PDA

View Full Version : favorite childhood toys

milkmania
09-29-2005, 03:11 PM
growing up, what were your favorite toys?

I'll never forget my Evel Knievel Stunt Cycle:o

it's right up there with my matchbox/hot wheels' cars

jraben8
09-29-2005, 03:13 PM
OMG! I had one of those! Plus the rocket that he would sit in.

east tx skier
09-29-2005, 03:24 PM
I had the generic version of it. Awesome. Used to build ramps and try to jump him over block towers that he could never quite clear.

The old toy I'm going to mention is the thing that got the most oohs and ahhs---my grandfather, one Christmas, showed up with the 7 foot long GI Joe Air Craft Carrier U.S.S. Flagg (http://www.yojoe.com/vehicles/85/ussflagg/) . Played with it long after I'd pretty much outgrown GI Joe thanks to Top Gun.

X2M
09-29-2005, 03:29 PM
My inlaws saved that set from when their boys were young. My girls now get to play with it when they go to Grandma & Papa's house. My husband had to explain who he was to them though. They have enjoyed it a lot. But, our Evel Knievel is not in as good shape as that one. His head sometime falls off during those really big jumps. :D :D

jraben8
09-29-2005, 03:37 PM
I also had the electric football set with all of the teams that would have the outrageously loud buzz as the field vibrated. That probably got the most use.

Danimal
09-29-2005, 03:37 PM
Ah yes... the summer of 1976 and my favorite toy!!

http://www.gasolinealleyantiques.com/images/Potpourri%20Page/petrock-brown.JPG

I would sing songs to my Pet Rock while playing with my Donny and Marie record player

http://landofos.com/collectn/yellow.jpg

bcampbe7
09-29-2005, 03:44 PM
Ah yes... the summer of 1976 and my favorite toy!!

http://www.gasolinealleyantiques.com/images/Potpourri%20Page/petrock-brown.JPG

I would sing songs to my Pet Rock while playing with my Donny and Marie record player

http://landofos.com/collectn/yellow.jpg

I am going to quote that before you have a chance to delete it! :D

I had a couple favorite toys as a child.
My BMX bike, RC cars, vibrating football as mentioned earlier, Atari, etc...

Danimal
09-29-2005, 03:48 PM
My childhood needs were simple :D

RexDog
09-29-2005, 04:15 PM
We Would Play For Hours With Rock em Sock em Robots
We Would Have 10 Person Tournaments :banana: :banana:

Oooooohhh Toys Are Just Fun :toast:

bradamerry
09-29-2005, 04:23 PM
I only needed one toy as a kid...

Daisey Red Raider BB gun. Mom stills wonders what happened to all the birds...

milkmania
09-29-2005, 04:37 PM
I remember I had one of these.....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v14/scottobear/LJstuff/081203/buggy.jpg

milkmania
09-29-2005, 04:39 PM
I also had the electric football set with all of the teams that would have the outrageously loud buzz as the field vibrated. That probably got the most use.

I had one of those!!!!

I remember getting my a$$ beat with a piece of hotwheels track:cry:

Danimal
09-29-2005, 04:45 PM
I only needed one toy as a kid...

Daisey Red Raider BB gun. Mom stills wonders what happened to all the birds...

hehe Click Me (http://wilstar.com/midi/shooteye.wav)

bradamerry
09-29-2005, 04:50 PM
Come on, who had one of these???? :popcorn:

Danimal
09-29-2005, 04:51 PM
Hey Brad... is that Mags house boat he keeps talking about?

bradamerry
09-29-2005, 04:57 PM
Hey Brad... is that Mags house boat he keeps talking about?
Maybe, but this could be somebody's master???

maristarman
09-29-2005, 04:59 PM
Some of the most manly toys ever created.

