PDA

View Full Version : Alabama MC owners

2012X45
03-24-2013, 10:30 PM
Hey Guys...

All you other MC owners here is Alabama need to go to the "Social Groups" and join the Alabama group so we can all share local info easier.

CC2MC
03-25-2013, 10:45 AM
Done.

JRW160
03-25-2013, 10:47 AM
I didn't know the social groups section existed.

76S&S
03-25-2013, 03:06 PM
Done...

dvsone79
03-25-2013, 07:37 PM
I didn't know the social groups section existed.

Me neither!

jafo9
03-25-2013, 09:08 PM
i'm in.

texasjet
03-26-2013, 10:10 AM
Not from Alabama but have family there. How on the forum do you get to the social groups area?

JRW160
03-26-2013, 11:03 AM
It's under quick links towards the top of the page

CC2MC
03-26-2013, 11:09 AM
Go to quick links and look for social groups.

Double
03-26-2013, 11:19 AM
signed up, thanks for the info. I didn't know about the social groups

2012X45
03-26-2013, 05:00 PM
Absolutely!

CantRepeat
03-28-2013, 02:33 PM
ROLL TIDE!!! http://www.aterimperium.com/images/bama.png

wakeX2wake
03-28-2013, 02:55 PM
i'm in guys...

ps went weekend before last (Sunday 3/17) to lake harding... was in a nauti and the temp was being funny... full wet suit it was bearable... this weekend and the next couple are kind of shot for me but hopefully will be back on the water soon

jafo9
03-28-2013, 04:05 PM
here are a few pics i took yesterday on smith. the weather was nice enough to take the pontoon out to enjoy some sunshine. i was stunned to find these docks not too far from mine. our little neighborhood didn't get any damage from the bad storms over spring break. these guys are about 4 miles north of duncan bridge on the east side on main sipsey. pretty crummy way to be starting this years boating season.

Astepatatime
03-28-2013, 10:20 PM
Wow, didn't know it got that bad up there. We live near the Barons baseball stadium (at least it was!) and the wind got pretty ferocious. Leaves were swirling around like they wanted to get to a funnel cloud.

We've got a big house rented up that way for July. Family reunion thing. That yellow house looks a little like it. Yikes.

2012X45
03-28-2013, 10:56 PM
Wow, didn't know it got that bad up there. We live near the Barons baseball stadium (at least it was!) and the wind got pretty ferocious. Leaves were swirling around like they wanted to get to a funnel cloud.

We've got a big house rented up that way for July. Family reunion thing. That yellow house looks a little like it. Yikes.

I live in Trace Crossings. Are you in the same area?

Astepatatime
03-29-2013, 09:12 AM
I live in Trace Crossings. Are you in the same area?

Yep, Scout Creek portion!

tideengineer
03-29-2013, 12:45 PM
Wow....I lived in Tree Crossings in 1997....long time ago for me....

2012X45
03-29-2013, 08:06 PM
I am in Scout Creek as well. I am up on Scout Ridge Dr.

tideengineer - You would probably not want to live in Ridge Crossings (fka Tree Crossings) anymore. It has gone down hill.

Theclarks1111
03-29-2013, 08:13 PM
i'm in guys...

ps went weekend before last (Sunday 3/17) to lake harding... was in a nauti and the temp was being funny... full wet suit it was bearable... this weekend and the next couple are kind of shot for me but hopefully will be back on the water soon

Saw you guys out there... Were you on the nautique with the air chair? We were out in our yellow x2 doing a little cold weather surfing!

Astepatatime
03-30-2013, 09:24 AM

Unbelievable. We're neighbors...I'm on the same street. Not going to put my street number in a public forum, but will send you a message.

Assume you went to Rambo for your boat? Good guys. Bennett (Sylacauga store) has been great to work with.

tideengineer
03-30-2013, 05:00 PM

tideengineer - You would probably not want to live in Ridge Crossings (fka Tree Crossings) anymore. It has gone down hill.

Man I had just graduated from Bama in t-town and worked for an engineering firm in Riverchase. I watch Micheal Jordan play baseball at the Met. Those were simple days. I had a 1996 Polaris jet ski I took to Lay lake.

CC2MC
03-30-2013, 07:12 PM
Unbelievable. We're neighbors...I'm on the same street. Not going to put my street number in a public forum, but will send you a message.

Assume you went to Rambo for your boat? Good guys. Bennett (Sylacauga store) has been great to work with.

That is funny. I live about 5 miles from both of y'all, off of Patton Chapel, just up from the Preserve. Small world.

2012X45
03-30-2013, 08:22 PM
Man I had just graduated from Bama in t-town and worked for an engineering firm in Riverchase. I watch Micheal Jordan play baseball at the Met. Those were simple days. I had a 1996 Polaris jet ski I took to Lay lake.

I had a 94 Polaris SLT750. Those were more simple days!

2012X45
03-30-2013, 08:23 PM
That is funny. I live about 5 miles from both of y'all, off of Patton Chapel, just up from the Preserve. Small world.

