PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Cadillac CTS 420-hp twin-turbo V-6

milkmania
03-27-2013, 02:39 PM
The 2014 Cadillac CTS may be the strongest challenge America's oldest luxury car brand has ever mounted against the European luxury-car makes that dominate U.S. sales. With an available 420-hp twin-turbo V-6 and an eight-speed transmission, the CTS will target buyers who usually don't give Cadillac the time of day before choosing a BMW 5-Series or Mercedes-Benz E-Class.

link & pics
http://autos.yahoo.com/photos/2014-cadillac-cts-slideshow/2014-cadillac-cts-photo--1476600233.html

PT 1999 ProStar
03-27-2013, 03:38 PM
link & pics
http://autos.yahoo.com/photos/2014-cadillac-cts-slideshow/2014-cadillac-cts-photo--1476600233.html

This is not your grandfathers Caddy! I will take one in gray please! WOW. That is sweet!

zsqure
03-27-2013, 09:00 PM
Sorry not a fanboy. Give me an m3 or rs5 more smiles from me. GM still ran by bean counters, they ran the car guys out of town to save a buck and Obama saved their a$$es.

JRW160
03-28-2013, 02:21 AM
Pickuptrucks.com is saying this engine will be GM's answer to the ecoboost in 2015

scott023
03-28-2013, 12:12 PM
Sorry not a fanboy. Give me an m3 or rs5 more smiles from me. GM still ran by bean counters, they ran the car guys out of town to save a buck and Obama saved their a$$es.

Take your euro garbage. See what your maintenance costs are once that RS5 is off warranty. Same with the Beemer. Oh yeah, all fluid changes are included in the price of my Caddy. Have a blast with your $250+ oil changes on the Audi.

Either you support our economy, or you support theirs.

03 35th Anniversary
03-28-2013, 12:33 PM
Take your euro garbage. See what your maintenance costs are once that RS5 is off warranty. Same with the Beemer. Oh yeah, all fluid changes are included in the price of my Caddy. Have a blast with your $250+ oil changes on the Audi.

But you're Canadian.....

scott023
03-28-2013, 12:39 PM
But you're Canadian.....

LOL. Vaild point, but I was refering to North American... :D

aquaman
03-28-2013, 01:08 PM
GM survives on US tax dollars, not on quality and innovation or service.

Have you noticed GM keeps trying to resucitate its past successful models only w/more horspower and new wheels ?

When those tax dollars cease to flow Your Caddy warranty will too. :rolleyes:

Honda, BMW, Audi, Nissan and Toyota have no competition for the American car market.

btw.....Good for Ford that is has prospered through hard work and good products.

CruisinGA
03-28-2013, 01:32 PM

Have you noticed GM keeps trying to resucitate its past successful models only w/more horspower and new wheels ?

Honda, BMW, Audi, Nissan and Toyota have no competition for the American car market.

btw.....Good for Ford that is has prospered through hard work and good products.

What's the primary difference between Honda, BMW, Audi, Nissan, Toyota and GM?

UNIONS!

It's pretty easy to see the DEMOCRAT vested interest in keeping UAW-labor companies afloat.

:rolleyes:

scott023
03-28-2013, 01:42 PM

Oh, I guess GM is the only manufacturerer that does this? :rolleyes: What a ridiculous comment.

aquaman
03-28-2013, 01:57 PM
Oh, I guess GM is the only manufacturerer that does this? :rolleyes: What a ridiculous comment.

Your guess would be incorrect, GM is just ONE of the most obvious and egregious examples of Union vote buying with US tax dollars.

scott023
03-28-2013, 02:14 PM
Your guess would be incorrect, GM is just ONE of the most obvious and egregious examples of Union vote buying with US tax dollars.

Look at what I highlighted in your post. Didn't have anything to do with unions.

aquaman
03-28-2013, 02:26 PM
Look at what I highlighted in your post. Didn't have anything to do with unions.

scott.....correct, but other manufacturers do not keep going back to the 1970's model yr.

think dodge charger, camaro, corvette, malibu. its the same ole stuff just repackaged.

its not just my opinion......the car buying public has voted w/dollars to make toyota, nissan + honda some of the most sought after brands. the same market placed GM into near bankruptcy.

you are entitled to your own opinion.....but not your own facts.
cheers my friend.

scott023
03-28-2013, 02:33 PM
scott.....correct, but other manufacturers do not keep going back to the 1970's model yr.

think dodge charger, camaro, corvette, malibu. its the same ole stuff just repackaged.

its not just my opinion......the car buying public has voted w/dollars to make toyota, nissan + honda some of the most sought after brands. the same market placed GM into near bankruptcy.

cheers my friend.