RexDog
09-29-2005, 04:59 PM
Getting My A$$ Beat With A Hot Wheel Track
OOOHHHH The Memories

To This Day My Mom Thinks I Deserve It :eek:
She Was Right, I Deserve It :rolleyes:

Danimal
09-29-2005, 05:18 PM
My favorite Holloween costume... The, always scary, Sleestack from Land of the Lost:eek:

http://www.alexinwonderland.com/images/sleestak1.jpg

lakes Rick
09-29-2005, 05:32 PM
Its gonna be a long winter on here!!!!!

east tx skier
09-29-2005, 05:59 PM
Speaking of which, we got our first cool snap here this morning. I love watching dogs come in the house that first morning it cools off (don't have dogs anymore, but I still like thinking about that). Looks like only a few more months of the season without consideringa wet suit.

bradamerry
09-29-2005, 06:00 PM
Its gonna be a long winter on here!!!!!
It is already looking that way Mr. Lakes.............. :popcorn:

Leroy
09-29-2005, 07:28 PM
If there is such a generic look, they look like terrorist!

Some of the most manly toys ever created.

jimmer2880
09-29-2005, 07:43 PM
I remember I had one of these.....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v14/scottobear/LJstuff/081203/buggy.jpg

I sure wish I still had my old lunch box. It was that exact one. Sure is bring back memories. I used to stare all lunch period looking at speed buggy going up the cliff on the side of the box.

jimmer2880
09-29-2005, 07:44 PM
growing up, what were your favorite toys?

I'll never forget my Evel Knievel Stunt Cycle:o

it's right up there with my matchbox/hot wheels' cars

me too! That thing was indestructible... I would know - I jumped that thing down the stairs all the time. Quite amazing how far it would make it.

Workin' 4 Toys
09-29-2005, 07:45 PM
Rubik's cube, hacky sack, and Lego's.

AirJunky
09-29-2005, 07:59 PM
Rubik's cube, hacky sack, and Lego's.
Childhood? Wait a second...... I still have a Rubik's Cube & a hacky sack!!

Workin' 4 Toys
09-29-2005, 08:02 PM
Same here. I still have all three. Stinks they don't make the rubiks the quality they use to. Man, to take the old ones apart was impossible, the new ones practically fall apart by themselves.

sassydog
09-29-2005, 09:18 PM
i'm a younin' so in my days you were either into Ghostbuster or Ninja Turtles. race and gender never exhisted, it was like the Hatfields and McCoys. Gangs of 6-10 year olds roamed the streets, battling out with plastic figurines. sure ghostbusters had guns and badass brown jumpsiuts, but the turtles were ninjas, c'mon NINJAS!!!. i was a ninja turtle fan myself. i had all four of them, plus all the accesories, and even the halloween costume. i'll occasionally sleep on the old ninja turtle sheets, when i want to rememiss

Hoosier Bob
09-29-2005, 10:13 PM
I hope you also had the Evil Knievel Van! The jump attached to the back and he would jump the van.me too! That thing was indestructible... I would know - I jumped that thing down the stairs all the time. Quite amazing how far it would make it.

Hoosier Bob
09-29-2005, 10:20 PM
I still have almost all of the Tudor NFL Football teams from the early 70's. Big Jim was cool. The James West Collection was cool. The all time favorite would have to be Hot Wheels! Always cheap and always a good time! Dad would fill up at Sunoco and I would get a new Hot Wheel! Gas was around .27 a gallon and the old GTO would run through it! :dance:

LakePirate
09-29-2005, 10:43 PM
My General Lee Big Wheel

Farmer Ted
09-29-2005, 10:44 PM
The best spin outs....

bcampbe7
09-29-2005, 10:54 PM
The best spin outs....

I rode one of those around Toys R' Us last year. Not as easy to rise as I had remembered. Could have been the gut pressing against the steering levers adn my knees pressed against my ears, I don't know. :D

jj209
09-30-2005, 12:03 AM
Had a BMX bike w/ a shock in the frame. Tried jumping anything & everything. Fortunately todays youth have shocks on the forks...........ouch my wrists hurt remembering those days.

RickDV
09-30-2005, 12:14 AM
GI Joe
HO race cars
Hot Wheels
Daisy BB gun
Huffy bicycle with bannana seat
Schwinn Varsity 10-speed
cheap plastic "stereo" system
frisbee
legos

milkmania
09-30-2005, 12:37 AM
I'll never forget my Schwinn Stingray.....
http://bicyclesinc.com/merchant/154/images/site/peapicker1.jpg

same color as pictured!