That's crazy. I was in The Preserve just yesterday checking a property.

Theclarks1111
03-31-2013, 10:06 AM
Signed up!

jafo9
04-08-2013, 10:35 PM
anyone know of a shop that will repair canvas? i'd like to get my cover repaired before the season starts. thanks.

2012X45
04-09-2013, 02:21 AM
Try Leave it to Weaver. (205) 796-4788. www.l2wupholstery.com

wakeX2wake
04-09-2013, 02:07 PM
Saw you guys out there... Were you on the nautique with the air chair? We were out in our yellow x2 doing a little cold weather surfing!

close. black nauti with no air chair. didn't see anything but fishing boats when we were out. anytime you see the blue w/ silver flake x2 come say hey. probably be a couple weeks before we get back out but we will be for sure out for some mid-week riding soon.

Astepatatime
04-13-2013, 07:54 PM
First trip of the year up to Smith. Just a gorgeous day to be on the lake. Water temp is still a bit cool for any watersports without a wetsuit. Gauge said the low 60's. I'll go in that temp, but prefer it to get to upper 60's first. We were still in our Crownline. MC arrives in about a month. Can't wait!

I had wondered if Thursday's storms had caused any more damage in addition to that of a few weeks ago. But the guys and Duskin Pointe said it was just heavy rain.

Did our first good boating deed of the the year. Saw a boat right under Duncan Bridge, dead in the middle of the span, not moving. As we approached, I thought to myself "hmm, could you pick a better place to do whatever you're doing?" Then as we got closer, saw the engine cowling up. Idl'ed over and the boat was full with two families. They'd just started out, about 1000 feet from their house, and overheated. Towed them back to the dock. Felt bad for them - they looked like they were ready for a big day on the lake.

CC2MC
04-13-2013, 10:23 PM
That is always a bad feeling when you have a boat full and then start having engine problems. At least they were not far from home. That is good info to know about the water temp. I am sure Martin is similar, but I will find out next weekend. I am the same way too about getting in the water. I like the temps a little closer to 70 and with my shorty wet suit, it is just about right.

jafo9
04-14-2013, 10:50 AM
i've had to be towed twice on smith. both times i was lucky to find someone fairly quickly. i figure there may be some karma involved, so i always try to help when i can. i think i've towed 3 in the past few years.

Astepatatime
05-22-2013, 09:11 AM
Hey all Alabama MC'ers...what are you plans for the Memorial Day weekend?

I think we're looking at day trips to Smith Lake on Saturday and Monday. But might hit it Sunday too!

New wakesurf board arrives this week, so Saturday will be a day of experimenting with surfing and teaching my wife the controls on the new boat.

Weather's looking great with 80's and low chance of rain.

CantRepeat
05-22-2013, 09:32 AM
We'll probably be up on Harding.

I think we are going to Martin the last week of June. My wife has class that week so not sure when we'll get there.

BWB-745-
05-22-2013, 05:58 PM
Smith all weekend, headed back Monday afternoon for the NBA Western finals. Go Grizz

davidstan
05-22-2013, 07:49 PM
On Wedowee all weekend hope to see some forum folks!

jafo9
05-22-2013, 08:34 PM
smith this weekend for me. took the x30 up yesterday and left it at duncan. spent a good bit of time cleaning all the junk off the dock. went to double springs to register the most recent addition to the fleet (race prepped SXR800). if any of you guys own land in winston county, those folks are the nicest and most helpful DMV folks around. i had to wait maybe 30 seconds to get helped. got my registration in about 10 minutes.

CC2MC
05-22-2013, 10:38 PM
Lake Martin all weekend and Monday!!! I can't wait! I get to get on the Sky Ski for the third time and hopefully learn more to get the hang of it. Looks like I will be doing some early morning runs with all the traffic that I am expecting, provided I can find a driver.

JAFo9, you got an SXR800?! That is one of my favorite machines. That and the Yamaha Superjet. Have fun with that.

jafo9
05-22-2013, 10:59 PM
i've got a round nose superjet as well. its got a plate/grate/impeller and a B-pipe. i've been looking for a SXR for a while for the wife and kids. they are getting hard to find so i jumped on an ex race ski that i found in atlanta. it has an ADA head, B-pipe, extended plate, grate, custom impeller in a pump that has been set back 5 degrees, and tubbies. i've ridden it some but for now i still prefer the SJ. my son, however, prefers the SXR. my younger girls ride my stock 650sx.

i'd love to sky ski, i just can't justify the price of admission. good luck this weekend.

CC2MC
05-22-2013, 11:47 PM
Price of admission is high, but then again, with all your toys, it sounds like you have that high admission price taken care of. You are welcome to come try my ski out if you are ever at Lake Martin. I do not have a high end set up like some of the more serious guys have, but I just want to learn on this entry level model and see if I can progress a little, then maybe I will upgrade to another higher end ski.

76S&S
05-23-2013, 09:01 AM
Wy wife sells at arts and crafts shows. We will be at Lake Martin Saturday and Sunday selling at Art on the Lake. It is a fund raiser put on by Childrens Harbour (20% of sales goes to the CH). CH provides resources to families with seriously ill children.

