PDA

View Full Version : 1984 Stars and Stripes Carburator

joshdpierce
04-28-2013, 05:38 PM
I have a 1984 stars and stripes with the 351 Windsor and we are having an issue with the secondary's. We did the carburetor kit replacement for the 650 Holley but the secondary's cut out quite a bit. I'm curious if anybody knows what the original carburetor was cause i'm thinking this is not original and if so what size jets were supposed to be in it. The distributor was switched over to electronic so I am fairly confident that the issue is now solely in the carburetor. Any advice?

thatsmrmastercraft
04-28-2013, 06:07 PM
I have a 1984 stars and stripes with the 351 Windsor and we are having an issue with the secondary's. We did the carburetor kit replacement for the 650 Holley but the secondary's cut out quite a bit. I'm curious if anybody knows what the original carburetor was cause i'm thinking this is not original and if so what size jets were supposed to be in it. The distributor was switched over to electronic so I am fairly confident that the issue is now solely in the carburetor. Any advice?

Correct carb is a 600 cfm Holley 4160 with #66 jets. If your secondaries aren't functioning properly, you may need a new diaphragm.

joshdpierce
04-28-2013, 06:15 PM
Thank you so much for the help! We put a new diaphragm in it with the carburetor kit. We also took out the choke last week thinking it may be malfunctioning as it is the electronic choke. I will definitely look into this issue.

joshdpierce
04-28-2013, 06:21 PM
You seem like you know what your talking about here, maybe you can answer another one for me. The original carb had a 2.5 power value and the new kit came with a 6.9. Do you know what that would be? Also the secondary diaphragm didn't have the ball bearing were i know some do. We didn't put the ball bearing that came with the kit in because the original didn't have it. It has some copper or brass plug/clip. Would this affect the secondary's? Also the the secondary plate # is worn off. Where can i find a list of the original parts that came on this thing? I sincerely appreciate your help with this. I am a first time Mastercraft owner and the 351 is new to me. We have been outboard people for years.