PDA

View Full Version : LT1 Fuel Pump replacement

megapea
05-16-2013, 02:43 PM
I just removed my fuel pump. ( Carter 52018056 1978A 950 Made in U.S.A. ) stamped on the body of the pump. My boat is a 1999 Maristar with the 5.7 LT1 Corvette motor. The pump is 6" long from tip to tip, and about 1 1/2" wide. I've read about the Airtex E2044 & E2065, AC Delco EP356 to be used as replacements. I called Carter (Federal Mogal ) this morning and they cross referenced it over to part number P74654M ( a fuel pump that fits Dodge Dakota's 1991-1995. The guy told me to buy the whole unit and then just strip out the pump ( because it is sold as a complete drop in unit, and I could probably save money on the auto VS marine parts ). There is so much info going around about these, and I don't know which one to get? Any help in this matter to clear this issue up would be greatly appreciated!!!

mgs96ps
05-16-2013, 04:32 PM
megapea,

Cross reference part# 556014 at www.inboardonline.com

I believe it what you need.

Item: 556014
Description: FUEL PUMP PFI - P/M + 8 HOLE
Fuel pump used in Indmar applications with 3/8" i.d. fuel lines (pump has vapor return fitting)
FUEL PUMP PFI - P/M + 8 HOLE
Fuel pump used in Indmar applications with 3/8" i.d. fuel lines (pump has vapor return fitting)
Unit of Measure: EACH
Order Quantity:

megapea
05-17-2013, 11:08 AM
Attached is pictures of my fuel pump. I just found on Rockauto.com a replacement pump for a Dodge Dakota. I was told by the rep at Carter that this was the cross reference to the numbers on my original pump seen in the pics. Performance Electric P42K for $39.79 and it looks absolutely identical to my pump, fuel line and blue housing that it fits into. Anybody heard of these or used these?

ROCKAUTO.COM
PERFORMANCE ELECTRIC Part # P42K Fuel Pump Module Repair Kit
Important - For use only with OEM fuel pump module assembly. Instructions not included.