PDA

View Full Version : Hoosiers

Sotipnomon
04-05-2013, 12:09 AM
Hey everyone, new here just wondering who else from Indiana is on this forum.

Moosecrackers
04-05-2013, 12:13 AM
Carmel. Wecome to the forum.

Sent using Tapatalk

Sotipnomon
04-05-2013, 12:21 AM
Thanks, just bought my first boat and can't wait to get back on a ski and teach my boys.

Slinkyredfoot
04-05-2013, 06:25 AM
I am, Carmel as well, we boat in northern Indiana On Lake Tippecanoe.

Barefooter92
04-05-2013, 07:29 AM
Hoosier wanna be...grew up on James in Angola and now weekend North of Auburn, work in Fort Wanye.

Moosecrackers
04-05-2013, 12:55 PM
I am, Carmel as well, we boat in northern Indiana On Lake Tippecanoe.

We have a place on the Barbee chain and trailer to Tippy and Wawasee a couple of times each summer.

Sent using Tapatalk

DavidMCX30
04-05-2013, 02:40 PM
Hello neighbors. I live in Indy, slip on Morse, rent at Wawasee for two weeks each year. Looking for a ski course to run if any of you have any leads. Saw some people working on one by the dam on Morse last year, but then the drought hit.

Double D
04-05-2013, 02:55 PM
Threadjack: I know it doesn't make sense for all you Hoosier boys but you should really consider bringing you and your boats to the Buckeye Bash this year. Probably the closet reunion type event for you guys, maybe.

Its a blast! The event is pinned up on teamtalk and we have a Facebook page (Link in my signature) so you can see previous years pictures.

dbhoward
04-05-2013, 08:14 PM
Northwest of Muncie, but we keep the boat down on our lake in Tennessee. Welcome to the forum.

Smitty
04-06-2013, 08:47 PM
Bloomington Indiana. Lake Monroe and Lake Lemon.

jmorone
04-06-2013, 10:28 PM
Indy. Boat at Oliver lake which is about 5 miles south of LaGrange, Indiana.

Sotipnomon
04-09-2013, 12:23 AM
I figured there were a few of us anyway. I will be keeping my boat at lake holiday outside of crawfordsville but look foreword to traveling around to different lakes and camping with the family a couple times a summer. I love the Bloomington/brown county area for riding my motorcycle so I bet boating is great too. I've heard Monroe is a little rough for smaller boats, what do you guys think?

Fletchx7
04-09-2013, 08:47 AM
I'm in Fishers. We have family on Big Long Lake and Santee. Usually hit Patoka, Salamonie, and Maxincuckee. And if I am pressed for time, the cesspool of Giest.

Hoosier Bob
04-09-2013, 10:10 PM
Not me! Always looking for a third or a rotation around Indy in the big tiolet (Geist).

Hoosier Bob
04-09-2013, 10:11 PM
Monroe and Brookeville nearly sink my ride and I will only go during the week.

homer12
04-10-2013, 02:22 PM
I'm in Indy. Usually good for a few camping trips to Monroe a year. I get out on Geist on the occasion during the week ONLY. Hard to beat when it's 15min from my house.

Monroe is rough, but if you get out early or stay out until dusk there's usually enough smooth water on weekends to get a few runs in.

Barefooter92
04-10-2013, 09:45 PM
I'm in Fishers. We have family on Big Long Lake and Santee. Usually hit Patoka, Salamonie, and Maxincuckee. And if I am pressed for time, the cesspool of Giest.

Do you spend much time at BLL?

fstaslp
04-10-2013, 10:00 PM
I am also in Indy and should have the boat up here from Cumberland this year. We should get a mini meet sometime!

bsettle1
04-10-2013, 10:50 PM
I'm in Carmel and we boat up at Adams Lake which is near Wolcottville

Barefooter92
04-11-2013, 07:40 AM
I'm in Carmel and we boat up at Adams Lake which is near Wolcottville

Adams Lake Pub! Best in the area!

homer12
04-11-2013, 07:44 AM
FletchX7, do you have much luck at Salamonie? I've been there once and it seemed really small. Maybe I didn't go pass the bridge and there was more though.
Also, wondering if I met you at the Geist ramp once? I was changing bunks on my trailer and have a Tristar 190.

Fletchx7
04-11-2013, 08:09 AM
Do you spend much time at BLL?

We haven't yet. I've been up there a couple times, but my little brother recently moved to a place right on the water. Since we are both having babies this summer, I figure we will be up there a lot more. He is thinking about getting a lift and keeping my dad's 209 there since it usually sits in a garage all summer.

Are you on BLL? We are actually talking about going up Sunday to see their new place.

