PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Postal Service Problems

03 35th Anniversary
04-08-2013, 08:50 PM
Just in case any of you do not already know.....

The U.S. Postal Service sucks fat monkey balls!!! No wonder they are going bankrupt!!!

I emailed them through their Customer Service link, tried calling and all I got was an automated circle.

So all it seems I can do is watch this package go to and from Memphis, Tn.

88 PS190
04-08-2013, 08:53 PM
Ya it is pretty hard to get anyone from USPS - one told me the track and confirm is not actually tracking service, and that packages don't necessarily need to get scanned.

I assume you are recieving this package?

In person you can occasionally get an escalation of your complaint if you are at a large post office, the small regional ones not so much.

ncsone
04-08-2013, 09:36 PM
At least you get a tracking result. I have never been able to successfully track a package via USPS. Most of the time, it shows up in their tracking system after being delivered.

fskof
04-08-2013, 10:18 PM

The U.S. Postal Service sucks fat monkey balls!!! No wonder they are going bankrupt!!!

I emailed them through their Customer Service link, tried calling and all I got was an automated circle.

Expected Delivery By: March 28, 2013.... Wow are they using donkeys for transportation?

g-mantrix
04-08-2013, 11:06 PM
agreed! try dealing with them chasing a package all the way from Australia, had this with my prop I ordered from the US and at most of the time it did not track any further info from once it left the shipper....I just waited and 4 weeks later turned up to my delivery address...sucks bat big time

BrianM
04-09-2013, 08:12 AM
That's funny.

I shipped some ski bindings USPS Parcel Post from New Orleans to Seattle and they took 38 days to get there.

aquaman
04-09-2013, 08:20 AM
Other than letters we dont use the USPS.

UPS and FedEx get results and their tracking is accurate !

mikeg205
04-09-2013, 10:18 AM
That's funny.

I shipped some ski bindings USPS Parcel Post from New Orleans to Seattle and they took 38 days to get there.

Brain, your bad... ;) this is the official transportation vehicle for Parcel Post.

Ski-me
04-09-2013, 10:50 AM
Other than letters we dont use the USPS.

UPS and FedEx get results and their tracking is accurate !

Me too!!

I showed my wife this last night and we both just cracked up! It's amazing how poor their tracking really is.....

UPS or FedEx if it has any type of significance.

03 35th Anniversary
04-09-2013, 03:48 PM
Went to the post office... That turned out to be just as pointless as using their website...

bobx1
04-09-2013, 03:51 PM
03 35th....

Where is/was the letter trying to go? It originated in Waxahachie but what was the final destination. I want to calculate approxiamate miles traveled.

thatsmrmastercraft
04-09-2013, 03:58 PM
Expected Delivery By: March 28, 2013.... Wow are they using donkeys for transportation?

Brain, your bad... ;) this is the official transportation vehicle for Parcel Post.http://mastercraft.com/teamtalk/attachment.php?attachmentid=92682&stc=1&d=1365517114

Either of those would be faster.

03 35th Anniversary
04-09-2013, 05:06 PM
03 35th....

Where is/was the letter trying to go? It originated in Waxahachie but what was the final destination. I want to calculate approxiamate miles traveled.

Grand Terrace, Ca.

03 35th Anniversary
04-11-2013, 03:34 PM
Well it has managed to make it back to California again....

mzimme
04-11-2013, 04:15 PM
LOL this is too funny... TX, to TN, to AR, to TN, to CA, to TN, to CA, to TN, then back to CA. At least they're efficient!

Does google maps allow waypoints? Someone should map this thing out.

Double D
04-12-2013, 08:33 AM
This made me think of your thread. At least this one made it.

http://hackaday.com/2013/04/10/hacker-sends-this-through-the-mail-to-record-a-video-of-the-process/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+hackaday%2FLgoM+%28Hack+a+Day %29

bobx1
04-12-2013, 10:41 AM
9629 Miles (assming it never made it on a local delivery truck) so far. DRIVING distance from Waxahacie, TX to Grand Terrace is 1390.2 or 19 hours and 35 minutes (according to Google).

03 35th Anniversary
04-12-2013, 01:50 PM
Just checked.

Still shows to be in Bell Gardens, Ca.

Dylan
04-12-2013, 02:00 PM
Went to the post office... That turned out to be just as pointless as using their website...

