'd like to use that manifold from Wakemakers to fill it. I'd add one on each side but move the one bag from side to side when I needed it for surfing.

ZachDaddy
05-20-2013, 06:15 PM
I have three of these that I'd sell for alot less the 120 each. They are in as new condition. Let me know if I can help....

Zacharoo

bturner2
05-21-2013, 11:25 AM
When I called Wakemakers on these the guy I talked to didn't seem to want me to buy the valves. He was pushing for me to go with the overflow kit they sell at a fraction of the price. I still think it would be a good option for me but was also put off by the price. If I do go forward with this I'd be looking for only two.

What were you thinking on price?

thamax
06-04-2013, 10:18 PM
I ran that way for 2 years go with valves or add pumps I added 3 Johnson 720 gph and put the stock pumps on valves I can load 4,000lbs I under 6 mins and unload In 7-8 mins before 15-20 mins with the overflow setup

bturner2
06-05-2013, 06:42 AM
Yeah something about the overflow setup just isn't spinning my prop. The tanks fill from the bottom so the way I'm thinking (which could be completely wrong) is that the more water I put in the tank, the harder (and slower) the tank will fill. I mean wouldn't you be pushing the weight of the water in the full tank plus add the restriction going through that tubing to fill the secondary bag?

I'm willing to bet that the flow rate directly from the pump would be higher than what's coming out my overflow. Oh well for now that project is on the back burner unless I can come up with cheaper valves. I'm trying to do less work and more skiing on the boat at this point.

thamax
06-05-2013, 01:21 PM
yes thats correct and with the overflow setup it will never fully drain the bags with extra pumps directly to the bags it suck them flat and totally empty u can try it overflow setups are super cheap just add hose but what you get is not worth it. I have about $1200 in the add on system but I burn fuel for a 1 hr every trip loading ballast adds up it uses a bout 5 gph when loading ballast at 1200 rpm $1200/$4.00 a gallon for fuel it will take 300 trips to pay for itself but if we change ballast levels or go to wakeboarding setup it goes up i know it will pay for its self in less then 2 years and know it works right and functions right