PDA

View Full Version : Harolds back!!!!!!!!!!! Jr.

SkiDog
05-08-2013, 09:42 PM
Well this section say's 'Let us know what you think'. so here goes.
This NEW rule concerning the classified section and only allowing the OP's to post is a crock of WARM BS! There's 7683 members on this damn forum and 1 or 2 complain about something and then somebody has to go and modify the damn rules to please a few whinners! What the hell is this place coming to? This reminds me of the ACLU! Won't be long now that if you own a special edition prostar with the American Flag on it, you're not gonna be able to post pics of it on here! Thats where this is headed! COMMON SENSE! Where has it gone? JEEZ! I've been telling y'all that Harold's back! This is proof!:mad:

D3skier
05-08-2013, 09:58 PM
well said Dawg!!!

occva
05-08-2013, 10:09 PM
Amen!

snork
05-08-2013, 10:09 PM
scratch'n my head about this myself

ZachDaddy
05-08-2013, 10:17 PM
+1...I'm glad you said what most are thinking.

ttu
05-08-2013, 10:17 PM
dang dog! I thought for a second that Harold was really coming back! my biggest gripe are people who post on teamtalk that they are looking for a certain mc and a lot of us try to help and the person never comes back.:rolleyes:

ski/hunt
05-08-2013, 10:31 PM
It only takes one bad apple to ruin a bunch!! I suggest that the one who seeks the assistance of a mod to make new rules on his/HER behalf, because HER little feelings got hurt, should be asked to remove Her add in the classified section and go to Craigslist and not visit TT if their skin is sooooo thin-----but what do I know??

Aric'sX15
05-08-2013, 11:04 PM
this p*sses me off......

Double D
05-08-2013, 11:28 PM
+1...I'm glad you said what most are thinking.

Hmmmmm..... I kinda thought that's what I said in post #23. OK, did I spell whiners wrong?? :D:D

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showpost.php?p=933469&postcount=23

Sodar
05-09-2013, 12:02 AM
I think a reasonable compromise has been made to keep both sides of the table happy. Lets see how it works out for a couple weeks.

As far as the Harold comments go.. grow up and move on!

SkiDog
05-09-2013, 07:00 AM
I think a reasonable compromise has been made to keep both sides of the table happy. Lets see how it works out for a couple weeks.

As far as the Harold comments go.. grow up and move on!

I don't need to grow up. I'm 55. think I've done plenty of that. This appears to be the same kinda thing thats happened in the past when #1 was here and trying to run this place as if it was his own. Seems to me that ALL that have posted concerning this agenda, agree with what I said. Let me reiterate, DO NOT let a couple of newbies that come on here and start complaining, to dictate to the mods that things need to change. Reminds me of our leaders in Washington! No prayer or Pledge of Allegiance in school just because of a few idiots! THATS WHAT WE HAVE HERE.

pmikler
05-09-2013, 08:31 AM
Watch me as I walk this tight rope..... and most likely fall off

I agree with everybody.

I have a problem with the people that run and complain- If you don't like the advice your getting go somewhere else. But I also have a problem with people that post the "You have your boat priced to high and here is why" posts. If you are looking out for them send them a PM but don't post it- It seems extremely rude to me.

Maybe the boat isn't worth that 1k over market in the aggregate or to you but it might be to the buyer if for that extra 1k he can put his eyes on it and not drive 1200mile round trip to get the same boat for a little less.

In short if your trying to help a seller out on value send him a pm and dont ****...err ...boat...ok new term "bock block" him - This policy seems to line up with keeping people from not being rude (imo). And me and my 96 post newbie status are ok with that.

BrianM
05-09-2013, 08:54 AM
This new rule for classifieds is stupid. A 'fix' for a non problem.

What really needed to change in the classifieds is requiring a location and price.

Double D
05-09-2013, 10:19 AM
Any one see the nice black MC that dvsone79 posted in TeamTalk > Classifieds Buy/Sell > For Sale: Boats.

Because of these new rules we cant comment on it!! So MOD, now you need to move it since he saw it and threw it up for comments. Since he is not the seller how does that work?

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=54188

snork
05-09-2013, 10:21 AM
:mad: This is a Democratic fix if I ever seen one, whats a move like this go'n to accomplish other than wipe a couple of tears away from the spineless, entitlement wimps, cry babies
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Sodar
05-09-2013, 10:31 AM
Well this section say's 'Let us know what you think'. so here goes.
This NEW rule concerning the classified section and only allowing the OP's to post is a crock of WARM BS! There's 7683 members on this damn forum and 1 or 2 complain about something and then somebody has to go and modify the damn rules to please a few whinners! What the hell is this place coming to? This reminds me of the ACLU! Won't be long now that if you own a special edition prostar with the American Flag on it, you're not gonna be able to post pics of it on here! Thats where this is headed! COMMON SENSE! Where has it gone? JEEZ! I've been telling y'all that Harold's back! This is proof!:mad:

I don't know. I still think you have some maturing to do.

