PDA

View Full Version : AHHH Bouys

jpattigr
09-04-2004, 01:29 AM
Lets see some awesome lakes with bouys! This shot is taken from the hottub on the roof of a houseboat in the Shuswaps in BC. Life is grand!!

John B
09-04-2004, 01:47 AM
That is good looking water. I only count 4 balls? :confused:
Here is my course on Big Bear Lake California. :D

jpattigr
09-04-2004, 02:03 AM
Yes I only had 4 bouys at the time. I built the course the night before leaving on this trip and ran out of time to build all six. I have since completed the last two arms and know have six.
Great looking site you have there!

east tx skier
09-07-2004, 10:37 AM
I hope to have a picture of our course on Caddo Lake by next week. Still under construction.

Lots of Duck blinds built on this lake. An older one that nobody uses anymore is at the far end of where our course will be. Can anyone say "turn island."

jpattigr
09-07-2004, 10:52 AM
That will be a very cool turn Island!! I look forward to seeing a picture. This could bring a whole new meaning to make the Buoy or else, Only in Texas!

east tx skier
09-07-2004, 11:36 AM
LOL! Probably won't do much to dissipate the wakes (unless we stacked a few tires on and around it). Probably be a sweet spot to snap some pictures. There are also some stands about mid-course that would be prime picture-taking spots, too. Can't wait to get it up and running. This may prove to be the closest thing to a private lake on a public lake I can think of. The lake, as a whole, is covered with channel markers. My father-in-law's house is on a bay without the markers. There are stumps everywhere else, but not on this bay. But if you didn't know better, you'd stay away. Apart from the occassional fisherman and other people who live on the "bay," it's basically empty. We're the only people who I've ever seen ski there. And without a course, we would be skiing somewhere else.

bradamerry
09-07-2004, 11:43 AM
Tim and I are waiting for the invite, we are only 35 minutes from Caddo!! :D

east tx skier
09-07-2004, 12:04 PM
Let me make sure we get it set up right, first. Patience. My brother in law and his wife are coming up this weekend. With his help, I should be able to "Get 'r done."

jpattigr
09-07-2004, 12:14 PM
That's like my lake that I have a cottage on, it is very shallow and it scares away all the other boats. I have my course right out in front of the cottage in a channel and only have one other boat to deal with, and they are freinds down the lake that once they saw me in a ski boat bought one themselves. It is like a private lake also.

G-man
09-13-2004, 10:30 AM
you know it's going to be a good day when the lakes looks like this. Lake 3 my dock is to the left of the entry gates

John B
09-13-2004, 11:55 AM
George,
Man at looks good about as good as it gets.
But the setup time up a little short, is it?

jpattigr
09-13-2004, 01:13 PM
That a great looking setup!! :headbang:

G-man
09-13-2004, 01:15 PM
John
It depends on what your use to. Lake 3 in the photo is about 2100 long, our shortest lake is 1900, and our longest is 2300. Normally people do a straight shot into the course or you pull to the side just before 55 meter bouyswhile exiting and do a spin - circle to get up. The boats with fuel injection and gear reduction have no problems with any of the lakes. www.princetonlakespoa.com

east tx skier
09-13-2004, 03:00 PM
Well, our anchors are set. When we finally got it right, it was last night and the sun had set. Our first shot at it had a little bend in in the course (which might help a bit on 2, 4, and 6. By last night we had it straight as an arrow, and everything measured out to fractions of an inch. It was a long weekend, but our next trip will be less about work, and more about being happily humiliated by six orange balls. We anticipate setup time at about 15 minutes. Just hook the balls to the subs and go.

The fishermen looked worried all weekend, especially when we started doing test runs with the boat. The fish have started putting up for sale signs on their houses and moving across the lake.

John B
09-13-2004, 03:03 PM
George,
That's more then enough time for a good setup.
From the picture it just looks like the far side is close to shore.
I think that might be more lake then what I use. :D

Doug,
Did you get your balls in yet?? : :huh:
If you did where are the pictures?? :huh:

John B
09-13-2004, 03:06 PM
Sorry Doug your post came in when I was typing :D

G-man
09-13-2004, 03:42 PM
Doug lets see a shot when you get your balls in?

jpattigr
09-13-2004, 04:34 PM
Pictures Pictures Pictures Doug!! :D

east tx skier
09-13-2004, 05:48 PM
It'll be a couple of weeks. There are still lilly pads over half of the course, but their days are numbered. Either winter comes, and they die, or we drop this nifty little device one of the neighbors out there has behind the boat, and they die. This will be a temporary fix, but if we can keep them off the top long enough, they will eventually give up.