I remember once "poppin' a wheelie" the front tire came off, I wiped out and somehow the front fork came down and almost chopped a finger off my right hand, the finger was hanging on by meat only.

everytime I rub that scar, I remember the Stingray

but yeah, I had the tassles:o
http://www.thecabe.com/museum/new5.jpg

milkmania
09-30-2005, 12:41 AM
did anyone have a Swinger????

freaking deathtraps!!!

http://www.wooljersey.com/albums/album67/swing.jpg

http://www.dragsterbikes.com/uploads/358.jpg

Farmer Ted
09-30-2005, 09:07 AM
Can't forget about AFX race car tracks, we'd take the whole day setting up a track that ran through the entrire basement.

sizzler
09-30-2005, 09:16 AM
we had scalectrix racing cars.......how i miss'em

Leroy
09-30-2005, 09:51 AM
HO slot cars were the best, taking apart to clean the brushes and comutator....

Leroy
09-30-2005, 09:56 AM
I always wanted, but never could have a BB gun, parents said they were to dangerous. But I could still tear up stuff pretty good with my 22, the 410 and ithaca 20 gauge pump......oh to live in the country again!

jraben8
09-30-2005, 10:20 AM
Nerf Hoops and all of the paint on the floor that was scratched off my bedroom door from dunk contests...

Footin
09-30-2005, 10:22 AM
Vertibird helicopter.

River Rat
09-30-2005, 10:24 AM
I had one of those!!!!

I remember getting my a$$ beat with a piece of hotwheels track:cry:

After getting in trouble one day I thought it would be to my benifit to to hide the belts :eek: When my mom found that piece of orange race track..... oh my....... the next time I was in trouble I showed up with a belt in hand!

some lessons you learn the easy way and some the hard way :cool:

shepherd
09-30-2005, 10:29 AM
I always wanted, but never could have a BB gun, parents said they were to dangerous. But I could still tear up stuff pretty good with my 22, the 410 and ithaca 20 gauge pump......oh to live in the country again!

Wait a minute, a BB gun was too dangerous but they let you have a 22, a 410, and a 20 gauge??? :eek:

I had the same toys RickDV had. I guess it was "standard equipment" back in the day... No BB gun. My parents said they were too dangerous, too. And they wouldn't let me have a shotgun either! :mad:

River Rat
09-30-2005, 10:32 AM
Speaking of which, we got our first cool snap here this morning. I love watching dogs come in the house that first morning it cools off (don't have dogs anymore, but I still like thinking about that). Looks like only a few more months of the season without consideringa wet suit.

It arrived here this morning although there was not much cold air left! :rolleyes:

Leroy
09-30-2005, 11:27 AM
Kids will shoot BB guns at anything, but you think about where you shoot a real gun. Remember CHristmas story "you'll shoot your eye out, kid". Who hasn't been hit with a reflected BB?

Wait a minute, a BB gun was too dangerous but they let you have a 22, a 410, and a 20 gauge??? :eek:

Danimal
09-30-2005, 11:41 AM
Kids will shoot BB guns at anything, but you think about where you shoot a real gun. Who hasn't been hit with a reflected BB?

We used to have BB gun fights when we were kids. Looking back... that was stupid:cool:

Remember CHristmas story "you'll shoot your eye out, kid".

I love that movie!! You'll shoot your eye out, kid (http://wilstar.com/midi/shooteye.wav)

east tx skier
09-30-2005, 11:59 AM
The best spin outs....

Kneel before the Green Machine. The best, hands down. Big Wheel couldn't touch it.

ktn_cmu
09-30-2005, 12:12 PM
I used to have an Air Jammer Road Rammer...that thing was pretty sweet. Ever heard of it?

Danimal
09-30-2005, 12:15 PM
I used to have an Air Jammer Road Rammer...that thing was pretty sweet. Ever heard of it?

He11 yeah... I remember those. My younger brother had one.

http://www.angelfire.com/pq/philgee/images/airjammer.jpg

Andyg
09-30-2005, 12:20 PM

Oh ya I had the camper. I never did get that nice houseboat though.

ktn_cmu
09-30-2005, 01:26 PM

Yup, we had that exact houseboat, a farm, and a jeep wagoneer complete w/ woodgrain and a boat on top and towing a camper.

ktn_cmu
09-30-2005, 01:27 PM
He11 yeah... I remember those. My younger brother had one.

http://www.angelfire.com/pq/philgee/images/airjammer.jpg

Yeah, thats the one, I've still got it w/ the box, I'll have to take a picture. No one I talk to ever knows what they were...