Fletchx7
04-11-2013, 08:14 AM
FletchX7, do you have much luck at Salamonie? I've been there once and it seemed really small. Maybe I didn't go pass the bridge and there was more though.
Also, wondering if I met you at the Geist ramp once? I was changing bunks on my trailer and have a Tristar 190.

Yes, we did meet....I forgot about talking to you at the ramp! Wasn't that last summer? How did it turn out? I need to do that this year. I'm pulling my boat from storage this weekend.

We've had decent luck at Salamonie, except for last year. We didn't go at all due to the low water. I have a couple of friends with MC's up there that have a course set up. It is past one of the bridges and sits between an island and shoreline. Usually, the water is decent there. We are planning a trip up there in July/August.

homer12
04-11-2013, 12:17 PM
My bunks turned out nice with fresh wood and carpet! I also got it done that evening to finish on the lake with some smooth water before sunset. However, I'm working on getting the fender wood/carpet to stay on to protect the boat from the metal fenders.
I thought I recognized that yellow X7 :)

I'll have to give Salamonie a second chance. Let's hope all the lakes recover from the drought this year. I've had some good luck at Mississinewa last summer.

Congrats on the baby!!

Fletchx7
04-11-2013, 03:56 PM
My bunks turned out nice with fresh wood and carpet! I also got it done that evening to finish on the lake with some smooth water before sunset. However, I'm working on getting the fender wood/carpet to stay on to protect the boat from the metal fenders.
I thought I recognized that yellow X7 :)

I'll have to give Salamonie a second chance. Let's hope all the lakes recover from the drought this year. I've had some good luck at Mississinewa last summer.

Congrats on the baby!!

Glad to hear! I'm going to be doing the same thing this summer.

I haven't talked with anyone up there yet, but I will get a report on how the water is. We didn't have bad luck on Geist last year.....which was a first. It seemed like we had decent water until about 10:30 most mornings, but we also stayed in the shallower water which kept some idiots away. I haven't driven by lately to see how it looks.

Thanks!! He is due July 4th, although we think he might be here sooner. I'm hoping, otherwise I told my wife that we are towing the boat to the hospital and then my daughter and I are heading back to the lake....and then I felt a stinging sensation on my back :D

Sotipnomon
04-14-2013, 10:02 PM
Anyone get out on the water today here in Indiana? I was going to do the initial" shakedown" run but yard work just wouldn't give me the opportunity. I showed Dylan (10) how to start it and keep it going until it's warmed up and will idle. He did great, he's my motorhead. Then David (8) and Jack (7) joined us and mamma brought us ice cream. Finally we learned that we all can't be in the back or the whole front goes up. Not even out there and we're making memories and learning physics.

Barefooter92
04-15-2013, 07:28 AM
We haven't yet. I've been up there a couple times, but my little brother recently moved to a place right on the water. Since we are both having babies this summer, I figure we will be up there a lot more. He is thinking about getting a lift and keeping my dad's 209 there since it usually sits in a garage all summer.

Are you on BLL? We are actually talking about going up Sunday to see their new place.

Put the dock in on Saturday (Apr 6th) Air was 32F and windy, water was just a bit warmer. Frose my stones off!

Our pier is in the North basin on the east shore. We call it 'lil yellow as it is a very small yellow cabin with a white deck and pergola.

Fletchx7
04-15-2013, 08:29 AM
Put the dock in on Saturday (Apr 6th) Air was 32F and windy, water was just a bit warmer. Frose my stones off!

Our pier is in the North basin on the east shore. We call it 'lil yellow as it is a very small yellow cabin with a white deck and pergola.

I'll look for you when we get up there. I'm not sure where my brother is in relation to you. I know it's a red house with a deck that sits feet from the water. We are planning to go up in a couple weeks to help paint and get them settled in. I'm not sure when I will finally hit the water. I'm waiting for clearance from my surgeon after I broke my ankle over the winter.

The only thing I accomplished this weekend (except for yard work), is pulling the boat home from storage, tucking her away in the garage, and I stripped the platform and applied a coat of oil. I'm hoping to finish that up this week and install my new head unit, XM, and remotes.

blakehardesty
04-15-2013, 04:02 PM
Im in Rochester on Lake Manitou.

homer12
04-15-2013, 04:49 PM
Anyone get out on the water today here in Indiana? I was going to do the initial" shakedown" run but yard work just wouldn't give me the opportunity. I showed Dylan (10) how to start it and keep it going until it's warmed up and will idle. He did great, he's my motorhead. Then David (8) and Jack (7) joined us and mamma brought us ice cream. Finally we learned that we all can't be in the back or the whole front goes up. Not even out there and we're making memories and learning physics.

