PDA

View Full Version : Dont forget the animals, they need help too

Upper Michigan Prostar190
09-22-2005, 04:55 PM
Since Ric stirred me up in the "dog water ski thread" I went and donated to the US Humane society disaster relief fund to help out the animals affected by the hurricane. I just wanted to post the link for any other animal lovers that may want to help out our little furry freinds and donte. Remember, the animals had no choice in the matter to evacuate, they need help too. Remember that EVERY dime helps out, it all adds up. I have a soft spot for animals and I know others do too. :wavey:

:)

DOGS RULE!!!!! :headbang:

UMP

ski_king
09-22-2005, 05:26 PM
Ahhh, I think the link is missing........ or are you the missing link?

LakePirate
09-22-2005, 05:29 PM
Way to go UMP.

My wife called several Humane societies in the area where Katrina hit but can't seem to get anywhere.

A co-worker of a friend of mine has rented a van and is headed to New Orleans with food, water, treats and kennels for the animals who have survived the hurricane. Just in their office alone they came up with $2500 for pet supplies.

X2M
09-22-2005, 05:50 PM
Thanks for the reminder UMP.

Marin County SPCA (CA., Bay Area) is having 500-1000 animals that were rescued from Katrina shipped to California. They are then finding foster homes for the animals until their families can be reunited with them. I know that the Vacaville SPCA is getting at least 70 of these animals to be fostered.

This is another way that you can help. Become a foster family. I wanted to do more than just donate money, but living on the west coast and having responsibilities here makes that hard. Every little bit helps. Contact your local SPCA or animal shelter. There are shelters all over the US that are in need of foster families for these animals.

:)

Upper Michigan Prostar190
09-22-2005, 06:13 PM
https://secure.hsus.org/01/disaster_relief_fund_2005?

Here is the link I used to donate. :toast:

Yes X2momma, being a foster family is a good way to help too. Loving homes is a good way to help out the animals in need. I wasnt trying to influence people to give that specific way. You can always contact your local Humane society and I am sure they can inform of other ways to help out. I just wanted to remind people to help and give you all a little nudge to do your part in helping the animals, whatever way you choose. They animals dont care how you help, just will love you just the same. Please help them out someone, donate, volunteer, foster a pet, whatever you can do, please do. :) Animals cant make choices for themselves, they rely on humans to do it for them. I think they need our help.

UMP