Kevin 89MC
09-30-2005, 02:05 PM
My wife's parents bought a ton of the Fisher Price stuff - enough to make a small city in the basement. They saved it all, and because we're the first to have kids, we have it all! :D
My two girls love to play with the "little people". We've found even more at local garage sales. Houseboat, Jeep/camper/rowboat, airport, main street, cabin, farm, 2 story house, haunted house, motel, it goes on and on. If I ever get my basement finished, they can have room to get it all set up, I'll have to take a picture. I should put a MasterCraft decal on the boat!
Kevin

X2M
09-30-2005, 02:14 PM
My brother and I had a couple of Stretch Armstrongs. I remember us playing with them for hours...until we stretched them to far and all the goo came out. :o

Rockman
09-30-2005, 02:20 PM
Green machines definitely kicked A$$. I had and rode it so much the front whell was totally gone from skidding out, etc.

Star Wars guys were the big thing in my house. Still have them all including the Millenium Fulcon.

Atari games were big. Had tons of those...still have them all.

Matchbox cars...must have had almost all of them...still have a lot in boxes in the basement.

I think the best thing I can remeber (becuase it's one of my mom's favorite to tell people) were the small plastic chain saws that would have the beaded chain on the bar. My mom said I must have gone through about a half dozen of those. I would walk around trying to cut everything down. At first it started with the trees outside, then the legs on the kitchen table and then the legs on our St. Bernard. :eek3: I was probably only 3-5 at the time but that had to be a site to see.

east tx skier
09-30-2005, 03:08 PM
Rockman, I still have a phenominal star wars collection in my mom's attic. The atari 2600 is hooked up to my big screen. My wife is a pitfall junkie.

jmyers
09-30-2005, 03:11 PM
I went to pick up my son at pre school and the kids were playing with this one, so they are still around! That's not a MC behind the houseboat though! :(

east tx skier
09-30-2005, 03:18 PM
Let's not forget the Weeble tub sub.

milkmania
09-30-2005, 04:21 PM
We used to have BB gun fights when we were kids. Looking back... that was stupid:cool:

I love that movie!! You'll shoot your eye out, kid (http://wilstar.com/midi/shooteye.wav)

my little brother and I had bottle rocket fights.
when he passed away, I could still see the scar under his left eye from an exploded rocket.... in his casket. The make-up didn't hide it, it made it more pronounced.

Leroy
09-30-2005, 04:40 PM
Matchboxes rock Rockman! There is still a the plastic carrying case with dividers full of them in my mom's attic. My kids still have 2-3 shoe boxes of newer ones.

Matchbox cars...must have had almost all of them...still have a lot in boxes in the basement.

jmyers
09-30-2005, 04:54 PM
Hey Bradmerry, here's one for you! ("You will shoot your eye out!") Remember A Christmas Story!

Footin
09-30-2005, 05:10 PM
My ding-a-ling.

Rockman
09-30-2005, 05:42 PM
Rockman, I still have a phenominal star wars collection in my mom's attic. The atari 2600 is hooked up to my big screen. My wife is a pitfall junkie.

Pitfall-I think I got a T-Shirt from Finishing the game :confused: and sending in a pciture to Atari.

I know I got a T-Shirt for the same reason for the game Kaboom :headbang:

bradamerry
09-30-2005, 08:43 PM
Hey Bradmerry, here's one for you! ("You will shoot your eye out!") Remember A Christmas Story!
I had 2 as a kid.. Then I moved up to the Crossman pellet gun, look out squirrels............... :D

Danimal
09-30-2005, 11:03 PM
I know it's not a toy but how many of you used to read MAD Magazine?