Glad to hear you're making memories. Didn't get in water but did have it in the driveway for some maintenance. My boys are 3-1/2 and 17mos and they got to get in and enjoy make believing they were driving it!

JDC
04-15-2013, 06:23 PM
Noblesville here. We have no lake we call home, but Morse is 15 minutes from the house.
We went to Dale Hollow at the end of last year and we were all ruined for life with the clean and wide open waters.

homer12
04-15-2013, 10:41 PM
I here ya. 3 years ago we did a family vacation on Lake Norris the week after Labor Day. Had beautiful weather and that gigantic lake was empty. You could ski/wakeboard for miles without turning around and get clean water.

Sotipnomon
04-17-2013, 08:13 AM
Fletch, congrats on the baby! July 4th is the best birthday EVER! Good luck nailing that one.

Blake, what is manitou like? I've got a friend living in Rochester.

blakehardesty
04-17-2013, 10:00 AM
Fletch, congrats on the baby! July 4th is the best birthday EVER! Good luck nailing that one.

Blake, what is manitou like? I've got a friend living in Rochester.

Manitou is good. Its a 750 acre lake with a few islands to break it up. There is a guy here with a course but it is his privately.

Sotipnomon
04-22-2013, 11:58 PM
Finally got to take her out tonight. Wow! Ran fantastic. So much power. I need to get it dialed in and smoothed out a little but very pleased with the initial run.

homer12
04-23-2013, 07:22 AM
Nice, where did you end up going?

Sotipnomon
04-23-2013, 10:54 AM
Freeman in Monticello.

bbymgr
04-23-2013, 03:29 PM
If your not familiar with Freeman, then be very careful. There are a lot of stumps in odd places just under the water. I grew up on Freeman and clipped one while kneeboarding back in 1986. Sent me flying about 30 yards.

Sotipnomon
04-23-2013, 04:40 PM
Good to know, I was on the lookout for floating debris with the high flow from all the rain but I didn't know anything about submerged stuff. I stayed pretty much in the middle, put in at dodge camp, blasted to the dam and back then played around learning how to maneuver an inboard. Don't try to back up to starboard... Thanks though!

Sotipnomon
05-04-2013, 10:53 PM
Who got out to ski this weekend?

Fletchx7
05-06-2013, 08:25 AM
Unfortunately, no. I did get several projects on the boat completed. Just needs a coat of wax and we are ready to roll. Now I just need a weekend without 30 other things going on :rolleyes:

Curtrwall
05-21-2013, 05:13 PM
Westfield, just joined the MC family a couple weeks ago with my new 06' X30!! Love it! Had a chance to take it out and ride last weekend up on Maxinkuckee.

JDC
05-21-2013, 09:04 PM
Westfield, just joined the MC family a couple weeks ago with my new 06' X30!! Love it! Had a chance to take it out and ride last weekend up on Maxinkuckee.Congrats on the new purchase! Post up a photo or two. :)
Westfield rubs shoulders with Noblesville. Maybe we'll see you around.

Curtrwall
05-21-2013, 09:17 PM
http://i429.photobucket.com/albums/qq20/curtrwall/image-1.jpg (http://s429.photobucket.com/user/curtrwall/media/image-1.jpg.html)

No real good pics just yet

Fletchx7
05-22-2013, 08:04 AM
http://i429.photobucket.com/albums/qq20/curtrwall/image-1.jpg (http://s429.photobucket.com/user/curtrwall/media/image-1.jpg.html)

No real good pics just yet

Good looking boat!! Congrats!! Do you go up to Max a lot? I have a good friend on the water there. We usually tow up 2 or 3 times a summer.

Traxx822
05-22-2013, 08:04 AM
Carmel. Wecome to the forum.

Sent using Tapatalk

I just got a work order in for a job in Carmel lol

Curtrwall
05-22-2013, 03:41 PM
Fletch, we go up there a lot. Prolly every other weekend.

Barefooter92
05-23-2013, 07:25 AM
Fletch, we go up there a lot. Prolly every other weekend.

Curtrwall: Where is 'up there'?

Fletchx7
05-23-2013, 07:53 AM
Maxinkuckee. Curtwall--We'll probably be up there Mid June and August. We'll look for you.

Barefooter--we are 95% sure we are heading to Big Long this weekend. The only thing that would change that is if they induce my sister in-law today vs. letting her go till next Thursday. Otherwise, we plan on towing up tomorrow evening.

Sotipnomon
05-24-2013, 03:59 PM
Anybody going to the race?

Sotipnomon
05-27-2013, 03:38 PM
No, well it was fantastic! I hope everyone was out on the lake then. Where did you go, how cold was the water and what did you do?

