PDA

View Full Version : 1983 S&S Chips Gauges Repair help.

dolanmx305
03-24-2013, 11:43 PM
Picked up my first boat last summer, with just enough time to get it into the garage for winter. Loved the boat, but it has quite a few scratches and gauges in the hull.

How do I go about fixing these? I would like to take it in to get done I think, but I also want to buff/wax the hull. The decals all also need replacement. I'm thinking I will take off all the decals, then buff it out, and THEN take it in to get some of the gauges fixed. Is this the right process?

Im including 3 shots that are representative of the damages.

Also what can I expect to pay to get these fixed?

dolanmx305
03-26-2013, 01:06 PM
Can anyone recommend a good fiberglass repair shop in Wi?

thatsmrmastercraft
03-26-2013, 01:10 PM
Where in Wisconsin? There are a number of guys here from the land of cheese.

CC2MC
03-26-2013, 01:59 PM
Is that red metal flake? If so, it will be a little more difficult to repair. Nothing looks too bad though.

dolanmx305
03-26-2013, 04:57 PM
The boat is stored up in Minocqua, I'm in Madison.

Yes it's ready metal flake. Good price on the boat and the motor was in amazing cond. so I jumped on it. I sent many pictures to a fiberglass repair shop and was quoted a guesstimate number that made me choke.

Snipe
03-26-2013, 05:06 PM
Can anyone recommend a good fiberglass repair shop in Wi?

There is a guy in Whitewater, WI. The shop is called Al's Professional Fiberglass Boat Repair, LLC
578 E. Clay St. His name is Allen Stark 262.472.9290. This guy is good He runs the business by himself so no shortcuts. Give him a call and see what he has to say. Easy to talk to but he's busy.
www.alsprofiberglass.com

dolanmx305
03-26-2013, 10:49 PM
Well, it looks like its going to cost more than I can stick into it right now, so for the time being, I think I may just order what I need to just being back the shine and look at getting the scratches fixed down the road when I have the money. Anyone see any issue with this?