PDA

View Full Version : NCAA March Madness 2013

Barefooter92
03-21-2013, 01:02 PM
We all do it, has anyone started a group on ESPN that we can all join and have a TT members only bracket challenge?

TN Barefooter
03-21-2013, 01:04 PM
If someone gets it up and running, count me in.

jdl xstar
03-21-2013, 01:09 PM
Tourney starts in less than 10 minutes so this might be a little late.. This is a great idea though and it would be fun to have a teamtalk bracket...

FWIW I submitted 2 at my work.. one with Miami winning, one with Louisville.

TN Barefooter
03-21-2013, 01:10 PM
Tourney starts in less than 10 minutes so this might be a little late.. This is a great idea though and it would be fun to have a teamtalk bracket...

FWIW I submitted 2 at my work.. one with Miami winning, one with Louisville.

I like how you think, they both look strong. Both teams seem to peaking at just the right time.

Barefooter92
03-21-2013, 01:31 PM
Alright...for those of you that filled out brackets on ESPN I just created a group for us

Group:Team Talk 2
Password: Mastercraft

The group is private so you will need the password to enter, no limit on entries.

Come join the fun, maybe someone from MCBD will donate a shirt to the winner!

Double D
03-21-2013, 02:54 PM
Alright...for those of you that filled out brackets on ESPN I just created a group for us

The group is private so you will need the password to enter, no limit on entries.

Confused on how to get into the group. Filled out a bracket but not even sure where that is... maybe we to late.

captain planet
03-21-2013, 04:47 PM

It could be an all BIG TEN Final Four!

DemolitionMan
03-21-2013, 07:37 PM
It could be an all BIG TEN Final Four!

:uglyhamme:uglyhamme:uglyhamme

captain planet
03-21-2013, 08:13 PM
Go South Dakota State!

captain planet
03-21-2013, 08:16 PM
:uglyhamme:uglyhamme:uglyhamme

And you are ugly hammering because........?????

Astepatatime
03-21-2013, 08:24 PM
Go South Dakota State!

So Cap'n, my powers of deduction tell me you're either a Buckeye or a Spartan. My guess is the former, since you're in Canton. All I can say is Go Blue!

BTW, my sis land mom live in Canton and was just there this weekend. Long drive from my current home in Alabama!

mzimme
03-21-2013, 08:42 PM
Kansas all the way baby! I have them beating Louisville in my money bracket. I pick Kansas every year, it's worked out for me in the past... im such a homer. :)

Theclarks1111
03-21-2013, 09:02 PM
This is definitely something that could be put together for next year!

DemolitionMan
03-21-2013, 09:07 PM
And you are ugly hammering because........?????

All big ten final four.:D

Barefooter92
03-22-2013, 02:09 PM
Just checked and no one has joined

Try again

Group: Team Talk 2 (Not "team talk" as this one is locked)
Password : Mastercraft

02ProstarSammyD
03-22-2013, 08:57 PM
and ncsu is out. Now I can smile

Ole Miss Rebels
03-23-2013, 01:00 AM
Hotty Toddy. Go Ole Miss Rebels and Marshall Henderson. Land Sharks, baby. Woohoo.

shepherd
03-24-2013, 12:58 AM
Go Iowa State!

LaRue
03-24-2013, 01:11 AM
^^^ absolutely!

captain planet
03-24-2013, 02:26 PM
I meant to post this yesterday.....go VCU.

OK, so go Kansas or tar heels!

mlawler34
03-24-2013, 03:04 PM
Man! A lot of haters here. I'm a die hard Michigan fan but I am definitely hoping for an all BIG 10 final four, essentially proving how good this conference really is. That's my take and not everyone will agree.

However, we put a freaking spanking on VcU and embarrassed Shaka. And let me tell you that a hole deserved it after he was still pressing an Akron team missing three starters while he was up 30. It's just bad taste and you don't do that. So thank you Coach B and Michigan for providing that bit of karma. Especially when he called time out to check in 5 bench players!!

shepherd
03-24-2013, 07:12 PM
------------------------------------

shepherd
03-24-2013, 07:13 PM
Go Arizona!

Double D
03-24-2013, 08:51 PM
Good win for the Buckeyes. Not always pretty, but its a win!

woobiedmd
03-24-2013, 09:17 PM
I'm from Philly! Bummin' that Temple lost but Lasalle is brewin right now!

Jerseydave
03-24-2013, 11:46 PM
I'm from Philly! Bummin' that Temple lost but Lasalle is brewin right now!

Nice win Lasalle! Great game right to the end.

