View Full Version : How Do You Hook A Mp3 Player Up

09-22-2005, 08:01 PM
how do you hook a mp3 player up without going through a cd player or tape player? just runiing it through a amp or something.

09-22-2005, 10:14 PM
well they have these things that connect to where the headphones are, and it transmits a signal to the radeo, so you can listen to your MP3 music over a certain radeo station. You can pick these up at best buy and places like that, i even got mine at a walegreens for 20 bucks.

09-23-2005, 02:09 PM
but can you bypass the radio and run it through a amp and and just use the mp3 player as a radio and song player? so that way you will not have to have a radio in the boat at all.

09-23-2005, 02:23 PM
Seems like you could do it. But how would you adjust the volume? From the MP3 player? You might have some hummmmm from the amp at low volume though.

09-23-2005, 04:25 PM
Need more info.

What make/model of stereo do you have? Or do you not have a radio at all?
What make / model of amp?

If you have a relatively new radio there may be an 'Aux' input in the back. That would solve your problems.

I don't think your way would turn out very good results.

09-23-2005, 07:24 PM
i have a cd player i am not sure what kind it is i was wanting to get rid of it and just run a mp3 player that has FM. the cd player has quit working the radio still works but no cd player.