PDA

View Full Version : Best place to buy a Sky Ski

gr8smiles
09-19-2005, 11:47 AM
I am ready to buy a foil...I think that I want a Sky Ski...where is a/the good place to get one...I am in the Nashville,Tn. area...thanks

Internet/Mail order is fine too

betsy&david Harrison
09-19-2005, 04:37 PM
Wish I knew too because now I want one too. What a blast they are to ride. B

Laurel_Lake_Skier
09-19-2005, 05:24 PM
http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/Hydrofoil/

Head over here and sign up to join the group.....there have just been a couple of foils listed for sale in the last few days

Foiler
09-19-2005, 06:51 PM
I am ready to buy a foil...I think that I want a Sky Ski...where is a/the good place to get one...I am in the Nashville,Tn. area...thanks

Internet/Mail order is fine too

Here are a couple of good dealers:

--
EAST COAST HYDROFOILS
The Sky Ski Price Leader
904-505-4405
www.eastcoasthydrofoils.com

Lonnie Marchand
www.cinchmax.com
lonnie@cinchmax.com
225 938 2501
Can't go wrong with either of these guys, they take trade ins so you might check to see if they have something used.

rodltg2
09-19-2005, 07:27 PM
i saw a stand up model on the east coast website. that looks crazy.

AirJunky
09-19-2005, 07:33 PM
It's funny how things always come around full circle. Standing up used to be the only way to ride a foil. Then in the late 80s, the sit down foils came out & have gotten popular the last few years. Now there are guys mounting the foils on wakeboards & surfboards. You can find guys foil surfing big waves standing up. Rush Randle is sticking back rolls & 360s in the surf now days!

Or heres a cool shot of sit down goin "boatless"!

rodltg2
09-19-2005, 07:36 PM
i saw some guys trying to do that at folsom lake a couple years back on wakeboards. looked hard or they didnt know what they were doing. the chute got all tangled up on one guy and i think he had to end up getting a ride back in,.

PendO
09-19-2005, 07:41 PM
It's funny how things always come around full circle. Standing up used to be the only way to ride a foil. Then in the late 80s, the sit down foils came out & have gotten popular the last few years. Now there are guys mounting the foils on wakeboards & surfboards. You can find guys foil surfing big waves standing up. Rush Randle is sticking back rolls & 360s in the surf now days!

Or heres a cool shot of sit down goin "boatless"!

Bill, is that you on that thing?

AirJunky
09-19-2005, 07:44 PM
Bill, is that you on that thing?
My kid brother, Jake. He's doing backrolls & front rolls behind the kite now. Has to go both ways so the lines don't get tangled up!!

bigmac
09-19-2005, 10:03 PM
Here are a couple of good dealers:

--
EAST COAST HYDROFOILS
The Sky Ski Price Leader
904-505-4405
www.eastcoasthydrofoils.com

Lonnie Marchand
www.cinchmax.com
lonnie@cinchmax.com
225 938 2501
Can't go wrong with either of these guys, they take trade ins so you might check to see if they have something used.

Lonnie is one of the nicest and most helpful guys you'll ever talk to. I'm sure there are others too, but I don't think you can go wrong with him.

PendO
09-19-2005, 10:42 PM
My kid brother, Jake. He's doing backrolls & front rolls behind the kite now. Has to go both ways so the lines don't get tangled up!!

Do you have any video of that?

Foiler
09-19-2005, 11:47 PM

Bill, I don't think Jake would like you saying he goes both ways. J/K

You're right on with Lonnie at Cinchmax, he adds a lot to this sport.
There are several great people in this family of enthusiastic hydrofoilers, I've even ridden with Bill a few times and we're about as far apart as you can get in the states.

AirJunky
09-20-2005, 12:12 AM
Ain't that the truth, Keith! The thing about foil riders & the whole clan, there have never been very many of us. For years we were the only ones on our lake riding. Or the only ones any good at it. So to recruit other riders, get in touch on the net, and travel to ski with each other, has come naturally to us. Thats why the Fly-Ins are so popular. I bet I've skied in like 25 different states, probably 100 different lakes & rivers, or more. Imagine how many miles guys like Kyser or Terrible Todd have....... they go to ALL of the events & have for years! The Wilborns or the Steeles have probably skied in 5 or 6 different countries.... at least!

Casey, I'll check around for some video of the stand foils or kite foilers. There isn't much because of the nature of the sport..... no camera boat!

Foiler
09-20-2005, 12:40 AM
Ain't that the truth, Keith! The thing about foil riders & the whole clan, there have never been very many of us. For years we were the only ones on our lake riding. Or the only ones any good at it. So to recruit other riders, get in touch on the net, and travel to ski with each other, has come naturally to us. Thats why the Fly-Ins are so popular. I bet I've skied in like 25 different states, probably 100 different lakes & rivers, or more. Imagine how many miles guys like Kyser or Terrible Todd have....... they go to ALL of the events & have for years! The Wilborns or the Steeles have probably skied in 5 or 6 different countries.... at least!

Casey, I'll check around for some video of the stand foils or kite foilers. There isn't much because of the nature of the sport..... no camera boat!

I hear ya, I was fortunate enough to be within fairly short driving distance of 3 fly-ins this year. It's been a good summer but it would be great to be able to hit them all. I received great instruction on tricks I was working on and was able to help others that were trying to land there first invert. Works out great!

gr8smiles
09-20-2005, 11:30 AM
Just ordered a B39 from Lonnie...I am so stoked...can't wait til the weekend...

Center Hill...."We have a lift off".... :steering:

AirJunky
09-20-2005, 12:03 PM
Congrats, Rick! Your going to have a great summer there.
The TN Flyin crew lives in your area. Let me know how to contact you & I'll send you addresses for Rob & Skydog. Their a riot to hang out with & will be able to show you a lot! Like how to setup that B39! It was a bit tricky for me to get mine dialed in earlier this summer, but I've had awesome rides the last 5 or 6 weeks..... even had a complete ride with no crashes last week! First time I've done that in years!

Check this video out (http://www.foilfreaks.com/Videos/CLAirboarding/Rush&Bobby-CanyonLakeAirboarding.wmv). Surfer fans will recognize Rush Randle. And NHRA fans will recognize Bobby Taylor!

Foiler
09-20-2005, 10:16 PM
Just ordered a B39 from Lonnie...I am so stoked...can't wait til the weekend...

Center Hill...."We have a lift off".... :steering:

Congratulations on your new purchase! The new foil and your X-star should make for a great mix.