Hopefully we will be on Lake Tuscaloosa on Monday.

CantRepeat
05-23-2013, 09:05 AM
Lake Martin all weekend and Monday!!! I can't wait! I get to get on the Sky Ski for the third time and hopefully learn more to get the hang of it. Looks like I will be doing some early morning runs with all the traffic that I am expecting, provided I can find a driver.

JAFo9, you got an SXR800?! That is one of my favorite machines. That and the Yamaha Superjet. Have fun with that.

Did you buy a Sky Ski? I've got a first gen air chair that I've had since summer of 94. I bought it from Tommy's Slalom shop online while I was in Korea. I don't ride it much anymore, too hard on the lower back.

CC2MC
05-23-2013, 10:51 AM
I did buy a Sky Ski. Part of the reason I bought it was bc I didn't think it was supposed to be as bad on my lower back as wakeboarding, but so far that is not the case. I think part of that is the fact that I am leaning so far forward to prevent porpoising. It will just take some practice and tips from someone that knows what they are doing.

CantRepeat
05-23-2013, 12:14 PM
I did buy a Sky Ski. Part of the reason I bought it was bc I didn't think it was supposed to be as bad on my lower back as wakeboarding, but so far that is not the case. I think part of that is the fact that I am leaning so far forward to prevent porpoising. It will just take some practice and tips from someone that knows what they are doing.

I can offer some rookie tips, because that's all I am on it. Learned in 94 at Parker AZ on a holiday weekend. It was rough and *****.

Don't let your backside hang off the back of the seat.

To stay in the taxi position keep your hand up high.

Once you establish the taxi you can start to lower you hands to come off the water.

I shift my knees to change my weight in order to change my direction.

The sky ski/air chair seems to use a lot of core muscles to ride and less arms then you might think.

We are renting a house up on Martin, Cooper Creek, the last week in June so maybe we can get together and toss some notes around.

2012X45
05-23-2013, 01:43 PM
We will be making day trips to Logan Martin, Saturday thru Monday. Can't wait until we close on our lake house at the beginning of July!

CC2MC
06-05-2013, 08:09 PM
I can offer some rookie tips, because that's all I am on it. Learned in 94 at Parker AZ on a holiday weekend. It was rough and *****.

Don't let your backside hang off the back of the seat.

To stay in the taxi position keep your hand up high.

Once you establish the taxi you can start to lower you hands to come off the water.

I shift my knees to change my weight in order to change my direction.

The sky ski/air chair seems to use a lot of core muscles to ride and less arms then you might think.

We are renting a house up on Martin, Cooper Creek, the last week in June so maybe we can get together and toss some notes around.

We are down past Real Island Marina. Cooper Creek is down past Chimney Rock, close to the dam, which is a little ways from us. Let me know though and maybe we can meet up somewhere. I still have yet to meet another TT member at the lake, although I know they have to be there. There are several MC over by me, some of which I know, but don't think any are on TT.

georgea0731
06-05-2013, 10:18 PM
We ski at a slalom course across from Smith's Landing in Sandy Creek area. I too see several MCs on the lake, but don't know if any of them are TT members. I always wave, but some don't.
Best wishes,

76S&S
06-06-2013, 08:51 AM
We ski at a slalom course across from Smith's Landing in Sandy Creek area. I too see several MCs on the lake, but don't know if any of them are TT members. I always wave, but some don't.
Best wishes,

That just burns me up when someone doesn't wave back. There was a time.......oh hell, a lot has changed since then.:(

CC2MC
06-06-2013, 08:34 PM
That just burns me up when someone doesn't wave back. There was a time.......oh hell, a lot has changed since then.:(

I have grown up waving at everyone, no matter if you know them or not. That same thing is big with motorcycle guys, as I used to be one. It used to make me so angry when someone would not wave that obviously saw me. They were usually on a Harley and they didn't like waving at someone on a sport bike. Boats are really no different IMO. Most people wave and I like that. My wife never understood why I waved at everyone, but now I think she gets it. I will be out there waving this weekend.

76S&S
06-07-2013, 08:46 AM
I'm the same way, grew up waving at everyone and still do.

Now if I wave a couple of times at the same boat and they still don't wave back, they may get the one finger wave next time!

Astepatatime
06-07-2013, 08:46 AM
I have grown up waving at everyone, no matter if you know them or not. That same thing is big with motorcycle guys, as I used to be one. It used to make me so angry when someone would not wave that obviously saw me. They were usually on a Harley and they didn't like waving at someone on a sport bike. Boats are really no different IMO. Most people wave and I like that. My wife never understood why I waved at everyone, but now I think she gets it. I will be out there waving this weekend.

I'm a waver. Probably initiate the wave about 70% of the time. To me, it's just part of the boating/lake mindset - happy, relaxed, friendly.

bamabonners
07-05-2013, 08:58 PM
I always wave - I don't care if it is a pontoon, ski boat, or runabout. Jet skis on the other hand..... LOL!