PDA

View Full Version : Ski extenders that won't fit

Grant777
03-23-2013, 04:46 PM
Hey guys,

Just got a set of the ski extenders. I'm having trouble getting them to fit my 2008 X-2 tower. The small hooked end fits the board holders fine, it's the big end that attaches to the tower that's giving me problem. The hole orientation seems wrong especially when compared to the picture on the Mastercraft by design website. I'm also missing pins and screws. Any ideas? Thanks as always. 9169191692

texasjet
03-23-2013, 05:47 PM
Might just give Mastercraft by design. We bought some rear speaker cover a year or so back and one of the tweeter covers just did not work at all. Holes did not line up and threads and screw hole pattern were just wrong.

So after a phone call where the guy at MCBD thought I was nuts. They realized they had a bad run with wrong threads. They sent me a new set with no issues, just a delay.

Grant777
04-01-2013, 01:38 AM
Kevin at MCBD was very helpful and pointed out that they were ski racks from an earlier model. He offered to have some fittings made to get the rack to fit but it seems cheaper just to return this set and buy a new pair.