PDA

View Full Version : Polishing

Snipe
04-22-2013, 06:57 PM
I would like to lightly buff the gel on this boat with an orbital polisher. It's not real bad but it does have a little oxidation (very little). So I can wax it. Do you guys think it would destroy the Mastercraft decal on the side if I went right over it? I plan on using Turtle Polishing Compound that says it will remove Light to medium oxidation, swirl marks, and scratches. Any thoughts??

orbeamlb
04-22-2013, 10:30 PM
As long as you don't camp out on the decals you won't hurt them. They're tougher than one would think.

FrankSchwab
04-22-2013, 10:57 PM
I don't think an "orbital polisher" will cause much in the way of problem. However, the circular buffer with a Mequiars #49 oxidation remover compound took details off of my decals - not enough to destroy them, but enough that if I had any MCOCD I'd be replacing them.

epnault
04-23-2013, 06:46 AM
I like the timing of this thread since I wont be boating for a long time.

What do you guys think of the Shurhold polisher? I have read some good things but would rather have a real life opinion.

93Prostar190
04-23-2013, 07:16 AM
I have tended to baby the decals on my previous boats ..... I avoid putting the polishers on the decals, usually lose my nerve vs. on gel coat .... A little care to preserve the decals just my gut feeling.