I am not a nut that fell from any tree and I am not of Harold's loins.

As far as the changes go, just give me a couple weeks to work it out. The way you guys are talking you'd think I killed your first born.

As an end note, the reason why there have only been 10 or so people who have expressed their displeasure is because the others who take issue with it are being bombarded by being called pussies, wussies and the fault of America. Relax a little and just let it play out.

I've done a lot for this forum and continue to try to do my best to keep everyone happy and everyone included. I am nothing like #1 and never will be. Sorry to upset, but that is a fact.

CantRepeat
05-09-2013, 10:48 AM
I wonder how Harold's tomatoes are doing this summer.

JohnE
05-09-2013, 10:54 AM
Lets just give the new format a week or so to see how it works. We can't please everyone here and I have always thought that running to the mods with any complaint is ridiculous. If you have a problem with a post deal with it on your own either on open forum or via pm. We don't need to referee a first grade spat between members. I voiced my position on this topic already, but lets leave it be for now.

Traxx822
05-09-2013, 10:56 AM
This seems like an odd move. What's the penalty for not following the rules? Or have they made it so that only the OP can actually post.

I do understand the issue of people not wanting to be ousted by value mongers in open forum. But if you post in open forum that is the consequence you chose.

It may also reveal to the OP through postings of others, missing pieces, improper value, damages, or misleading information. That now will open the classified section to more deceptive advertising. 0.02

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk 2

kgrove
05-09-2013, 11:03 AM
I like the idea of the separate section for "what's it worth" discussions as the for sale stuff was getting crowded out by discussion. I don't like that nobody but the OP can post to a For Sale thread. There are legitimate and desirable posts. As a seller, I'd rather have questions out for public view so I don't have to answer the same question multiple times. As a seller I also appreciate comments that are the equivalent of a wolf whistle. If there was a problem with bad posts (e.g., "your boat is priced too high") I'd rather see it addressed with a sticky post addressing proper behavior, PMs from moderators explaining expected behaviors from members, and deletion of individual and offending posts as requested by the OP. I think the new rule about OP posting only hurt rather than help the effort to sell.

I do like the What's It Worth section however. That was needed.

SSMoose
05-09-2013, 11:05 AM
A place to vent is wonderful! Lets all try to use this thread to get rid of our stress and complaints so that we can be nice everywhere else. Somehow it all sounds good so far. Lets see where it goes from here then make an informed decision. Who knows, it may even be a good thing. Sodar has done what he thinks is the right thing so before we all blow him off give it at least a sucker's chance.:)

JohnE
05-09-2013, 11:13 AM
I would welcome opinions via pm on whether comments in the ads are beneficial. Sodar does more than most even realize for this forum. Whether the new solution is beneficial or not remains to be seen, but he does work hard here. I imagine he would welcome your opinions on how the place can be improved. Don't confuse that with running to him with complaints.

Sodar
05-09-2013, 11:17 AM
For those who have PM'ed me supporting my decision and complimenting the work I do here, I humbly appreciate it. It means a lot... especially on days like these when old "friends" suddenly make you their worst enemy.

Here is the way I see it. Some guy comes in and posts a for sale ad. Someone with some real interest, likes the boat and opens a thread here (http://mastercraft.com/teamtalk/forumdisplay.php?f=64) asking for people's opinions on the boat.

Now, the membership can have their way with it. Ugly color, price too high, etc, etc. The original poster's for sale ad continues undisturbed for future potential buyers to view the pretty pictures and nicely written ad, while the other thread contains a critique. Everyone is happy and everyone gets what they want.

rodltg2
05-09-2013, 11:20 AM
Just go to DS. We can laugh and point fingers at the boat there. !

SSMoose
05-09-2013, 11:22 AM
For those who have PM'ed me supporting my decision and complimenting the work I do here, I humbly appreciate it. It means a lot... especially on days like these when old "friends" suddenly make you their worst enemy.

Here is the way I see it. Some guy comes in and posts a for sale ad. Someone with some real interest, likes the boat and opens a thread here (http://mastercraft.com/teamtalk/forumdisplay.php?f=64) asking for people's opinions on the boat.