So now, there's a course 1/2 covered in lilly pads, with a boat path straight through it (boat makes short work of those things, too. Setup is around 500 feet, so we may be looking at a turn around start, which is quite doable.

Ric
09-14-2004, 04:49 PM
A tiny noontime ripple moves through the course

jpattigr
09-14-2004, 06:56 PM
Great Shot, Would love to be there!!

NeilM
09-14-2004, 08:50 PM
Yeah, me too...

Bert
09-16-2004, 12:53 PM
That's like my lake that I have a cottage on, it is very shallow and it scares away all the other boats. I have my course right out in front of the cottage in a channel and only have one other boat to deal with, and they are freinds down the lake that once they saw me in a ski boat bought one themselves. It is like a private lake also.
That isn't the lake I pulle the X Star with the smashed running gear off is it? near Ghost Village??

jpattigr
09-17-2004, 12:44 AM
Bert,

No the lake I amon in the summer is Muriel Lake in NE Alberta near Bonnyville. But, I boat at Ghost in the spring and fall as we live here in Cochrane.
And Yes you need to be carefull at Ghost as there are some shallow places. Where do you take your boat?

NeilM
09-17-2004, 12:49 AM
so, you can't delete your own post?

Bert
09-17-2004, 10:59 AM
Bert,

No the lake I amon in the summer is Muriel Lake in NE Alberta near Bonnyville. But, I boat at Ghost in the spring and fall as we live here in Cochrane.
And Yes you need to be carefull at Ghost as there are some shallow places. Where do you take your boat?
Usually head out to the Shuswap (just got home) or Montana for vacations. Around home it's Little Bow weekends, Chestermere (weekday mornings only) or Ghost in the evenings. Yes, from what I have seen Ghost is a place to wreck a boat. That's why I don't take mine out there. :D A couple of friend's have places in Ghost village and they keep their master crafts on the water so I just go with them to ski the course. I have my own portable course (insta slalom) but no place to put it :(

jpattigr
09-17-2004, 11:51 AM
This is the first fall that we Have not gone to the Shuswaps houseboating in 5 years and from what I saw of the weather it was a good decision!!

I went to Little Bow for the first time two weeks ago, neat lake and place! Being 10 min. to Ghost however thats where we go, I have never hit anything there and enjoy the course as no one is ever there.

If you see a red 197 Pro Tournament at ghost it's me so say hi.

Bert
09-17-2004, 04:17 PM
I have a black and white 91 prostar. Buddies have 95 purple and white prostar, 89 teal and white prostar and 98 white sportstar. Stop by out there and we will shoot the breeze. Looks like next year now, it's getting kind of cool. I am getting softer as I get older.

André
10-02-2004, 09:21 AM
Been in the water since May and about to take it out.Only lost one bouy this season(A record).
Even while sneaking up on the course ,i managed to put a roller in the picture...Should have let my girl drive...

jpattigr
10-02-2004, 12:05 PM
Awesome spot, love the leafs turning in the background. I love the countryside in Quebec, the hills and water, trees and Chez Paree

André
10-02-2004, 12:42 PM
jpattigr
LOL.
Yep,you can really enjoy the sight at Chez Paré!When was your visit in Montréal?Will be in Mackenzie BC next week...

jpattigr
10-03-2004, 01:12 AM
Andre,

I go to Montreal a couple of times a year on biz. Always in the winter however. I will be there in late Nov and again in Jan.
I always enjoy my time will in town, great food, sites and people!!

kpickett
10-03-2004, 03:50 AM
This is my favorite secret cove on Lake Shasta in CA. We set the course up two or three times a week this summer. Now, unfortunately, there's no water left in this cove.

jpattigr
10-03-2004, 10:42 AM
I hope if I am ever lucky enough to make it to Shasta I find your secert cove!!
Awesome looking spot!

kpickett
10-03-2004, 01:21 PM
Yeah, the nice thing about Shasta is that it has dozens of little arms and inlets. The lake loses about a foot a day during the summer, but that actually brings up sand bars that protect the coves from rollers from other boats. It's also a warm lake - around 80 degrees in the summer. Great place to ski.

H20skeefreek
10-03-2004, 02:56 PM
Yeah, the nice thing about Shasta is that it has dozens of little arms and inlets. The lake loses about a foot a day during the summer, but that actually brings up sand bars that protect the coves from rollers from other boats. It's also a warm lake - around 80 degrees in the summer. Great place to ski.

a foot a day?? holy cow!!

the nice thing is, when the cove is empty you could have the anchors for the course installed and surveyed. make it perfect.