Barefooter92
05-28-2013, 07:22 AM
Maxinkuckee. Curtwall--We'll probably be up there Mid June and August. We'll look for you.

Barefooter--we are 95% sure we are heading to Big Long this weekend. The only thing that would change that is if they induce my sister in-law today vs. letting her go till next Thursday. Otherwise, we plan on towing up tomorrow evening.

Pretty sure we saw your x7 parked at the big red cottage on the south shore all weekend. Between the graduations, cold weather, and rain we were able to make a few hot laps around the lake. The boys kept saying she wants to run! Had to burn the old fuel out.

Fletchx7
05-28-2013, 08:13 AM
That was it! We made a few laps as well, but not many. Between the weather, work around the house and putting in the dock, it was busy weekend. Not to mention she got soaked yesterday. I left her up there as we will be back Saturday afternoon. I have several boards on the dock to replace :( I think there will be a black 209 with a tower there this weekend and the rest of the summer.

Did you get in at all? Water wasn't bad....better than the air!

KSKlepFam
05-29-2013, 01:01 PM
Back in MC family after an 11 year abscence! Are there any MC owner clubs or "get togethers" in Indiana?

Sotipnomon
05-29-2013, 02:01 PM
Back in MC family after an 11 year abscence! Are there any MC owner clubs or "get togethers" in Indiana?

Welcome! I don't know of any but think it's a fantastic idea. I'm thinking about heading over to the buckeye bash this fall. I've got a couple buddies in Columbus and would like to experience the"community" and show my boys what kind of cool stuff can happen behind these boats with practice. Where would we hold such an event?

jschildm
06-06-2013, 10:21 AM
Hello Hoosiers. I currently live in Iowa, but am from Indiana. We are trying to make some 4th of July plans, and I have friend that said he was probably going to head to Patoka that weekend. I was curious if anyone spent much time there, and what it was like for skiing. Obviously on a holiday weekend I don't expect much for smooth water, Last I knew it was pretty low and maybe not the best ski lake. Just curious what everyone thought.

Thanks.

Fletchx7
06-06-2013, 12:35 PM
I was at Patoka for 5 days last summer. Great time!! We try to go at least once a year. Last summer, it was down about 5-6 feet, but wasn't bad as they had most of the shallow areas marked pretty well. The beach was closed for the majority of the summer. We were there from Wed-Sun. The weekdays were perfect....pretty had the water to ourselves. Saturday and Sunday it did get pretty crowded. We typically stayed in the Painter Creek Ski area most of the time. But we did find some decent water behind the island by the beach and the finger that is opposite of Patoka Lake Marina (can't think of the name at the moment). We rented a cabin about 5 minutes from the ramp and it was awesome. Slept 12 of us and had enough room for 3 boats. If you want more info, let me know and I will look it up.

jschildm
06-06-2013, 04:17 PM
I'd be interesting in getting a little more info. Might be to late for cabins at this point. I did check this morning and there is quite a few campsites left still. Thanks for the info about skiing.

Fletchx7
06-07-2013, 07:58 AM
This is the place we stayed. We stayed in cabin 25 which was built last spring. It was pretty nice and 3 full beds, 1 twin, and 2 futons. We also took air mattresses. I can't remember the exact cost per couple, but it was very reasonable for 5 days. I want to say we paid $250-300/couple. They are right off of SR 164 and less than 5 minutes to the closest ramp. They are about 10 minutes from the closest marina located in the state park. We trailered every night and had plenty space to park 3 boats and 5 vehicles.

http://www.patoka.com/

Sotipnomon
06-09-2013, 10:14 PM
FINALLY got her out today! The new parts and upgrades made for an incredibly smooth ride and even more power and speed. These things really are the corvette of the boating world. Totally impressed! Had one family on a pontoon stop and ask about and compliment her and my youngest son got up and stayed up long enough to call him a skier on his first attempt. Yea, it was a pretty good day for me.

Sotipnomon
06-17-2013, 11:01 PM
Father's day was very sweet this year, 3 generations of Halls skied for first time in about 18 years since I was the youngest.

homer12
06-17-2013, 11:08 PM
Well done!

Ryan
06-17-2013, 11:52 PM
I'm a Hoosier by adoption, or by tuition payments at least. I lived in Fishers and miss living 7 minutes from the Geist ramp for good week-night runs. I'm now in Cincy and 35 minutes from the lake here.

Sotipnomon
06-18-2013, 07:28 AM
Thanks Homer.