Ron Grover
03-24-2013, 11:53 PM
Rock Chalk Jayhawk -- Go KU

captain planet
03-25-2013, 02:39 PM
Ugh, I feel dirty saying this, but GO Kansas. I can't stand the Jayhawks.....but even if they were Russia I'd root for them over meatchicken.

captain planet
03-25-2013, 02:42 PM
Good will for the Buckeyes. Not always pretty, but its a win!

Hey, the way they were handing out cheap shots to Craft yesterday, it was much deserving that he buried them at the end.

Go Spartans! Send Kryzyzuski packing.

mlawler34
03-25-2013, 02:48 PM
Duke is 22 or 23 and 1 with Kelly in the line up. Yea, I'm taking Duke. Coach K > Izzo.

mzimme
03-27-2013, 09:44 AM
Ugh, I feel dirty saying this, but GO Kansas. I can't stand the Jayhawks.....but even if they were Russia I'd root for them over meatchicken.

Why the hate? Rock chalk baby! Fun facts: bill self has never lost to Michigan. Bill self is 8-1 in sweet sixteen games.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk.

mlawler34
03-27-2013, 12:17 PM
This is a tough weekend for me. When Michigan was awful at basketball I had to resort to being fans of other teams as well. I became a huge Kansas fan because of Hinrich and Collison. Their pick and roll was flawless. I picked them to win the National Championship over Memphis when Calipari was there. And have liked seeing them get better this season.

But Michigan is still my team. They have that swagger back that they had in late January. If they shoot well in Texas look out Kansas. I was at the Kansas at Michigan game I think two years ago where a Michigan team not nearly as good as this one took the Kansas big men twins into overtime. That Kansas team was better than this Kansas team. So we shall see how this one ends up!

captain planet
03-27-2013, 01:59 PM
Why the hate? Rock chalk baby! Fun facts: bill self has never lost to Michigan. Bill self is 8-1 in sweet sixteen games.

Not really hate, just like duke and Kentucky just tired of seeing them there every year. Here we are sweet 16 and Kansas is hanging around again. Great program and I respect them, but that doesn't mean I have to like them. It's kind of refreshing not to have Kentucky in the big dance. I enjoy seeing the smaller schools coming up and challenge the big guys.

mzimme
03-27-2013, 02:15 PM
I hear ya... Blue blood programs are usually disliked if you're not an alum or a fan. For me, it's pretty amazing watching what Self keeps doing. We've been at the top of our game every year, year in and year out, no matter the players. Take Kentucky for example.. lots of talent, yet a first round NIT loss. That just shows how good of a program Self runs over there.. he doesn't have down years at all. Hell, the guy has more Big12 Conferenence titles in a ROW (9) than he has losses at home since he's been there (8). He's achieved 300 total wins for KU in 10 years, it's unbelievable to be average 30 wins/season. I just love it... :)

captain planet
03-28-2013, 11:04 PM
Go Arizona!

??????????????????????????????

Double D
03-29-2013, 12:19 AM
What the heck with stopping play after the Bucks 3 pointer?? A free time out for Arizona!! Game was over!!! Bucks WIN!! Two games in a row now where the other team should NOT have had more time!

StrmChzr
03-29-2013, 10:29 AM
RCJH -Go KU!

http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/4587/imagewqd.jpg

mzimme
03-29-2013, 03:59 PM
What the heck with stopping play after the Bucks 3 pointer?? A free time out for Arizona!! Game was over!!! Bucks WIN!! Two games in a row now where the other team should NOT have had more time!

Bucks got lucky the ref botched the block/charge call on Craft late in the game against Iowa State ;)

Lots of Jayhawks on this board. I like it!! Time for a wolverine to meet it's maker... a mythical bird! Bring it!

mlawler34
03-29-2013, 11:12 PM
Kansas fans and Captain Planet. Meet the best player in the country. True Burke

captain planet
03-29-2013, 11:45 PM

Deshaun Thomas

Double D
03-29-2013, 11:47 PM
Bucks got lucky the ref botched the block/charge call on Craft late in the game against Iowa State ;)

Lots of Jayhawks on this board. I like it!! Time for a wolverine to meet it's maker... a mythical bird! Bring it!

Oops...... :rolleyes:

mlawler34
03-30-2013, 01:06 AM
Deshaun Thomas

Haha to each his own. But Trey is likely to take home Player of the Year award

Astepatatime
03-30-2013, 10:32 AM
G'morning all from a Wolverine. Hurting a bit this morning, as it was imperative to celebrate last night :)

That finish wiped away the missed buzzer shot against OSU, the Wisconsin prayer from half court that beat us, and the layup that rolled off the rim against Indiana.