Here's a site with every cover of MAD Magazine. Kind of cool to look through. I remember quite a few of the covers.

http://www.collectmad.com/madcoversite/index-covers.html

Hoosier Bob
09-30-2005, 11:34 PM
I didn't shoot my eye out but I blew my front tooth out! Shot it right out of my mouth after it bounced of a tree. Had my permanent tooth for about 3 months and a cap ever since. :eek: I had 2 as a kid.. Then I moved up to the Crossman pellet gun, look out squirrels............... :D

ski_king
09-30-2005, 11:41 PM
Lincoln Logs.
Then as an adult, I got a bigger set.

erkoehler
10-01-2005, 04:09 AM
Is that cabin done now? On the water? more pics.....

ski_king
10-01-2005, 11:31 AM
Is that cabin done now? On the water? more pics.....
Yes, I have lived in it for a few years now.
Not on the water but I want to build a small one someday if I find the right place.

ski_king
10-01-2005, 11:36 AM
My Red Rider BB Gun was one of my favorite toys also. I still hae one that I use to take care of pesty chipmunks.

captkidd
10-03-2005, 04:24 PM
My in-laws still have that little camper and accessories that my wife and brother-in-law had when they were kids. My son loves to play with it when we go over there.

captkidd
10-03-2005, 04:44 PM
I still have almost all of the Tudor NFL Football teams from the early 70's. Big Jim was cool. The James West Collection was cool. The all time favorite would have to be Hot Wheels! Always cheap and always a good time! Dad would fill up at Sunoco and I would get a new Hot Wheel! Gas was around .27 a gallon and the old GTO would run through it! :dance:
It sure is fun to reminisce. I had all these too. Still have the football game (I think it was Super Bowl V, Dallas & Baltimore) up in the attic. Had the James West, my brother had the Indian. Had Major Matt Mason, Big Jim (my favorite, especially with his motorcycle), and of course G.I. Joes; we also had the Jeep and the trailer with the spotlight on it. My favorites were the Testors .049 gas engine cars and planes. I still love the smell of that glow fuel, but we could never get the things to run very well. The ones I spent the most time with were the AMT, Revell, and Monogram model cars. I bet we assembled hundreds of those things. Most died with a firecracker stuck somewhere in the window, or as the result of a fiery crash. I have assembled a few NASCAR models and some motorcycle models in the past few years. Still love it, but just don't have as much time these days. Looking forward to when my son gets old enough so I can "help" him build some models.

Ric
10-03-2005, 05:34 PM
My ding-a-ling.
someone HAD to say it, didn't they Footin.

(I never thought of saying that :D )

milkmania
10-03-2005, 07:49 PM
Yes, I have lived in it for a few years now.
Not on the water but I want to build a small one someday if I find the right place.

now that's just pretty damned sharp:popcorn:

PendO
10-04-2005, 01:45 AM
probably been said, but I loved my Big Wheel!

Workin' 4 Toys
10-06-2005, 12:11 AM
I just looked at this baby on my shelf in the shed. Probably my most used toy as a kid, and I still have it:) . I think it was late 70's early 80's when we first got into RC.

Workin' 4 Toys
10-06-2005, 12:12 AM
And this was the back up when the Rc10 was down.

Workin' 4 Toys
10-06-2005, 12:14 AM
And this hornet was the backup when the grasshopper was down. Now that I am into Nitro, I can't believe I ever had fun with electrics.
Although the helicopter I would like to get is electric.

bcampbe7
10-06-2005, 09:40 AM
And this hornet was the backup when the grasshopper was down. Now that I am into Nitro, I can't believe I ever had fun with electrics.
Although the helicopter I would like to get is electric.

Nice Tim!

If you ever want to get rid of those, let me know.
I have recently gotten into RC again. Electric only for me. Have your ever tried brushless, or seen one run? Very fast and powerful.

Workin' 4 Toys
10-06-2005, 12:34 PM
Nice Tim!

If you ever want to get rid of those, let me know.
I have recently gotten into RC again. Electric only for me. Have your ever tried brushless, or seen one run? Very fast and powerful.

Currently I have the RC10(vintage), a USA1 4WDS electric(ran one time), and the newest edition HPI savageSS, I may add the dual engines over the winter if I get some time.
I am looking into the next edition, I think I am going to get a 60MPH road car, I also want a boat that is big enough to put a huge weedwacker motor in, my buddies are big into boats.
And a helicopter would be great, I drove one of the guys the other day man what a challenge.
I find myself with less and less time on my hands to fiddle with the stuff these days. Although when my kids get old enough to mess with them, it will be much easier to find the time, I hope..
I guess I get my hopes up I can keep in the hobby, but with the MC and sleds I find myself away most weekend in summer and winter and use the spring and fall for catch up on house stuff.

ski_king
10-06-2005, 12:39 PM
I have a Optima Mid that is sitting on a shelf in the basement.
I always wantd to build a RC plane, but never had the time.
A friend of mine is big into the planes and I have been with him at the fllying field a few times. Those guys have big $$ invested into the hobby. Some probobly have more invested than we do in our boats.