Fletchx7
06-18-2013, 08:05 AM
That's awesome! Boat looks great too!! Jealous....haven't been able to ski yet.

fstaslp
06-18-2013, 08:25 AM
If only geist and Morse weren't so expensive to drop in on. 30 bucks on a weekend is nuts.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Fletchx7
06-18-2013, 08:37 AM
My neighbor used to get a yearly pass for Geist because she knew the owner, but she hasn't been able to get them any longer. She was told they quit doing it because they were loosing too much money :confused::confused:

homer12
06-18-2013, 03:05 PM
If only geist and Morse weren't so expensive to drop in on. 30 bucks on a weekend is nuts.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Yeah, it's BS. and the old guy that's always taking your money in the golf cart acted like uh we're not supposed to take credit cards after 6 on the weekdays the other day (I was there about 7) and that was a big deal that he "helped" me out and took it anyway. I'm curious to know who runs that and how they get the rights to control all traffic on and off the lake.

Anybody ever put in on White River?

fstaslp
06-18-2013, 03:16 PM
I put in on the white river in broad ripple. I wouldn't recommend it, however if you do with your boat I'll go for a ride.

I did it two years ago and the shallow bottom was no fun trying to navigate.

Fletchx7
06-18-2013, 03:28 PM
Yeah, it's BS. and the old guy that's always taking your money in the golf cart acted like uh we're not supposed to take credit cards after 6 on the weekdays the other day (I was there about 7) and that was a big deal that he "helped" me out and took it anyway. I'm curious to know who runs that and how they get the rights to control all traffic on and off the lake.

Anybody ever put in on White River?

They take credit cards?? I've never asked, but there have been a few times I could used it!

fstaslp
06-18-2013, 03:30 PM
Credit Card is good to know.

homer12
06-18-2013, 03:32 PM
I've got friends that put their fishing boats in there all the time and one of them keeps trying to get me to put in there to ride. How did you know and navigate the shallow spots and stumps that I'm sure are in there? As I understand there is probably just a strip maybe 1/2 a mile you can take passes on.

I put in on the white river in broad ripple. I wouldn't recommend it, however if you do with your boat I'll go for a ride.

I did it two years ago and the shallow bottom was no fun trying to navigate.

fstaslp
06-18-2013, 03:37 PM
trial by error.

homer12
06-18-2013, 04:43 PM
trial by error.

Ouch! Any damage done?

JDC
06-18-2013, 05:18 PM

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2I agree! $30 for the WHOLE weekend would be more like it.

The real kicker is, when we went to Dale Hollow, it was $5 to put your boat in. I was told it's the same at any of the marinas on that lake.
$5 to put in that nice big clean lake makes coming back here and paying $30 to put in what looks like a mud hole, very difficult. But, I live here not there.

towelshoot
06-18-2013, 08:22 PM
I keep my boat on Geist. Had a correct craft Martinique for about 8 years, and a MC now for about 5 years. Went to James 2 weeks ago. Going to Norris for the first time this year. Been to Dale Hollow many times - still my favorite lake. New to the forum - well long time listener, first time caller :)

fstaslp
06-18-2013, 08:24 PM
Welcome on! hope to see you on the water!

fstaslp
06-18-2013, 08:25 PM
trial by error.

No just a slightly bent prop that is getting replaced. needed it anyways!

towelshoot
06-19-2013, 10:40 PM
Thanks fstaslp - I got the 95 Maristar 225VRS. Waiting for a part right now, but should be back out by the weekend :)

homer12
06-20-2013, 11:18 AM
Towelshoot, what did you think of James? Was it on the weekend?

towelshoot
06-20-2013, 12:01 PM
James was okay. It has a couple connecting lakes - Jimmerson and Snow that aren't real big, but you can ski. So it gives some different options to find some smoother water if that is what you are looking for. It has a lot of sand bars, that would give me concern if the lake was low. Otherwise it seemed to be fine and others were marked. We were there from Thursday thru Sunday. There is a sand bar everyone hangs out, which is what we did on Sat., but I didn't really notice the lake being too crowded. Weather wasn't the greatest though so that may been why.

Barefooter92
06-20-2013, 12:45 PM
James was okay. It has a couple connecting lakes - Jimmerson and Snow that aren't real big, but you can ski. So it gives some different options to find some smoother water if that is what you are looking for. It has a lot of sand bars, that would give me concern if the lake was low. Otherwise it seemed to be fine and others were marked. We were there from Thursday thru Sunday. There is a sand bar everyone hangs out, which is what we did on Sat., but I didn't really notice the lake being too crowded. Weather wasn't the greatest though so that may been why.

Graduation was this past weekend...just wait till this Saturday 90F the Lake James Sandbar will come to LIFE!!!!

bbymgr
06-20-2013, 01:06 PM
Here are some pics from Labor Day Weekend 2009 at the Sand Bar on Lake James. Last year, their was over 300 boats for the 4th of July. 1st pic is looking South West, 2nd pic is looking North West and the 3rd pic is looking North East.