Plus, Duke took care of business against MSU. All is getting right in the world. Maybe we'll see an OSU/UM rematch.

captain planet
03-30-2013, 11:43 AM
G'morning all from a Wolverine. Hurting a bit this morning, as it was imperative to celebrate last night :)

That finish wiped away the missed buzzer shot against OSU, the Wisconsin prayer from half court that beat us, and the layup that rolled off the rim against Indiana.

Plus, Duke took care of business against MSU. All is getting right in the world. Maybe we'll see an OSU/UM rematch.

For the record, there is no winner in the meatchicken vs. southern meatchicken game.

mlawler34
03-31-2013, 08:14 PM
Michigan has rendered Captain Planet speechless!

For now...... Haha

Barefooter92
03-31-2013, 10:25 PM
Anyone see the L'ville leg break?

I feel bad for the poor guy, hope he returns to the court for next year. God Speed.

mlawler34
03-31-2013, 10:38 PM
I saw it and wish that I wouldn't have. Horrific. And you just feel for the kid. Amazing to see him ask for his teammates before he was carried out. Looking forward to him making a full recovery.

shepherd
04-01-2013, 12:44 AM
Wait, what happened to all the Big 10 Teams?

Oh yeah, there's still one...

Hey CP :wavey:

Barefooter92
04-01-2013, 08:41 AM
Thats the problem with MICHIGAN fans...they have no filter!

mlawler34
04-01-2013, 11:45 AM

The same argument can be made for any fan base. Including MSU and I am assuming an Ohio State fan...

bbymgr
04-01-2013, 11:56 AM
Dukies get sent home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Barefooter92
04-01-2013, 01:27 PM
The same argument can be made for any fan base. Including MSU and I am assuming an Ohio State fan...

I agree 100% that is why I am a disappointed Hoosier!:D

Barefooter92
04-01-2013, 01:28 PM
BBYMGR: From your vantage point I assume you missed the action infront of the Louisville bench? Looks like you had great seats.

captain planet
04-01-2013, 01:33 PM
Michigan has rendered Captain Planet speechless!

For now...... Haha

No, not speechless just busy. There is a 75% chance I will be smiling on April 8th because neither meatchicken or duke will be hoisting the trophy.

bbymgr
04-01-2013, 01:46 PM
BBYMGR: From your vantage point I assume you missed the action infront of the Louisville bench? Looks like you had great seats.

We couldn't see what was going on. The scorers table blocked our view. It was so quiet in there........it was very weird. We had 6th row seats compliments of my oldest sister. You gotta love free stuff!:D

Astepatatime
04-01-2013, 10:46 PM
No, not speechless just busy. There is a 75% chance I will be smiling on April 8th because neither meatchicken or duke will be hoisting the trophy.

Hey Cap'n,

Well it's a pretty safe bet Duke won't be. As for my Wolverines, we'll see. Definitely have our hands full with 'cuse and Louisville looks to be at the top of their game right now.

I really thought you guys would handle Wichita State. They surprised me, and Craft picked a bad night to have one of his worst games of the year. You guys were a different team the second half of the year, once Ross got going.

Hey, at least its time for spring practice! ;)

shepherd
04-01-2013, 11:40 PM

Right. I works both ways bud. :cool:

mzimme
04-02-2013, 02:54 PM
That loss of Kansas' hurt more than a lot of others I've seen. Props to Burke, the kid was clutch. We pulled a Memphis '08 in the NC... couldn't close out the game. Oh well, can't win them all, and at least we lost to a solid Michigan squad. Rock Chalk.

scott023
04-02-2013, 03:01 PM

8-2....

mzimme
04-02-2013, 03:08 PM
8-2....

Damnit.

scott023
04-02-2013, 03:11 PM
Damnit.

:D:D:D

Those darn stats serve to kick a person in the pants sometimes, don't they.

mzimme
04-02-2013, 03:21 PM
:D:D:D

Those darn stats serve to kick a person in the pants sometimes, don't they.

Yeah, it seems like every time I start to gloat we lose. Bucknell and Bradley were particularly bad.

scott023
04-02-2013, 03:28 PM
Yeah, it seems like every time I start to gloat we lose. Bucknell and Bradley were particularly bad.

Karma... 8p

mlawler34
04-02-2013, 03:55 PM

I was at the Bradley game in Auburn Hills, MI. It was awful. Picked them to win it that year.

mzimme
04-02-2013, 03:58 PM
I was at the Bradley game in Auburn Hills, MI. It was awful. Picked them to win it that year.

I pick them to win it EVERY year. That's what I get for being a homer. Worked in '08 though! haha.

Astepatatime
04-05-2013, 10:31 AM
Family is heading over to Atlanta today to watch tomorrow's semifinal games. Being less than 3 hours away made it impossible not to attend, even though tickets were steep!