Been there, done that. I feel sorry for ya having to deal with them. I have seriously learned my lesson with USPS. I really wonder what the package is going to look like when it arrives :)

wakeX2wake
04-12-2013, 03:28 PM
i have noticed many online retailers are using them much more now, or at least for their lowest tiered shipping options. must be trying to be competetive again...?

onewheat
04-12-2013, 04:15 PM
This thread totally cracks me up. I can't believe no one at the USPS can look at a printout of this thing, make a call and intercept this parcel. It is utterly ridiculous. :uglyhamme

03 35th Anniversary
04-12-2013, 06:57 PM
The guy at the Post Office told me "Well at least there is tracking on it so we know where it is at..."

That is about where it stands at now...

I started putting out redelivery notices on it to see what happens...

03 35th Anniversary
04-13-2013, 10:10 PM
After almost 10,000 miles it gets delivered on a Saturday...

thatsmrmastercraft
04-13-2013, 10:13 PM
After almost 10,000 miles it gets delivered on a Saturday...

http://renegade-cruisers.net/bb/images/smilies/rofl.gif

fskof
04-14-2013, 09:45 AM
Wow the 10,000 mile package.
I heard that the post office is asking for a tax payer handout/bailout!
You should contact your local news stations and speak to a reporter. We need to get this story out to the public.

thatsmrmastercraft
04-14-2013, 09:56 AM
Sounds like Claven job security to me.

JimN
04-14-2013, 10:00 AM

That's sorta bad.

JimN
04-14-2013, 10:06 AM
i have noticed many online retailers are using them much more now, or at least for their lowest tiered shipping options. must be trying to be competetive again...?

Their flat rate boxes are a good price. Unfortunately, it's not always going to get there quickly. I have a friend who uses those all the time and it hasn't been bad. I have shipped with USPS, but I really prefer UPS. FedEx is too expensive and everything goes through Memphis, regardless of where it's going, which is insane, considering the destination may only be 300 miles from the shipper. With UPS, I go online, print a label, pack it and drop it off at a local drug store that ships or if it's small enough, I put it in a UPS box about 1/2 mile form my house. Their tracking is great, unlike USPS.

fskof
04-14-2013, 10:11 AM
If you ship with Fed-Ex dont let this guy deliver it....lol

http://youtu.be/PKUDTPbDhnA

03 35th Anniversary
04-14-2013, 10:29 AM
Their flat rate boxes are a good price. Unfortunately, it's not always going to get there quickly. I have a friend who uses those all the time and it hasn't been bad. I have shipped with USPS, but I really prefer UPS. FedEx is too expensive and everything goes through Memphis, regardless of where it's going, which is insane, considering the destination may only be 300 miles from the shipper. With UPS, I go online, print a label, pack it and drop it off at a local drug store that ships or if it's small enough, I put it in a UPS box about 1/2 mile form my house. Their tracking is great, unlike USPS.

Everything in FedEx goes thru Memphis and evrerything with UPS goes thru Louisville, Ky.

Thrall
04-14-2013, 11:03 AM
I have a tenant that blames the USPS every month for loosing her rent check in the mail, but I suspect that may not really be the case!:rolleyes:

fskof
04-14-2013, 11:28 AM
Everything in FedEx goes thru Memphis and evrerything with UPS goes thru Louisville, Ky.

With UPS only Next Day Air goes to Louisville, Ky. All ground deliveries gets shipped to the destination.

Rockman
04-14-2013, 11:48 AM
What a joke! USPO shuld just be closed entirely. No need for mail anyways.

thatsmrmastercraft
04-14-2013, 11:53 AM
What a joke! USPO shuld just be closed entirely. No need for mail anyways.

Fedex and UPS have been begging to take over the mail for years. They would be much more efficient at it.

I was in favor of shutting down the Postal Service for years, but can you imagine all the unemployed Clavens going postal.:rolleyes:

Rockman
04-14-2013, 11:55 AM
Fedex and UPS have been begging to take over the mail for years. They would be much more efficient at it.

I was in favor of shutting down the Postal Service for years, but can you imagine all the unemployed Clavens going postal.:rolleyes:

:uglyhamme:uglyhamme:uglyhamme

thatsmrmastercraft
04-14-2013, 11:57 AM
:uglyhamme:uglyhamme:uglyhamme

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e19/rkins/EMOTICONS/machine-gun.gif

rjracin240
04-14-2013, 12:00 PM

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e19/rkins/EMOTICONS/machine-gun.gif

Guess that would just give more ammo to this administration for gun control!!!!!

thatsmrmastercraft
04-14-2013, 12:03 PM
Guess that would just give more ammo to this administration for gun control!!!!!