Have you read Consumer reports on 2011 and 2012 Hondas? As a brand, their quality has slipped, big time. Not my opinion, but the opinions of people that have bought the product. I have had my CTS for 3 years, absolutely zero issues with it. By comparison, my buddy has an Honda Accord V6 (top of the line, loaded), same year, with nothing but issues with drivetrain and electronics.

Just saying, like the debate between CC and MC, everyone has their right to pick what they buy. I much prefer the styling of the NA vehicles over the imports, and as I've never had issues with reliability with NA, there has never been a reason to seek change.

drschemel
03-28-2013, 02:34 PM
Why get a turbo V-6 when you can get a 600+hp V-8? Are caddy buyers sudenly worried about fuel consumption?

Specter
03-28-2013, 03:14 PM

If American car companies built anything worth driving I would certainly show up in their showrooms. I recently bought an Audi S4 and test drove everything under the sun before making my decision. Funny enough, I didn't drive anything from GM, Ford or Chrysler because all it took was sitting in the cockpit to realize how inferior those cars are when compared to anything German or Japanese. If the interior isn't thought out well I can only imagine how lax the rest of the car was engineered.

scott023
03-28-2013, 03:20 PM
If American car companies built anything worth driving I would certainly show up in their showrooms. I recently bought an Audi S4 and test drove everything under the sun before making my decision. Funny enough, I didn't drive anything from GM, Ford or Chrysler because all it took was sitting in the cockpit to realize how inferior those cars are when compared to anything German or Japanese. If the interior isn't thought out well I can only imagine how lax the rest of the car was engineered.

Shows a lack of care to not explore all of the potential options... at least I can say I did. You sure as heck don't know what's worth driving if you don't drive it. Takes a good driver to know how well a vehicle performs and stacks up against the competition without actually driving it. :twocents:

scott023
03-28-2013, 03:22 PM
Why get a turbo V-6 when you can get a 600+hp V-8? Are caddy buyers sudenly worried about fuel consumption?

My understanding is that the V6 with twins will still be available AWD. The CTS-V is not.

drschemel
03-28-2013, 03:47 PM
My understanding is that the V6 with twins will still be available AWD. The CTS-V is not.

Curse you, Obama!

Specter
03-28-2013, 04:16 PM
Shows a lack of care to not explore all of the potential options... at least I can say I did. You sure as heck don't know what's worth driving if you don't drive it. Takes a good driver to know how well a vehicle performs and stacks up against the competition without actually driving it. :twocents:

This all boils down to personal preference so an argument on the internet isn't going to help either one of us.

Personally, I don't care for the styling and build quality of American auto manufacturers but apparently you do which is fine with me.

I'm guessing since you're from Canada you'll approve of my Acura MDX purchase since it's made in your neck of the woods. 8p

scott023
03-28-2013, 05:41 PM
This all boils down to personal preference so an argument on the internet isn't going to help either one of us.

Personally, I don't care for the styling and build quality of American auto manufacturers but apparently you do which is fine with me.

I'm guessing since you're from Canada you'll approve of my Acura MDX purchase since it's made in your neck of the woods. 8p

Like the styling of the Acura lineup. No doudt about that. Still not buying one though.

Funny story. Went into the Acura dealer to compare the CTS and the RL. Flat out asked teh salesman what was better on the Acura than the Caddy. Guy tells me the Acura has quad exhaust, not just the dual that the Caddy has. I walked away. Funny how much a poor salesman can determine what your interest in the vehicle is.

Forrest-X45
03-28-2013, 06:01 PM

cheers my friend.

I see you left the mustang off your list. How do you not mention it and talk about the Camaro, Charger, and Corvette being repackaged from the 70's? I can't agree with the Corvette being repackaged.....that's just an ignorant statement if you know anything about cars. You obviously have your fandom but you failed to mention ford also took $6-8 billion from the federal govt. It just wasn't classified as buyout loan. So they didn't make it just on hard work and great products. Which of course is opinion, not a fact. They had plenty of help from our federal govt. too. It interesting how so many love to bring up the fact that GM took money but ford didn't.

Cheers.....

zsqure
03-28-2013, 07:45 PM
Take your euro garbage.

