PDA

View Full Version : Wiring schematic?

BradD
09-25-2005, 08:49 PM
Well, we've pulled the boat out for the season and it's in the garage waiting for the laundry list of things to be done that we didn't do when we bought the boat in July. As long as it floated and pulled, we we're fine.
Now, the list is quite long, with some simple things and some not so simple things.
One "simple thing" was to install a stereo...All seems hooked up...no power. I only have a ACC 2 and a ground wire, no memory wire. THe wires from the stereo have new inline fuses. The ACC switch on the dash lights up when flicked, but nothing.
I've removed the swith panel from the dash, wow what a rats nest of wires. It appears there may be a wire missing from the back of the ACC 2 switch.
On top of this, the wires to the cig lighter wires have been snipped and there are melted wires behind the dash. Thats actually one item i had the dealer look at when i brought the boat home...$80 later they had spliced out the completely melted wires, but it's still ugly back there.

Is there a wiring schematic availabe for a 1992 ProSport?

Workin' 4 Toys
09-26-2005, 01:10 AM
Well, we've pulled the boat out for the season and it's in the garage waiting for the laundry list of things to be done that we didn't do when we bought the boat in July. As long as it floated and pulled, we we're fine.
Now, the list is quite long, with some simple things and some not so simple things.
One "simple thing" was to install a stereo...All seems hooked up...no power. I only have a ACC 2 and a ground wire, no memory wire. THe wires from the stereo have new inline fuses. The ACC switch on the dash lights up when flicked, but nothing.
I've removed the swith panel from the dash, wow what a rats nest of wires. It appears there may be a wire missing from the back of the ACC 2 switch.
On top of this, the wires to the cig lighter wires have been snipped and there are melted wires behind the dash. Thats actually one item i had the dealer look at when i brought the boat home...$80 later they had spliced out the completely melted wires, but it's still ugly back there.

Is there a wiring schematic availabe for a 1992 ProSport?
No reassurance of the schematic's availability here. I find that is hard to even get an maintenance manual for any of them, let alone a wiring diagram.
Did you bench test it, or bypass the wiring just to make sure the unit is working for sure before you assume the wiring isn't right or has an issue?

rasmithaz
09-27-2005, 01:23 PM
try www.skiboathelp.com

BradD
09-27-2005, 03:59 PM
will do. thanks.