PDA

View Full Version : Bmini on ProStar 190

bcampbe7
07-27-2004, 09:58 AM
Anyone have pictures of their 96 ProStar 190 with a bimini? Also, where did you get the top? I can no longer get a factory top.
I have started looking for bimini tops and haven't really got a good idea of the quality of the tops. Also, I am assuming I will have to drill into my boat in order to mount the top. Is this a correct assumption?

Thanks

jimmer2880
07-27-2004, 10:21 AM
I have a 95 Prostar 190 (same hull) with a Peterson's (I think - maybe it's patersons) made with Sunbrella. It has a zipper going down the center. It works excellent! I did not install it (bought boat used). It is installed backwards (the pole that mounts to the boat is facing forward) with rigid support poles in the front. I love this setup. We frequently start out the day with the bimini folded up, then when the sun comes out, open it up for the protection.

I don't have any photos yet... I've been meaning to take some & hopefully will soon.

jimmer

jimmer2880
07-27-2004, 10:43 AM
DOH! - it is a Johnson...

Johnson tops are being discussed at http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=38

sorry....:(

captkidd
07-27-2004, 05:56 PM
I have a PS205, but the windshield layout is practically the same. The attached file shows how I mounted mine. If you want more info, let me know.

jimmer2880
07-27-2004, 06:40 PM
I have mine mounted to the hull rather the fiberglass & completely backwards (follow the pole from where it's mounted - mine goes toward the bow instead of the stern) with the rigid support poles in the front. That way when it's not folded out, you don't have to duck.

I don't think I'd own a boat without a bimini now that I've gotten used to NOT baking!.....:D

_JR
07-30-2004, 12:42 AM
Several good sites to get a bimini from, do a quick Google search and you are set.

I would suggest a Sunbrella fabric...

Oh, and a tower if you like!

Here is mine: :purplaugh

André
07-31-2004, 12:43 PM
Hey...That,s my boat!

sully
08-02-2004, 12:30 AM
We had this bimini installed this spring, it mounts to the inside of the windshield, it is a Mastercraft Bimni.
http://mediaservice.photoisland.com/auction/Aug/2004811062660496501058.jpg
http://mediaservice.photoisland.com/auction/Aug/2004818483413660060572.jpg
We have been really Happy with it.
Plus it can be easily removed. :headbang:

bikeman
08-08-2004, 10:03 PM
Anyone have pictures of their 96 ProStar 190 with a bimini? Also, where did you get the top? I can no longer get a factory top.
I have started looking for bimini tops and haven't really got a good idea of the quality of the tops. Also, I am assuming I will have to drill into my boat in order to mount the top. Is this a correct assumption?

Thanks
I have a navy bimini, johnson, sunbrella, navy, zipper and trim in white, used one season before I put tower on. I just now, after 2 years with the tower, found a bimini to fit in between the tower - I can't believe it took so long to get it back on the boat. A bimini is probably one of the best upgrades you can do. I have a 95 prostar 205, our hulls are almost identical if you want to make me an offer on it. I have pics of it installed on my boat if you're interested. E-mail direct since I don't get on the board so much - Bikeman@InLine.com