PDA

View Full Version : Ballast Tanks Not Showing On BIG

Jonb1822
05-10-2013, 09:16 AM
Needing a little help. Recently had a new screen and Viper system installed. After 6 weeks of trial and error at the dealership I finally got the boat back. Everything works, but realized once I got it home I realized the ballast tanks are not showing on the BIG. The tanks empty and fill just fine, but I cannot see them on the screen at all. It's a 2011 X25. The dealer is not helping at the moment and if I can fix it myself that would be great. Any thoughts?

PS - I did check the connection into the viper and it looks fine.

bjames
05-10-2013, 01:38 PM
Needing a little help. Recently had a new screen and Viper system installed. After 6 weeks of trial and error at the dealership I finally got the boat back. Everything works, but realized once I got it home I realized the ballast tanks are not showing on the BIG. The tanks empty and fill just fine, but I cannot see them on the screen at all. It's a 2011 X25. The dealer is not helping at the moment and if I can fix it myself that would be great. Any thoughts?

PS - I did check the connection into the viper and it looks fine.

If I remember from my 2011 X25, there is a VDIG smaller digital display inside one of the main analog gauges. From there you may have to go into the Setup menu. Look at the options. It asks you boat model, if ballast is installed, if plug and play is installed ect. Once you set this up, it should update the BIG...

Again.. this is from memory.. feel free to correct me if im getting the 2011 and 2012 confused.:rolleyes:

Jonb1822
05-10-2013, 01:49 PM
That's the 2012. I have a buddy with a 12 and compared. Thanks for the input though.

Jonb1822
05-10-2013, 07:39 PM
Found out there is a fuse for the ballast sending unit, checke and its still good. What about the ballast sending unit it self. Could this be it and would there be three or just one for all three tanks.

mtdubb
06-16-2014, 10:58 PM
Sounds like I'm having the same problem with my 2011 X45. I see that this post is a few years old. I was hoping someone has some info into how to fix this.

mtdubb
06-17-2014, 11:59 PM
Fixed it...3 amp fuse blown in the sending unit.