So you are saying continuing Saturday delivery is a good thinghttp://www.7thgenhonda.com/forum/images/smilies/dunno.gif

rjracin240
04-14-2013, 12:09 PM
So you are saying continuing Saturday delivery is a good thinghttp://www.7thgenhonda.com/forum/images/smilies/dunno.gif

If it kept them from going postal cause they were shut down and then giving ammo to this administration for gun control after they all went postal!!!!

thatsmrmastercraft
04-14-2013, 12:15 PM
If it kept them from going postal cause they were shut down and then giving ammo to this administration for gun control after they all went postal!!!!

Definitely choosing between the lesser of two evils here.

JimN
04-14-2013, 12:29 PM
If you ship with Fed-Ex dont let this guy deliver it....lol

http://youtu.be/PKUDTPbDhnA

That's the first video that came to mind when I saw your post. He failed to do something that's very important- "Be aware of your surroundings". That camera couldn't have been so well-hidden that it's invisible.

thatsmrmastercraft
04-14-2013, 01:24 PM
That's the first video that came to mind when I saw your post. He failed to do something that's very important- "Be aware of your surroundings". That camera couldn't have been so well-hidden that it's invisible.

Love that video.:D:D:D

03 35th Anniversary
04-14-2013, 01:31 PM
Love that video.:D:D:D

You are a sick bastard....

thatsmrmastercraft
04-14-2013, 01:56 PM

Indeed http://forums.catholic.com/images/smilies/ani/ani_tiphat.gif

mikeg205
04-14-2013, 02:05 PM

Say that with a smile. :D

fskof
04-14-2013, 02:38 PM
The scary thing is that no matter where you are there is a camera on you. Next time you go out take a look, you will see traffic camera's, parking lot surveillance, commercial surveillance system at every store, bank, gas station, alley, or residential video surveillance system.

So smile :eek:

CC2MC
04-14-2013, 07:55 PM
Man, I just sent a check in the mail this week. No wonder the guy has not gotten it yet if it is doing the same thing!

JimN
04-14-2013, 08:32 PM
The scary thing is that no matter where you are there is a camera on you. Next time you go out take a look, you will see traffic camera's, parking lot surveillance, commercial surveillance system at every store, bank, gas station, alley, or residential video surveillance system.

So smile :eek:

I asked a Glendale cop about the cameras on Port Washington & Silver Spring, Bender and Green Bay- he said that, by Wisconsin law, they can use live video but not record it. Next time I see the Police chief, I'll ask him about that- the other officer said they use them as motion detection but that makes me wonder why they have two cables. They could just as easily run a single cable with enough conductors to power it AND carry the video, but they have two cables on each one. I have a hard time believing that one is for power and the other goes to the traffic light controller. I saw a request for bids to install four cameras at Port and Brown Deer, too. This was quite a while ago and the specs called for the cabling to terminate at the Bayside Police station.

Anyone who has a large & expensive home, a business or a bank is a fool if they don't have cameras. The problem I have seen is when a news report asks for help in identifying a suspect, but it looks like one step away from a Bigfoot or UFO video.

If people weren't so willing to rob & steal, we wouldn't see so many cameras.

How did you like that bank robbery video last week, where the woman's scarf slipped down and made her face visible? I think they caught her in less than a day.

TOO-TALL
04-26-2013, 09:23 PM
USPS SUCKS!!!!!! USPS SUCKS!!!!!!!!USPS SUCKS!!!!
I hope they fold and go under!!!!!!!!!!!!

I bought new speakers,amps they were shipped usps.Due to arrive on the 24( wed).
Checked traking for days got nothing....blank screen.
Checked today. Said I had moved and did not give a new addresss......***!!!!!!

Call the post office where the packages were last at.
Told the dumb *** lady on the phone.Its my work addres and always use it no problem.
She says well you move and didn't give a new address...........NO!!!! nothing changed My work place has been at this location for 60 years!!!!

I ask her to pull up the track # on here computer....she says trak info has been down all day.......:mad::mad::mad:
And the packages are most likely on there way back to the sender.
So now I have to call tomorrow and talk to a superviser

After I get my packages.......I hope the USPS BURNS IN HELLL!!!!!!!!!

onewheat
04-26-2013, 09:40 PM

That part is awesome, since I'm in Louisville. Things get here quick! :D