PDA

View Full Version : 1992 Prostar 190 Questions

RySchellCHL
03-27-2013, 02:39 PM
Hello all,

I recently purchased a 1992 Prostar 190 and need to do a few refurbishements, and was told this is the place to go for advise. Here is a list of my first few questions. Thank you everyone in advance for all advise. I hope to get pics up soon....

1. The driver seat actual bottom coushin is an insert piece (I hope yall know what I am talking about), and this is missing from the boat. I was planning on having this fabricated, but thought I would ask if there is somewhere I can buy this piece. My seat is grey. If I do need it fabricated and the seat reupholstered, I live in Nashville, TN. Can anyone recommend someone around these parts that is good??

2. The swim platform has a big crack on the last board away from the boat when mounted (thickest board). Is there a good way to fix this or a link to another thread discussing this?

3. Im also going to give the rest of the upholstery a good scrub down and conditioning. I figure I can find good instructions on this somewhere around this site, but thought Id ask if anybody has a quick suggestion.

Thanks again everyone, and I for one am counting down until some warm days come our way.

RySchellCHL
03-27-2013, 02:44 PM
Oh and one other thing...there is a sagging spot in the rear between the engine box and back bench seat. Is there an easy/good way to fix this without paying to get it done.

Thanks again everyone..if you cant tell this is my first Mastercraft endevour and Im hoping to learn a lot while workin on it.

PE4ME
03-27-2013, 02:48 PM
Many threads on 1. and 3.
Use products that wont eat stitching or degrade vinyl and be smart about it.
I faced a similar problem with my platform. I am not the type to glue anything especially boat related but I cleaned and prepped a good size crack that formed from neglect and used gorilla glue. Squeezed and wiped access off, sanded and refurbished with the 3 step teak deal and it was serviceable for the 4 years we used the boat...with 225 pounders in our crew. No one could tell unless I pointed it out.

east tx skier
03-27-2013, 03:46 PM
Welcome.

1. You can't buy it anywhere these days unless you get lucky and find one used. Your best bet is to have something fashioned by a good upholstery shop.

2. Glue or contact Teakworld in Lebanon, TN to see about getting a replacement piece made for that slat.

3. Mild detergent (no bleach) warm water, and a soft bristled brush will do wonders. Follow up with a vinyl protectant like 303 or Vinylex. Babes seat soap is also well reviewed.

SPSinclair 190
03-27-2013, 07:34 PM
WE need pictures !!!!

Jerseydave
03-27-2013, 07:44 PM
Welcome! I too would love to see pics of your boat! I have a '93 prostar and years ago had a '94. Since you have guest status contact SODAR on here and have yourself switched to member.

College Kid
03-27-2013, 07:48 PM
WE need pictures !!!!

X2!!!!!!

I am in the process of restoring my 92 right now, have a thread in this section (removing automotive paint from hull).

Soft spot that you speak of seems to be normal on all 190's and 205's it is a removable section that uncovers the exhausts and give easier access to the rudder assembly. As long as it's not totally warped I wouldn't worry about it. If it is so bad that you think it needs to be replaced there are a few threads on using starboard, or epoxy coated marine plywood to replace that section.

There is a ton of knowledge on this forum and everyone is here to help. As stated above we love pictures of old MC's!!!!! Lets see your new pride and joy!!!