Now, the membership can have their way with it. Ugly color, price too high, etc, etc. The original poster's for sale ad continues undisturbed for future potential buyers to view the pretty pictures and nicely written ad, while the other thread contains a critique. Everyone is happy and everyone gets what they want.

Thanks, Sodar, for the detailed explanation of your changes. Now maybe there can be a little harmony in the forum again. I think this will give all parties equal time and space to post.

thatsmrmastercraft
05-09-2013, 11:23 AM

This seems reasonable enough to me. We all know how threads can get carried away, especially in the off season, and would hate to hamper someone's sale due to me/us having some keyboard fun.

Sodar
05-09-2013, 12:02 PM
I've just turned everything back to the way it was.

I've also posted some posting guidelines. Please read them!

http://mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=54192

Double D
05-09-2013, 12:15 PM

Thanks for all the hard work and patience with us "arm chair mods"... :D

cbryan70
05-09-2013, 12:18 PM
I think we should just take the "report a post" icon off and be done with it.

Sodar
05-09-2013, 12:20 PM
I think we should just take the "report a post" icon off and be done with it.

I think I should ban you for using it! 8p

cbryan70
05-09-2013, 12:21 PM
I think I should ban you for using it! 8p

Hey I thought your post was inappropriate

BrianM
05-09-2013, 12:50 PM

Perfect.

Traxx822
05-09-2013, 01:09 PM
Yup looks good to me. Just one question. It says boats only. Is there a sub section for accessories or parts? Or does the rules post need edited to include that?

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk 2

Sodar
05-09-2013, 01:14 PM
We've got them all....

http://mastercraft.com/teamtalk/forumdisplay.php?f=54

TayMC197
05-09-2013, 01:30 PM
I'm making it a goal to offend everyone I can in the most non offensive way! Let the party begin.

snork
05-09-2013, 01:58 PM
That Stinks Tay

snork
05-09-2013, 02:06 PM

"If your comments are found to be rude or offensive "
can you be little more specific? this could be viewed as subjective

TayMC197
05-09-2013, 02:29 PM
That Stinks Tay

Kind of fun actually.

Ryan
05-09-2013, 02:54 PM
edit:

I prefer to uphold the brand positioning with some classy behavior on the board. AND we as a group should be 'easy-to-do-business-with' for MC and don't need to turn this non-issue into a big uprising nor be the cause of calls/emails to MC caused by some jerk-posts. "success is knowing how to get along with people." (Theodore Roosevelt) Mods shouldn't have to police bone-headed posts. What's wrong with being respectful on pricing, to the mods (who are often in a tough spot), and to MC who hosts this site. Yes, free-for-all behavior exists in other forums - so what. It has nothing to do with your unalienable rights or free-press for that matter.

Edit: Looks like Cameron fixed the concerns I had. Nice write up on the rules.

coz
05-09-2013, 04:23 PM
I wonder how Harold's tomatoes are doing this summer.

He did make a good looking BLT with them babies :D

thatsmrmastercraft
05-09-2013, 04:37 PM
He did make a good looking BLT with them babies :D

He did know his tomatoes.

east tx skier
05-09-2013, 04:39 PM
Cameron, I'm continually amazed you continue to do this job. My hat's off to you, sir. Thanks for doing the job.

bobx1
05-09-2013, 06:56 PM

Cam (aka Sodar):

First, thanks to you and all the mods for your work and thanks to MC for hosting this site!

Next, here is an idea for you to consider that may help eliminate some of the concerns voiced by various members and moderators.

STEP #1 Prior to allowing a person to become a member of TeamTalk, have the perspective member fill out a lengthy application asking various questions. For example:

Who did you vote for in the last presidential election?

Do you think having a tower on a ski boat is acceptable?

Are you a member of the NRA?

How patient are you with newbies at a boat ramp?

What is your religious affiliation?

Do you think the Mailbu Surfgate system is just marketing BS or a true innovation?

Do you know the lyrics to any Justin Bieber song?

Do you think it takes skill to wake surf?

Do you think you can tow a boat with a 2 wheel drive half-ton pickup?

Do you own a jet ski?

Did your parents spank you as a child?

Do you allow shoes or Cheetos in your boat?

Did you have a part time job in high school?

Do you wax the bottom or your boat?

Do you own your boat or did your parents give it to you?

If you drink alcohol, is your favorite drink usually served with an umbrella?

Do you hang out and regularly post on Wakeworld?

Do you use Twitter?

Do you think the back of a boat should be strapped down when in tow?

If you could only get your information from one source, would it be Fox News or MSNBC?

