PDA

View Full Version : 2-Tone Trailers

Duane D
04-09-2013, 03:53 PM
Has anyone seen the new 2-tone versions of the trailers you can get now? I think they look really cool and you can do a lot with a color that may just be an accent on your boat.

Anyway, my boat is 90% red and my trailer is ALL red. I was thinking it might look good to take the fenders off and paint them white like the back of my boat is. All of the new 2-tone trailers I see are tandem axle though, and I am not sure if it would look the same or have the same effect on a single axle. My trailer is the top pic and the other two are pics I stole from Texas Mastercraft website. Thoughts...?

clrussell
04-09-2013, 03:57 PM
Yours might look good with white fenders, maybe some with photoshop skills can help.

That blue and black x star looks awesome!!!

Tapatalk

TayMC197
04-09-2013, 04:23 PM

Duane D
04-09-2013, 08:00 PM
Oooooo thanks Tay! That is exactly what I wanted to see. I think your fenders would look good white to match your boat but the carbon fiber is nice too. Did you wrap those in vinyl? There is/was an X2 for sale near me with a partial carbon fiber wrap along the sides. It looked good too.

Yes, clrussel, I drool over Texas MC boats all the time. They know how to order ridiculously cool color combos!

clrussell
04-09-2013, 08:15 PM
He had his hydro dipped, it'll turn out much better than paint and they could add some design to it like a white carbon fiber or just about anything else I think

Tapatalk

onewheat
04-09-2013, 08:40 PM
Love the Black/Red/Charcoal X-35 and trailer combo! LOVE IT!!!:banana::banana::banana:

Jerseydave
04-09-2013, 09:43 PM
Are those MC trailers or boatmate? I don't see a boat buddy on either one.
Whatever the case, nice looking trailers.

Personally I think your red trailer looks fine. White fenders would sorta tie the whole thing together though.

texasjet
04-09-2013, 10:46 PM
The TXMC trailers in the pics are boatmate trailers. Easiest way to tell is no MC logo and the rearmost portion of the trailer where you can step up on the platform is kinda a triangle shape vs the MC trailer being square.

jakethebt
04-09-2013, 11:02 PM
The all red looks fine, but it you were going to change anything, I would just paint the rear of the fenders to match when your boat is sitting on the trailer.

Ken
04-10-2013, 12:49 AM
A bit rough but may help.......I like the all red personally.

Ken
04-10-2013, 01:06 AM
Or possibly follow the boat scheme.....

Tristarboarder
04-10-2013, 01:28 AM
I like the last photo idea...the half red/half white to match the boat. It looks cool, and different than most. original for the year/style

medicmoose
04-10-2013, 08:31 AM
Just my opinion...I think putting white on that trailer will "cheapen" the trailer. I think it looks pretty awesome in all red!

texasjet
04-10-2013, 09:54 AM
Just my opinion...I think putting white on that trailer will "cheapen" the trailer. I think it looks pretty awesome in all red!

Agree with moose. Like the all red and would be afraid the white fenders would also take your eyes to the fenders and away from the beautiful BOAT !

Duane D
04-10-2013, 05:00 PM
Thanks for the paint shop work fellas! Of the two, I think I prefer the one with the line that matches the boat. After seeing it in the pics though I am thinking I will just leave it alone.

Thanks for all the nice comments. It's hard to keep that red clean and shiny every year!