Moosecrackers
06-20-2013, 03:48 PM
Spent the day at muddy Morse on Wednesday. Water was pretty nice until about 4 when plenty of other boats started showing up. We pulled-out shortly thereafter. Had a good day doing some sightseeing, wakeboarding and surfing.

fstaslp
06-20-2013, 03:52 PM
Anyone in the Indy area ever replaced a shaft and strut before? It is looking like I will need to do that in the not too distant future, and would love some guidance.

homer12
06-20-2013, 05:00 PM
Anyone in the Indy area ever replaced a shaft and strut before? It is looking like I will need to do that in the not too distant future, and would love some guidance.

Negative, but it looks like the White did more damage to you than the prop?

fstaslp
06-20-2013, 05:03 PM
Yup. appears so. Sticking to real water from now on.

Barefooter92
06-24-2013, 07:31 AM
Here are some pics from Labor Day Weekend 2009 at the Sand Bar on Lake James. Last year, their was over 300 boats for the 4th of July. 1st pic is looking South West, 2nd pic is looking North West and the 3rd pic is looking North East.

BBYMGR: I know the red pontoon in the last photo! Those are my neighbors from my Lake James days! Thanks for the flash back!

bbymgr
06-24-2013, 08:25 AM
You should come up for the 4th. The fireworks are on Saturday the 6th.

Sotipnomon
07-12-2013, 09:09 AM
Who's headed where this weekend? I'm headed to the tail of the dragon with my other toy.

Fletchx7
07-12-2013, 09:39 AM
We're staying local this weekend and hitting the cesspool of Geist. Hoping to get back up north next weekend.

Slinkyredfoot
07-12-2013, 10:06 AM
Who's headed where this weekend? I'm headed to the tail of the dragon with my other toy.

Heading to Lake Michigan this weekend. Old college buddy has a 40' Carver we are gonna hang out on.

bbymgr
07-12-2013, 06:21 PM
Nowhere this weekend. We are getting ready to leave next Friday for a week on Douglas Lake in Tennessee.

Barefooter92
07-12-2013, 10:31 PM
Headed up tomorrow. Need to get some swimming in before my Tri next weekend. Fletch I think you drove by last week in a Black MC, what gives...one yellow, one black...flavor of the day???

BBYMGR: Heard I missed a good show over the fourth! Sounds like the lakes had dueling firework displays!

bbymgr
07-13-2013, 12:28 AM
Headed up tomorrow. Need to get some swimming in before my Tri next weekend. Fletch I think you drove by last week in a Black MC, what gives...one yellow, one black...flavor of the day???

BBYMGR: Heard I missed a good show over the fourth! Sounds like the lakes had dueling firework displays!

That was very interesting. The other display was better than the lake display. It was a grand finale that lasted at least 30 minutes.

TripleThreat
07-13-2013, 01:02 AM
Just returned from TN, where I picked up a 2001 ProStar 209... Looking forward to hitting the water in Northern Indiana this week for a little fun with the kids!

Fletchx7
07-15-2013, 08:12 AM

I only wish it was the flavor of the day! Although, I was at the dealer this weekend trying very hard to not fall in love with an X-14.

Was it me or my brother?? We were up there for the weekend of the 4th with both boats. The black 209 sitting on the lift is my dad/brother's. From a distance, we look similar....bald heads :D

homer12
07-15-2013, 08:37 AM
I didn't get out this weekend, but going down to Monroe Friday for some camping and water time with friends.

TripleThreat
07-26-2013, 02:29 PM
Planning to hit Lake Monroe on Sunday for the first time in our new (to us) MC 209.

Looking forward to spending the day on the water with the family!

JDC
07-27-2013, 09:49 PM
Planning to hit Lake Monroe on Sunday for the first time in our new (to us) MC 209.

Looking forward to spending the day on the water with the family!Hope you have a good time on your new boat! Is this the first time out or the first time out on Monroe?

We WERE planning on going to the Brickyard 400 (had 4 free tickets n the outside of turn 1!) but plans changed this morning at 2am when I started having serious back problems. I think I ruptured a disc during our Dale Hollow trip and the pain went off the scale this am. Took an ambulance ride to Riverview at 7 am and now I'm spending at least the night here tonight. On the morphine pump awaiting the news on what we are going to do to fix the problem. :-(

The other bad news is I think my trans is slipping in my 209. Double :-(

Moosecrackers
07-27-2013, 11:03 PM
Hope you have a good time on your new boat! Is this the first time out or the first time out on Monroe?

