PDA

View Full Version : Campground Recommendations/Lake Cumberland

Danimal
09-26-2005, 01:35 PM
The wife and kids want to go camping for a week next year and we have decided on Lake Cumberland. We will be renting an RV and pulling the MC. I have seen that there are some members that have been to, or live around Lake Cumberland. Where are the hotspots for camping and are there any "lake-front" RV sites that you know of?

Hoff1
09-26-2005, 02:19 PM
I go to Cumberland almost exclusively Ė keep my boat in Jamestown. As far as RV camp sites, I am not that familiar with any, but Iím sure that are many. All of my camping is on the islands near the Lake Cumberland State Park. I know in that part of the lake, there isnít much access to the water due to the topography. I believe that there is a campsite right below the dam that accommodates RVís. As far as the best skiing and boarding, youíll want to stay near Beaver and Otter creeks in my opinion. But, the lake is big enough to find good water on just about any day. You'll probably be able to find some help on http://www.lakecumberland.com/ & http://www.lakecumberlandlive.com/.

Here's a map that might help as well.

OhioX14
09-26-2005, 02:43 PM
We have camped at Conley Bottom and the facilities are good with courtesy docks and a great marina but you'll have to motor a bit to find a creek with good water. I too feel that the best skiing is down Otter and Beaver but there are no campgrounds down there unless something new has poped up recently. My map shows a KOA up near Alligator which should have good water available or you could check with the State Park, launch from State Dock, and motor across to Otter which shouldn't take very long.

Just a couple of ideas and I hope they help.

Danimal
09-26-2005, 03:12 PM
Thanks much guys! Looks like some great info. This would be for next summer so I have plenty of time. We want to get our reservations early so we can get in the prime time.

stevo137
09-26-2005, 04:07 PM
Thanks much guys! Looks like some great info. This would be for next summer so I have plenty of time. We want to get our reservations early so we can get in the prime time.
Let me know when you are heading out.
You will drive right by my place on the way down.
I am definately taking my family there next season...

Danimal
09-26-2005, 04:10 PM
Let me know when you are heading out.
You will drive right by my place on the way down.
I am definately taking my family there next season...

Will Do! When my wife and I went to KY to pick up our boat we fell in love with the area and now the kids want to see it. It's either going to be Lake Cumberland or Dale Hollow. We haven't decided as of yet.