PDA

View Full Version : Profile info displayed in posts?

bsloop
04-11-2013, 12:02 PM
Did I miss a change?
I thought the User's Boat was displayed in the upper right of each post along with membership registration, location etc?

If it was an assumed oversight, could this line be added?
It is present on many other forums and helps greatly to get a quick snap shot of the person giving advice.

If it is a space issue, maybe swap it for number of posts? I don't necessarily have any more respect for someone that has 3,000 posts of cheerleader comments than the quiet, lurking individual that posts when they feel motivated to contribute.

east tx skier
04-11-2013, 02:49 PM
Did I miss a change?
I thought the User's Boat was displayed in the upper right of each post along with membership registration, location etc?

If it was an assumed oversight, could this line be added?
It is present on many other forums and helps greatly to get a quick snap shot of the person giving advice.

If it is a space issue, maybe swap it for number of posts? I don't necessarily have any more respect for someone that has 3,000 posts of cheerleader comments than the quiet, lurking individual that posts when they feel motivated to contribute.

That information has never been there. Agree it would be helpful. But most of us just put it in our signatures. Alternatively, you could add the information to your "Location" so that it would show up in that field.

For example, under location, put "Buffalo, NY Boat: 1993 Pro Star 190"

/Rah rah. Go team.

milkmania
04-11-2013, 03:11 PM
oh great!
now I'll be thinking about cheerleaders all day...........

thanks a lot guys!

bsloop
04-16-2013, 02:45 PM
Thanks, I did add to my signature as I have done on other forums where more detail than basic model is the rule. But for much of the discussion here basic model / year would help a lot.

It should be as simple as adding the boat field to display in the global forum settings.
Something to think about..........

psychobilly
04-16-2013, 04:24 PM
Thanks for the hook up Eastie!

TxsRiverRat
04-16-2013, 04:36 PM
oh great!
now I'll be thinking about cheerleaders all day...........

thanks a lot guys!

sheep in skirts? What will you think of next? :D

Sodar
04-16-2013, 05:48 PM
I think I did it. Took me a while to figure out the code, but it now shows up now in each post.

bsloop
04-16-2013, 05:57 PM
I think I did it. Took me a while to figure out the code, but it now shows up now in each post.

Sweet!
I am sure it will help in peoples' discussions

You are definitely more than Cheerleader status :D

psychobilly
04-16-2013, 07:26 PM
Thanks Sodar, I dressed mine up now. Good job cuz!

jakethebt
04-16-2013, 08:06 PM
Nice work solar!