I watched a guy fly his RC helicopter. From what I understand it is very difficult. Described to me like trying to balance a BB on a bowling ball while holding the bowling ball on your nose.

bcampbe7
10-06-2005, 12:45 PM
Currently I have the RC10(vintage), a USA1 4WDS electric(ran one time), and the newest edition HPI savageSS, I may add the dual engines over the winter if I get some time.
I am looking into the next edition, I think I am going to get a 60MPH road car, I also want a boat that is big enough to put a huge weedwacker motor in, my buddies are big into boats.
And a helicopter would be great, I drove one of the guys the other day man what a challenge.
I find myself with less and less time on my hands to fiddle with the stuff these days. Although when my kids get old enough to mess with them, it will be much easier to find the time, I hope..
I guess I get my hopes up I can keep in the hobby, but with the MC and sleds I find myself away most weekend in summer and winter and use the spring and fall for catch up on house stuff.

That SavageSS should move along pretty good. :cool:

Check out this Savage converted to brushless!
http://www.rcpics.net/view_single.php?medid=65851

Workin' 4 Toys
10-06-2005, 06:44 PM
I have a Optima Mid that is sitting on a shelf in the basement.
I always wantd to build a RC plane, but never had the time.
A friend of mine is big into the planes and I have been with him at the fllying field a few times. Those guys have big $$ invested into the hobby. Some probobly have more invested than we do in our boats.

I watched a guy fly his RC helicopter. From what I understand it is very difficult. Described to me like trying to balance a BB on a bowling ball while holding the bowling ball on your nose.
I don't know if it would be that hard, but it is not easy. I think it is easy if you don't care if it crashes, but to get it exactly where you want it to go is tricky. And dangerous. Those blades spin like crazy and are sharp. It was fun. but it will take lots of practice to be good at it. Maybe I should start with the flight simulator.

Workin' 4 Toys
10-06-2005, 06:52 PM
That SavageSS should move along pretty good. :cool:

It does awesome wheelies. AWD and does wheelies as far as you want. I have built a ramp 4 feet tall for jumping, it will fly about 40 feet or so if I hit the ramp at about 30mph, at about 40 mph it bottoms out on the ramp and doesn't go as far. It is cool. Almost always lands rubber side down.
There is an outdoor track a few miles from me I might take it to someday. But the ramps are tiny compared to mine.

milkmania
10-17-2005, 05:47 PM
I almost forgot.....we got one of these when I was a kid....
but, it was blue

http://www.atocha1622.com/hondatrail70com/CT70Re1.jpg

ski_king
10-17-2005, 05:51 PM
Had one of these, it was a blast.http://adaholic.com/fullaccess/137_I1.jpg

captkidd
10-17-2005, 05:58 PM
I almost forgot.....we got one of these when I was a kid....
but, it was blue

http://www.atocha1622.com/hondatrail70com/CT70Re1.jpg
I had one of those CT70's too, but mine was sort of a gold color, and it was a 3-speed automatic. My brother had one identical to mine, and our next-door neighbor had one that looked just like the one in the picture. We kept the woods hot riding those things over the trails we built. Had much worse crashes on my CT70 than on my CR125R racing bike. The handlebars were so narrow that you really couldn't get any good leverage on them to prevent crashes; they did make it easier to go through the woods though.

betsy&david Harrison
10-20-2005, 11:42 PM
I know I'm behind on my posts... but, my favorite kid toys were my schwinn bike with the banana seat and my roller skates. We now have a Honda Trail 90 that we stumbled upon a few years ago. It is all original and is orange. B

stump
10-21-2005, 12:03 AM
Just checked out this thread for the first time. The Evel Knievel Stunt Cycle? I've regressed 30 years to Xmas morning and I'm still wondering why the he## I wore those silly-lookin' pajamas! Seriously, I loved that toy, but if you really wanna kill me, someone post a pic of those MX bicycles with the front hydraulic shocks and the springers out back! Mine got stolen out of our yard!!! (still recovering) Thanks for the memories!

erkoehler
10-21-2005, 01:22 AM
Are you still a child at the age of 20? If so, my Mastercraft is my favorite childhood toy.