When you last saw a sunrise, was it intentional (because you woke early to catch the
morning glass) or was it unintentional (because you had not been to sleep yet)?

Which truck do you think is better? Ford, Chevrolet/GMC, Dodge, Toyota, Nissan (circle only one)

If invited on a boat with friends, would you offer to chip in for gas and do you bring your own towel or do expect the host to provide these items for you?

What do you think about fishermen?

Would you be willing to provide a CURRENT picture of your Teak Platform?

What is your position on the deficit?

If you were in charge of choosing the destination for your honeymoon or 25th wedding anniversary, would you contact the resort to see what type of watersports were available and make your decision based solely on their answer?

Do you, or anyone you know, own a towable/tube?

Do you know who Ginger or Mary Ann is? If yes, which one would you choose if stranded on a deserted island?

STEP #2 - Once they answer the questionnaire, it could be run through some type of profiling software which then could decide if the person should be eligible for membership.

STEP #3 - If the computer program determines the applicant is eligible for membership, then the software could assign them a member type.

The forum interface and thread access could be tailored to their member type/profile and then in theory, everyone would get along.

thatsmrmastercraft
05-09-2013, 07:25 PM
Cam (aka Sodar):

First, thanks to you and all the mods for your work and thanks to MC for hosting this site!

Next, here is an idea for you to consider that may help eliminate some of the concerns voiced by various members and moderators.

STEP #1 Prior to allowing a person to become a member of TeamTalk, have the perspective member fill out a lengthy application asking various questions. For example:

Who did you vote for in the last presidential election?

Do you think having a tower on a ski boat is acceptable?

Are you a member of the NRA?

How patient are you with newbies at a boat ramp?

What is your religious affiliation?

Do you think the Mailbu Surfgate system is just marketing BS or a true innovation?

Do you know the lyrics to any Justin Bieber song?

Do you think it takes skill to wake surf?

Do you think you can tow a boat with a 2 wheel drive half-ton pickup?

Do you own a jet ski?

Did your parents spank you as a child?

Do you allow shoes or Cheetos in your boat?

Did you have a part time job in high school?

Do you wax the bottom or your boat?

Do you own your boat or did your parents give it to you?

If you drink alcohol, is your favorite drink usually served with an umbrella?

Do you hang out and regularly post on Wakeworld?

Do you use Twitter?

Do you think the back of a boat should be strapped down when in tow?

If you could only get your information from one source, would it be Fox News or MSNBC?

When you last saw a sunrise, was it intentional (because you woke early to catch the
morning glass) or was it unintentional (because you had not been to sleep yet)?

Which truck do you think is better? Ford, Chevrolet/GMC, Dodge, Toyota, Nissan (circle only one)

If invited on a boat with friends, would you offer to chip in for gas and do you bring your own towel or do expect the host to provide these items for you?

What do you think about fishermen?

Would you be willing to provide a CURRENT picture of your Teak Platform?

What is your position on the deficit?

If you were in charge of choosing the destination for your honeymoon or 25th wedding anniversary, would you contact the resort to see what type of watersports were available and make your decision based solely on their answer?

Do you, or anyone you know, own a towable/tube?

Do you know who Ginger or Mary Ann is? If yes, which one would you choose if stranded on a deserted island?

STEP #2 - Once they answer the questionnaire, it could be run through some type of profiling software which then could decide if the person should be eligible for membership.

STEP #3 - If the computer program determines the applicant is eligible for membership, then the software could assign them a member type.

The forum interface and thread access could be tailored to their member type/profile and then in theory, everyone would get along.

Wow, you have clearly given this some serious thought.

ZachDaddy
05-09-2013, 09:24 PM
after the provide perspective....I read the post about "hey your price is to high" and thought thats not your problem.

I'm all for stopping the boo hoo'er on this site. I like to publicly say I was wrong and did not understand the rant

If you want to see the poo poo'er on this site read the push to start thread and you'll see it in action.

I love this forum and hope its around along time...My wife feels differently :)

Tristarboarder
05-09-2013, 10:52 PM
Hah!! My wife constantly bust my balls about being on the site....if she only know the turmoil :D
Heck, this site probably caused some some divorces.......the bickering was fun to watch though

Ryan
05-09-2013, 11:54 PM
Hah!! My wife constantly bust my balls about being on the site....if she only know the turmoil :D
Heck, this site probably caused some some divorces.......the bickering was fun to watch though

Now there's a complaint no mod should have to handle.

TayMC197
05-10-2013, 12:24 AM
Agreed, I'm not hear to piss anyone off. I'm here to solve problems, enjoy stories and make fun of stupid people. I'm sure we all can enjoy that.

