PDA

View Full Version : Quick help, LATE OFF SEASON WINTERIZING

Beg4wake
03-19-2013, 01:01 PM
Quick help....I just bought my Mastercraft from a dealer that kept the boat in a heated facility therefor they did not fully winterize it (i.e. no antifreeze through coolant system. Here in VA we only have a couple weeks of cold weather left. However over the next few nights it is supposed to get down into the mid to upper 20's. I would have to leave work early today in order to get it done...but should I go ahead and drain the block and run antifreeze through the boat just in case?? Or would I be fine....

east tx skier
03-19-2013, 02:51 PM
Is it stored outside?

I would at least drain it and pull it around on the trailer to make sure you get the waters out of the little pockets in the engine. I'm overly cautious about these things. But, then again, I have never had a block freeze as a result of my method.

davidstan
03-19-2013, 02:51 PM
just draining the block should do it. Temps in the low 30's i wouldnt worry but 20's is a different matter. Definitely drain.

thatsmrmastercraft
03-19-2013, 04:02 PM
Is it stored outside?

I would at least drain it and pull it around on the trailer to make sure you get the waters out of the little pockets in the engine. I'm overly cautious about these things. But, then again, I have never had a block freeze as a result of my method.

Always something I do, but never remember to add in advice to others.:rolleyes:

east tx skier
03-19-2013, 10:58 PM
Pull the hoses and turn the engine over a few turns to get the water out of the pump housing. Pull the kill switch/safety lanyard before you do this. Pump housings aren't as thick as blocks.