We WERE planning on going to the Brickyard 400 (had 4 free tickets n the outside of turn 1!) but plans changed this morning at 2am when I started having serious back problems. I think I ruptured a disc during our Dale Hollow trip and the pain went off the scale this am. Took an ambulance ride to Riverview at 7 am and now I'm spending at least the night here tonight. On the morphine pump awaiting the news on what we are going to do to fix the problem. :-(

The other bad news is I think my trans is slipping in my 209. Double :-(

JDC - sorry to hear about the back problems. Hope things turn out well for you. Saturday night at Riverview - fun..

TripleThreat
07-28-2013, 10:01 AM
Hope you have a good time on your new boat! Is this the first time out or the first time out on Monroe?

Just the first time out on Monroe. We spent a week in Northern Indiana breaking ourselves into the new boat!

Having a blast!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

JDC
07-28-2013, 11:24 AM
Just the first time out on Monroe. We spent a week in Northern Indiana breaking ourselves into the new boat!

Having a blast!I'm interested in hearing about your experience on that water. I've never been there, but I hear from local folks that it's too choppy to do much of anything besides tube (gasp!) on the weekends.

:toast: to a fellow 209 owner. :)

TripleThreat
07-28-2013, 10:06 PM
The lake was pretty choppy. In fact, we had a couple of times today where we were either stopped or were idling in some of the rougher water, had most of the weight in the front of the boat, and took a couple of waves over the bow.

Since our girls (13 and 11) are just getting used to being behind the boat, all we did was tube (gasp). I need to find a set of skis with small bindings for them to learn on and a wakeboard as well, but we will probably wait until the off season to pick some up on sale and will likely just spend the rest of this season tubing with them.

The Southwest corner of the lake, near the dam is the calmest part of the lake and you could find some water there to wakeboard or ski if the traffic isn't too bad, even on the weekend. The main body of the lake is pretty wide and the wind keeps everything pretty stirred up from the traffic.

We live close enough to the lake that we will be able to run down in the late afternoon and early evening through the week, so we will probably try to avoid the weekends as much as possible.

This was our first chance to take the boat out down here, so we didn't want to pass it up. I felt like it did a decent job of handling the chop, but I'm looking forward to getting out on the lake through the week when no one is around.

Barefooter92
07-28-2013, 10:27 PM
Went to the Lake James Antique Boat Show on Saturday. Saw a really nice 32' Hacker once owned by Kurt Bush and for sale at a bargain price of $125K!:cool:

bbymgr
07-28-2013, 11:13 PM
I wanted to go to the Show, but I didn't get back from Tennessee until today.

Barefooter92
07-29-2013, 10:24 PM
sorry to hear that. It is always nice to support the local events! I'll have to find a picture of the 32footer.

Here is a photo from last nights cruise on BLL. (Sorry for the crappy itouch quality its all I had on the boat at the time)

04redxstar
07-31-2013, 04:32 PM
Iv had the xstar on the river many times. Few years back thats where we would take my friends x30 with over 3000 pounds of ballest. There is a tree in the middle close to the boat ramp probley 200 feet going towards the dam. Iv hit it once with the prop and once with the bottom of the boat. Belt the ears on the prop but wasnt noticeable. Even in the x30 we only hit it once. There is a set of power line as you head north. I cant remember now but i believe you stay to the left. Iv been out this year on my jetski and the middle is definatly a foot or less..I know this because i stopped haha.

TripleThreat
07-31-2013, 10:34 PM
Great evening out on Monroe Reservoir tonight after work...

Like having an 18.8 Square Mile Private Lake!

http://i479.photobucket.com/albums/rr156/TripleThreat719/Lake%20Monroe/file_zps70affa58.jpg (http://s479.photobucket.com/user/TripleThreat719/media/Lake%20Monroe/file_zps70affa58.jpg.html)

http://i479.photobucket.com/albums/rr156/TripleThreat719/Lake%20Monroe/file_zpsc471b857.jpg (http://s479.photobucket.com/user/TripleThreat719/media/Lake%20Monroe/file_zpsc471b857.jpg.html)

http://i479.photobucket.com/albums/rr156/TripleThreat719/Lake%20Monroe/file_zpsdf246e85.jpg (http://s479.photobucket.com/user/TripleThreat719/media/Lake%20Monroe/file_zpsdf246e85.jpg.html)

Great way to relax after work... Packed some sandwiches, snacks and drinks and ate on the boat.

homer12
08-03-2013, 03:41 PM
Triple threat, that's the best on Monroe! Weekdays are key there.
BTW, I love the interior on your boat :)

TripleThreat
08-03-2013, 09:47 PM
Triple threat, that's the best on Monroe! Weekdays are key there.
BTW, I love the interior on your boat :)

Thanks... Viper Customs!

fstaslp
08-04-2013, 05:41 PM
Out on geist. Anyone out here?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Fletchx7
08-05-2013, 08:05 AM
I was.....but we pulled out at 3. I was at B-dubs when you posted this. Seemed like there were more idiots out than usual yesterday. Maybe it was just me...:confused:

fstaslp
08-05-2013, 08:20 AM
Yeah we went straight to the south side of the lake and stayed in a cove. It was busy, but hadn't been out due to the new baby, so we had to take advantage of the chance.

