PDA

View Full Version : Trailer Plug

meg
04-22-2013, 04:44 PM
My actual plug shell (that connects to the boat trailer) covering the wires has seperated-the part that covers the 5 (or 7) points and the base part have seperated. Can you just buy the shell?

thx

thatsmrmastercraft
04-22-2013, 04:56 PM
There is a screw that holds it in place. I assume the screw backed out and vanished. Perhaps a new machine screw to repair is the cheap route. You can't just but the shell.

CCAnderson
04-22-2013, 04:57 PM
doubtful, the shell usually slips over the wires then the actual plug attached to the wires. The shell is then slid back onto the plug. If the shell came of the front of the plug something likely broke. That being said to replace the shell you are looking at taking the plug off too so you might as well replace the entire unit.

Sodar
04-22-2013, 05:00 PM
Yes, you can. My trailer had a Pollak end on it. I purchased this to replace it with and it was a direct replacement. I just had to remove the white piece at the back of the plug and throw it away.

Here is the one I bought... http://www.etrailer.com/Wiring/Pollak/PK12706.html

meg
04-23-2013, 10:05 AM
Thanks guys-that is the one if I need to replace!!! The screw did vanish- that would be the easiest fix- Even though I have seen it a thousand times I dont recall what kind screw held it in-anybody know??

thx~