PDA

View Full Version : How Do You Hook A Mp3 Player Up

jayderwin1
09-22-2005, 07:01 PM
how do you hook a mp3 player up without going through a cd player or tape player? just runiing it through a amp or something.

SKI*MC
09-22-2005, 09:14 PM
well they have these things that connect to where the headphones are, and it transmits a signal to the radeo, so you can listen to your MP3 music over a certain radeo station. You can pick these up at best buy and places like that, i even got mine at a walegreens for 20 bucks.

jayderwin1
09-23-2005, 01:09 PM
but can you bypass the radio and run it through a amp and and just use the mp3 player as a radio and song player? so that way you will not have to have a radio in the boat at all.

AirJunky
09-23-2005, 01:23 PM
Seems like you could do it. But how would you adjust the volume? From the MP3 player? You might have some hummmmm from the amp at low volume though.

chathamsolutions
09-23-2005, 03:25 PM
Need more info.

What make/model of stereo do you have? Or do you not have a radio at all?
What make / model of amp?

If you have a relatively new radio there may be an 'Aux' input in the back. That would solve your problems.

I don't think your way would turn out very good results.

edited...

jayderwin1
09-23-2005, 06:24 PM
i have a cd player i am not sure what kind it is i was wanting to get rid of it and just run a mp3 player that has FM. the cd player has quit working the radio still works but no cd player.