PDA

View Full Version : Hyperlite Landlock 5' 6" Surf Board

bjen
04-19-2013, 12:42 PM
Anyone have this board (I think itís called a broadcast now) and can share an opinion on how it would work for beginners or a 'boat' board, particularly for my teenage daughters, I suspect it might be too big.
I have been looking for used gear to add to my collection in the boat we just got last year and found a local guy that has sold his boat and has a TON of ropes, life-jackets, boards.
Seems like a good opportunity to gear up a little, the watersports industry is not shy when it comes to pricing.

bturner2
04-19-2013, 01:48 PM
I rode one. Good for bigger riders, very entry level board. Compression build which will stand up to a good beating. Would be good for boat guests and first timers. Unless your girls are big this is going to be a lot of board for them.

peason
04-19-2013, 04:51 PM
My kids ages 13-20 use this board and they were all beginners. It works fine for beginners and lighter weight riders.

Ironhorse
04-19-2013, 06:31 PM
I have one and everyone learning still uses it. Great first board.

bjen
04-19-2013, 06:33 PM
OK, thanks guys-I going to take a look at it tomorrow and throw him an offer, seems like used surf boards are pretty rare to find around here so I'm sure I can sell it easily enough if we don't like it.

jafo9
04-19-2013, 06:47 PM
ditto above. i have the 5'6" broadcast. great boat board. however, even my entry level inland surfer board is significantly lighter. having said that, i don't worry about the broadcast getting beat up like i do with the inland surfer.

AFX-15
04-19-2013, 08:55 PM
I have one as well... ditto on the previous statements- great board for beginners and almost anyone can ride it. Also, its a good size board so it takes a bit of effort to get it in the pocket... after that, its just a matter of hanging out. I like the board because I can also drink some beer while surfing.. just saying. I hope to surf with my 2 year old on it this summer.