If 20 is too old, then it is my 2003 Arctic Cat Firecat 700 snowmobile which I got when I was 17.

Workin' 4 Toys
10-23-2005, 11:03 PM
This was probably one of my favorites. I wasn't considering vehicles toys at first. Had a 1982 suzuki 50cc dirtbike, and I think it was an 83 suzuki quad runner 135. My brother had a 230 quad racer at the time and a honda odyssey.

milkmania
10-24-2005, 12:43 AM
This was probably one of my favorites. I wasn't considering vehicles toys at first. Had a 1982 suzuki 50cc dirtbike, and I think it was an 83 suzuki quad runner 135. My brother had a 230 quad racer at the time and a honda odyssey.

I think it was a poor move on honda's part to remove the odyssey and pilot!

erkoehler
10-24-2005, 01:03 AM
Gotta love that suspension on those sleds.

Workin' 4 Toys
10-24-2005, 10:07 AM
I think it was a poor move on honda's part to remove the odyssey and pilot!
Thats for sure. It was alot of fun. There used to be (gone now due to overpopulation) a clay race track here that use to let them race. It was the best racing I had ever seen. Because they used to roll over and bounce off one another over the jumps. It was funny. Kind of slow machines, but very funny. Must have been due to the lack of suspension when hitting the jumps.

Workin' 4 Toys
10-24-2005, 10:09 AM
Gotta love that suspension on those sleds.
My first kitty cat was a 1972. The best year in my opinion, thats why I just picked up a 72 for my little one and now in process of a restoration.

east tx skier
04-01-2011, 06:53 PM
This thread needs to be revived! Who's up for some crossbows and catapults!?!

http://coolandcollected.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/crossbowsandcatapults.jpg

smoketu
04-01-2011, 10:40 PM
The sandbox was the best. I could play with my farm tractors and construction equipment for hours.

Cmpdman
04-03-2011, 10:30 PM
Evil kinevil motorcycle - wind up & let go. 4-5 yrs old. Got me started on bikes long ago.

Double D
04-03-2011, 10:51 PM
The sandbox was the best. I could play with my farm tractors and construction equipment for hours.

Agreed!! Take a hoe (garden tool), make roads and play all day!

TOO-TALL
04-03-2011, 11:27 PM
Lego's,Star Wars stuff.

I also agree..... the sand box with farm toys.

smoketu
04-04-2011, 08:38 AM
All fun and games until the cat used it as a litter box.

Willski
04-04-2011, 10:06 AM
Lego's,Star Wars stuff.

I also agree..... the sand box with farm toys.

Right there with ya. Legos, Star Wars stuff and matchbox cars!

LaRue
04-04-2011, 11:25 AM
Hot Wheels cars and yellow track with loop and jump...Big Jim Rescue Rig, cap guns (grew up on farm so we played Cowboys and Indians alot) playing catch with a baseball and Frisbee with dad.

bbymgr
04-04-2011, 06:43 PM
It was all about ridin' the "Big Wheel" on the driveway.

stuartmcnair
04-05-2011, 04:20 PM
the babysitters.....

ddanenberger
04-05-2011, 04:39 PM
has everyone for got one of the best vintage toys?

rock'em sock'em robots

Covi
04-05-2011, 06:58 PM
Hours and and hours spent playing this game!!!

Skipper
04-05-2011, 07:10 PM
Girls, a bottle, and a flat surface to spin it............

JMann
04-05-2011, 07:36 PM
The green machine was a favorite here.

TX.X-30 fan
04-05-2011, 07:46 PM
Girls, a bottle, and a flat surface to spin it............

The babysitter.............:confused:

ShawnE
04-06-2011, 09:40 PM
I knocked my little sister right off her fisher price scooter with this.

muskingumriverdocks
04-08-2011, 05:08 PM
Won this in a raffle in 1971, I was in the first grade. My dad bought 4 tickets for $1.00 and put my name on them. My grandparents own several hundred acres, my brothers and I rode and made trails that my kids still use today. The man that bought it is a Shriner,he still has it but will not sell it to me.