I still think the prices are to high!! Just sayin! Lol

Skipper
05-10-2013, 07:36 AM
Taylor,
How much for your boat?

bturner2
05-10-2013, 07:41 AM
Wow skip one day on this site and the place goes nuts. First off as with others I would like to say thank you to the mods and Cam in particular on this one for all the work and their efforts to make this a great place to get and share information about the boats we all love.

With that said I do have to say I do support some of the statements being made in regards to people that sign up and their first post is a ad selling their boat. Then the second or third being a PM to the mods on how they don't like something about the board or that a comment has hurt their feelings. From my perspective you're pretty much a guest here until you've contributed something other than a desire to get free advertising for a boat you want to sell. I'm pretty much of the opinion that until you reach the point where you become a contributor you should hold your comments/demands and quit whining about your hurt feelings over what one of the other kids said about your soon to be ex boat.

When I compare this forum to others I've used or monitored it has been quite well mannered and tame by comparison. The vast majority of posts I've seen or been a part of have been very helpful but there is the occasional smart a$$ remark. Big deal, get over it. Let's all be big people here. If you don't like something move on, no one is forcing you to be here or take what you may consider abuse. But please let's not bow to the PC mantra of catering to the "always offended" individual that everyone is supposed to coddle especially if it comes from someone with less than 100 posts.

Sorry about the rant but I've pretty much had it with the "tail wagging the dog" society we seem to have become and certainly don't want to see TT go that way. And besides who knows I could be completely wrong here.

quincyfirefighter
05-10-2013, 10:19 AM
Wow skip one day on this site and the place goes nuts. First off as with others I would like to say thank you to the mods and Cam in particular on this one for all the work and their efforts to make this a great place to get and share information about the boats we all love.

With that said I do have to say I do support some of the statements being made in regards to people that sign up and their first post is a ad selling their boat. Then the second or third being a PM to the mods on how they don't like something about the board or that a comment has hurt their feelings. From my perspective you're pretty much a guest here until you've contributed something other than a desire to get free advertising for a boat you want to sell. I'm pretty much of the opinion that until you reach the point where you become a contributor you should hold your comments/demands and quit whining about your hurt feelings over what one of the other kids said about your soon to be ex boat.

When I compare this forum to others I've used or monitored it has been quite well mannered and tame by comparison. The vast majority of posts I've seen or been a part of have been very helpful but there is the occasional smart a$$ remark. Big deal, get over it. Let's all be big people here. If you don't like something move on, no one is forcing you to be here or take what you may consider abuse. But please let's not bow to the PC mantra of catering to the "always offended" individual that everyone is supposed to coddle especially if it comes from someone with less than 100 posts.

Sorry about the rant but I've pretty much had it with the "tail wagging the dog" society we seem to have become and certainly don't want to see TT go that way. And besides who knows I could be completely wrong here.

WELL SAID..... I don't think you are wrong on this point. Some need to grow up and get over it. ;)

mikeg205
05-10-2013, 07:12 PM

Sodar
05-10-2013, 07:27 PM

I'd thought about setting a post count limit to post in the classified section, but then figured it is much the nature of the beast. There is just not a good way to control one time posters or few time posters that get the info they want and check out... never to return.

mikeg205
05-10-2013, 07:30 PM
Thanks Cam for doing your best... won't ever be able to please everyone...

east tx skier
05-10-2013, 07:37 PM
On CCFan, if you sell something on the site, you contribute 10% of the sale to the site on the honor system. However you guys want to run the marketplace is fine by me. I don't pi$$ and moan when someone buys me a beer and I certainly am not going to complain about a website that lets me sell my stuff without asking for compensation.

I don't have such a sense of entitlement. "But it looks great on youuuu."

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y160/pe395/caddyshack_judge_smalls_nice_hat.jpg

Keep her flying straight, gentlemen.

CantRepeat
05-10-2013, 08:02 PM
On CCFan, if you sell something on the site, you contribute 10% of the sale to the site on the honor system. However you guys want to run the marketplace is fine by me. I don't pi$$ and moan when someone buys me a beer and I certainly am not going to complain about a website that lets me sell my stuff without asking for compensation.

I don't have such a sense of entitlement. "But it looks great on youuuu."

Keep her flying straight, gentlemen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvEKRipsCpU

Cloaked
05-10-2013, 08:10 PM
I'd thought about setting a post count limit to post in the classified section, but then figured it is much the nature of the beast. There is just not a good way to control one time posters or few time posters that get the info they want and check out... never to return.There's a way..... legit and up and up with your control panel.