Fletchx7
08-05-2013, 08:36 AM
I hear ya.....we're in the same situation. Had a day with the 4 yr old and no baby. I couldn't remember how much fuel was in the boat yesterday, so I filled up....it took $12 before it spit at me. I bet we didn't burn 5 gallons yesterday.

TripleThreat
08-06-2013, 05:48 AM
Out on Lake Monroe tonight pulling my nephew on a wake skate and we were treated to a bit of an unusual site...

A sea plane doing practice landings and take offs...

Pretty cool!

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/08/06/ugagenug.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/08/06/6ana6yja.jpg

Barefooter92
08-06-2013, 07:16 AM
Thanks... Viper Customs!

Very nice! How far of a drive is Viper from here? How was the estimate vs final cost? reasonable and how long do you expect it to last, any warranty?

TripleThreat
08-06-2013, 09:16 PM
Very nice! How far of a drive is Viper from here? How was the estimate vs final cost? reasonable and how long do you expect it to last, any warranty?

Previous owner had it done... Therefore, I don't have any info on price, vs. final cost or warranty, but I'm very happy with it. It was a deciding factor in purchasing the boat for me.

Here is their website...

http://vipercustoms.com

Quality is awesome and I expect it to last me at least 10 years with proper care. They are located not too far from the MasterCraft factory and I believe that they have even done some repair work for the factory from time to time.

TripleThreat
08-06-2013, 09:18 PM
Just noticed that my pictures of the sea plane i put in the post above don't show up when I view this thread from my computer, but when I view it from my iPhone via the TapaTalk App, they show up fine... Weird...

Barefooter92
08-07-2013, 07:11 AM
Previous owner had it done... Therefore, I don't have any info on price, vs. final cost or warranty, but I'm very happy with it. It was a deciding factor in purchasing the boat for me.

Here is their website...

http://vipercustoms.com

Quality is awesome and I expect it to last me at least 10 years with proper care. They are located not too far from the MasterCraft factory and I believe that they have even done some repair work for the factory from time to time.

I have been on viper customs web site before and very disappointed as there is one boat and no information other than address and phone number. Their finish product speaks for itself they need to upgrade their web site.

TripleThreat
08-07-2013, 09:12 AM
Agreed.

The website is terrible. Just didn't know if you had their address and phone number.

I understand that they are great folks and do awesome work. I'm very happy with the quality of their work.

Swibby69
03-15-2014, 05:59 PM
any of you been to lake monroe? and to that fourwinds resort/marina? how is it? and has is the lake for skiing during the week in july? thinking about a family road trip from ohio with the boat to this place possibly. the lodge looks nice. and lake looks good size.

thx!

TripleThreat
03-16-2014, 12:06 AM
PM Sent... but I'll share the contents here for others as well...

Monroe is HUGE! Lots of chop anytime the wind is blowing... The southwest corner of the lake, past the spillway, down towards the dam, and down by Eagle Point Resort and condominiums is the best place to ski and board as it is the most narrow and protected portion of the lake. Weekdays, the place is deserted and it's like having the entire lake to yourself. Weekends can get really rough when the big boats come down from Indy.

Avoid the 4th of July, as the place is insanely busy for the holiday and you won't be able to ski or board.

There are some good places to just drop anchor and hang out when it gets rough and the northeast end of the lake, past the causeway, is a huge idle zone.

The party cove is the cove that leads back to Allens Creek.

Pull up a Google Map of the lake, and you'll see what I mean.

Eagle Point has a nice golf course, if you are into that as well.

The marina is nice and there is a nice restaurant there too... Ton's of places to eat in Bloomington as well. Also a lot of microbreweries to chose from. Upland and Lennie's are two of my favorites. Janko's Little Zagreb is the best place to go for steak... Little hole in the wall place with red and white checkered table cloths, a bit on the pricey side, but incredible steak!

Make sure you hit up Brewster's Ice Cream at the corner of 446 and 46 as you come into Bloomington from the lake.

Enjoy!

homer12
03-25-2014, 11:10 AM
TripleThreat was pretty right on. Skiing on the weekends is only good first thing in the morning and then sometimes right before sunset if it isn't windy. I hate travelling across it with kids in my 89 Tristar in the middle of the day because it beats my flat bottom boat to hell!