Should be fun - first time to a Final Four for me, even though I've been watching them for almost thirty years.

Go Blue!

GT500 MC
04-05-2013, 11:21 AM
Family is heading over to Atlanta today to watch tomorrow's semifinal games. Being less than 3 hours away made it impossible not to attend, even though tickets were steep!

Should be fun - first time to a Final Four for me, even though I've been watching them for almost thirty years.

Go Blue!

Sounds like a good Saturday night. Final Four is definitely on my bucket list. I've been to a couple of 1st/2nd round games but honestly they were pretty boring---no local team so crowd was very subdued.
Another UM fan here---should be a great game vs Orange. Lot of big, long athletes on each team. Go Blue!

jdl xstar
04-05-2013, 11:51 AM
I'm sitting at #3 in my office pool and if Louisville wins out, i am guarnteed to place second earning me a cool 70 bucks - basically the amount needed for your average day on the boat. :(

mzimme
04-05-2013, 11:54 AM

Go Blue!

You'll have fun... especially if your team wins. I was at the 08 Final Four when all four #1 seeds made it (Kansas, UNC, Memphis, UCLA). I got to watch my 'hawks win a national championship and have a great long weekend in San Antonio. One of the best decisions I've made :). Have fun!

captain planet
04-06-2013, 10:30 PM
Go Syracuse!

captain planet
04-06-2013, 10:55 PM
Go Louisville.

Astepatatime
04-07-2013, 08:58 PM
You'll have fun... especially if your team wins. I was at the 08 Final Four when all four #1 seeds made it (Kansas, UNC, Memphis, UCLA). I got to watch my 'hawks win a national championship and have a great long weekend in San Antonio. One of the best decisions I've made :). Have fun!

You were absolutely right - had a blast. Was a great first game to watch. Really felt for the Shockers fans....they were so fired up and it all came crashing down.

For our game, we were surrounded by a lot of 'cuse fans. They were very confident before the game, then couldn't believe it when we took a lead. Man it was intense to the end. We tried to give it away with missed free throws, but held on.

Really a great experience for a hoops junkie like me. Spent most of the day in BracketTown, which is set up for a bunch of hoops stuff and exhibitions. Great atmosphere all the way around and had a lot of fun with fans from all four teams. A little rivalry between L'ville and 'Cuse, but other than that, just great college sports.

Now I can't wait to go back for the finals tomorrow night. Apprehensive of course, as I've been the last few games. But the Wolverines keep finding a way - someone stepping up each night. No matter what happens, a lot of fun and a great memory.

captain planet
04-08-2013, 08:09 PM
Tell me the hatred stops at football.......every Big 10 State chose meatchicken to win tonight except Ohio. Pennsylvania was red for a while before I captured this.

zsqure
04-08-2013, 08:43 PM
I'm rooting for Louisville. Never been a meatchicken fan. Even if their colors are Akron and kent.

Double D
04-08-2013, 09:24 PM
I'm rooting for Louisville. Never been a meatchicken fan. Even if their colors are Akron and kent.

Same here square!! Go Louisville.

lakeoz tristar
04-08-2013, 11:03 PM
Hmmmm?

mlawler34
04-09-2013, 01:25 AM
You can say what you want. Michigan was the better team.

captain planet
04-09-2013, 01:31 AM
You can say what you want. Michigan was the better team.

.....but if they were....wouldn't they have had more points at the end of the game?

Theotherhalf
04-09-2013, 01:48 AM
The best teams in sport don't always win championships. Anyone who has ever played sports knows that. You can be unbeatable all season, yet at the worst possible time, you don't win.
That's what makes sport what it is. There are no guarantees. No matter how strong of a team you are, you go out, play the game and hope for the best.

Both teams played their hearts out, left it on the court. It was close, not a blow out. HAIL

Let fantasy football begin. ;)

46Chief
04-09-2013, 11:50 AM
No way they would of won if Siva ever got called for traveling. I hate how the refs can dictate the momentum of basketball.

Not a Mich fan, but a huge supporter of John Belien, one of the most classiest coaches in the game.

jdl xstar
04-09-2013, 11:56 AM
Great game!!

Came in #2 in my office pool out of 20 entries. 94.7%tile on ESPN.

As Charlie Sheen would say.....WINNING!

Astepatatime
04-09-2013, 02:16 PM
Was fortunate to be able to attend both Saturday's games and yesterday's championship. The atmosphere in the arena was electric. That first half was as exciting a half as I can recall. Almost had the sense of those heavyweight fights of the 70's and 80's where they just kept slugging each other.

Congrats to Louisville. They made the plays they needed, when they needed. Very impressive team.