PDA

View Full Version : What should new decals cost?

Jorski
09-23-2005, 10:19 AM
I am just curious after getting a quote from a boat detailer. His son-in-law is a graphic designer and he just threw a huge number at me (I think?) for replacing all of the decals on a 1993 190...so I am curious what everyone thinks this should cost.

Ryan
09-23-2005, 10:23 AM
Are you looking to get a full set from MC or made by this graphic designer?

Hoosier Bob
09-23-2005, 10:45 AM
Do they all need replaced? I picked up the side decals last year from my dealer and I believe they were around $30.00 for the pair. The newer decals (see Ryan's 190) are more. Check with your dealer or one of ours if none are close. I think you can get the set pretty cheap. :twocents: I am just curious after getting a quote from a boat detailer. His son-in-law is a graphic designer and he just threw a huge number at me (I think?) for replacing all of the decals on a 1993 190...so I am curious what everyone thinks this should cost.

Ryan
09-23-2005, 10:54 AM
Hoosier, I may have to start ordering from your dealer.

Ok, here is all I know:
-Mine wanted $125 just for the standard main sides, not including transom or PS.
-He wanted $300 just for drip mold main sides.
-I ended up getting some 91 main sides (sold them to someone on here) and a chrome non-drip mold with the boat at purchase for $85
-found my drip molds on Ebay official MC and all for about $50!

OhioProstar
09-23-2005, 11:02 AM
Check with Jim at BAWS...I think he quoted me like $20 per side decals, $15 for the Prostar decal, and $25 for the rear decal.

Jorski
09-23-2005, 11:09 AM
Are you looking to get a full set from MC or made by this graphic designer?

I am looking to replace the full set...I guess the price he quoted was for having the graphic designer make them...he wanted $300 CAD, or about 260 USD....seemed really high to me.

Ryan
09-23-2005, 11:14 AM
Check with Jim at BAWS...I think he quoted me like $20 per side decals, $15 for the Prostar decal, and $25 for the rear decal.
Holy crap! That's cheap. When I did my shopping around I only called dealers in CA and NV - all pretty consistent - HIGH PRICED.

Hoosier Bob
09-23-2005, 11:25 AM
I was pretty amazed that they were so cheap. As much as Jim does for this site we should shop there first. I believe his prices are not only fair but also w/o the BS. Making the decals sounds very costly. My local dealer has always been very fair with respects to price and locating anything I have needed. So far when I have needed parts they have been extremely reasonable. So much so I do not feel the need to shop the internet! May make me go back to the dealer so to speak! Competitive pricing? There is a thought. No more dusty stock at the local dealerships. There is another thought. :twocents:

Hunterb
09-23-2005, 03:57 PM
I had two new side decals made up for $30.00 (Canadian). I found the font after a ton of searching. I used 'Serpentine D Bold Italic'. It's not exactly the same as the original MC Font but it's very close. The graphics guy modified it a bit and it looks great. The decal material is 3M and is the best stuff that the shop could get.

Not sure if that helps or not. Good luck with your search.

Bruce

herringtech
09-24-2005, 12:37 PM
I ordered some graphics for my 98 PS205 X-Star edition. They were not cheap. They are very large graphics that take most of the side of the boat. Each side was $325 plus a small "splash" graphic that was $45 each.

I ordered them from Rambo Marine, that place was awesome to work with but not cheap. But, all the stuff is actual MC parts from the factory.

hope that helps.

Mark

erkoehler
09-24-2005, 12:41 PM
WOW, over $700 for those decals.....that is alot of coin for a sticker :eek:

herringtech
10-17-2005, 02:22 PM
I was mistaken, it only cost $325 for both large graphics and $45 for both splash graphics. Still a lot but much better than $700. My project boat is coming along...

east tx skier
10-17-2005, 02:28 PM
Got mine from Rambo Marine. 1993 original set (except the "Prostar" decals), which are apparently no longer available. Wasn't all that expensive if I recall.