Hey I had a couple GM HD2500 crew cab diesels. Besides, if it is not a pickup or suv it's only worth 5 grand once you are done paying for it. Next domestic will be an F150. There is a reason why it has been the best selling pickup for longer than I have been driving. Other than that give me a VW, happy little motor and the only auto mfg to have the stones to market a diesel CAR for the past 25+ years in the US.

east tx skier
03-28-2013, 08:52 PM
Hey I had a couple GM HD2500 crew cab diesels. Besides, if it is not a pickup or suv it's only worth 5 grand once you are done paying for it. Next domestic will be an F150. There is a reason why it has been the best selling pickup for longer than I have been driving. Other than that give me a VW, happy little motor and the only auto mfg to have the stones to market a diesel CAR for the past 25+ years in the US.

Agree about VW. Great little cars. But maintenance is increased over Honda, Toyota, et al. with the increase in performance and, generally, better equipped cars that you get. Each time it is time for a new car, I always go check out a domestic (either Ford or Chevy since Chrysler has lost our business forever after my wife's horrible experience with them). Wasn't too impressed this time around. Maybe next time.

As for trucks, my 2001 Expedition has been an exceptional boat hauler and Christmas hauler. Hopefully, we will have it for many years to come.

mikeg205
03-28-2013, 10:31 PM

Toyota and club also get money from the Japanese government. I was able to be a major part of a major debate over the automotive industry. Luxury brands a great fun until it's repair time. $1000 bucks for an alternator for a lexus vs. hundreds for a domestic. GM, Ford, and Chrysler don't design cars for this audience. Trucks platforms excluded ;)

milkmania
03-29-2013, 01:12 AM
We had sunshine and 70 degrees here today..... how's your weather? http://deephousepage.com/smilies/whistle.gif

Specter
03-29-2013, 09:35 AM
Funny story. Went into the Acura dealer to compare the CTS and the RL. Flat out asked teh salesman what was better on the Acura than the Caddy. Guy tells me the Acura has quad exhaust, not just the dual that the Caddy has. I walked away. Funny how much a poor salesman can determine what your interest in the vehicle is.

A bad salesman can ruin the purchase, or lack thereof, of anything. I'm blessed to not only have one of the best MC dealers in town but also one of the best Acura/Audi dealerships in the country.

Thrall
03-29-2013, 12:18 PM

There's a boat for sale just posted in the Marketplace. You should ck I out. Sounds like it is right up your alley!!

gid
03-29-2013, 01:21 PM
What is a USA car anymore?
I had several Dodge trucks - Canada, Mexico built then shipped back to the USA for selling. Ford and GM do this too.
Here in TN we have Nissan and VW lines being made. Nissan employes a bunch of LOCAL folks. VW the same in Chattanooga and has invested billions for a battery building. Their cars are made here in USA and sold too. I would rather put the $$ in the pockets of local workers instead of workers in Mexico.

east tx skier
03-29-2013, 02:05 PM
What is a USA car anymore?
I had several Dodge trucks - Canada, Mexico built then shipped back to the USA for selling. Ford and GM do this too.
Here in TN we have Nissan and VW lines being made. Nissan employes a bunch of LOCAL folks. VW the same in Chattanooga and has invested billions for a battery building. Their cars are made here in USA and sold too. I would rather put the $$ in the pockets of local workers instead of workers in Mexico.

A lot of the Passats are made in TN. But I think most Jettas are made in Mexico. My CC was made in Germany. With VW, it depends on the car and engine where it is made.

The weirdest thing to hear people talk about is German quality versus German reliability. I have gained a bit of an understanding of that recently, and am reminded, before I take the family out of town, to make sure I have a spare coil pack in my trunk. :o The ride will be superb though.

gid
03-29-2013, 02:28 PM
Passats and an SUV are made here. I think VW will move most of the lines to TN as they are building another factory by Chattanooga. Nissan makes several lines here (Altima, Truck, SUV) IMO factory workers need the $ more than the CEO fat cat.
Re the German car - I drive a Porsche 911C4 (2001 year) as a daily driver. Never an issue. No squeaks, rattles, or complaints. I really enjoy the car.

captain planet
03-29-2013, 06:04 PM

You actually failed to mention the #1, #2, and #3 car companies with respect to putting quality on the roads.....and those would be in order, lexus, Subaru, and Mazda.

Toyota is #4, bmw is #12, Honda is #6, Audi is #8, and Nissan is #13 in the category of quality.

Cadillac is #14 btw. That new one is sweet. I would take that over any lexus, bmw, acura, or infinity. It is much less pretentious.

Specter
03-29-2013, 07:46 PM
There's a boat for sale just posted in the Marketplace. You should ck I out. Sounds like it is right up your alley!!

You referring to the Maori?

I'm not a fan of American-made cars...US made boats are a different story. Hence the reason I'm floating in an MC. :D